Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: EZEKIEL ELLIOTT SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY FOR SIX GAMES

TK

Doesn't the NFL act according to "conduct" though as opposed to actual criminal activity.  We have to be real about the preferential treatment sports stars get when it comes to criminal convictions. If the NFL only took action when their stars got convicted, hardly anyone would ever be suspended.  I think the NFL has taken the stance that just because players aren't convicted, doesn't mean they aren't going to do their own independent investigation and hand out punishment accordingly.  

Certain colleges also have reputations for protecting athletes when they do bad things.  The NFL seems to not want that same culture to transfer into the NFL once these players are drafted.   I am not saying what the NFL does or how they approach it is the perfect solution.

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I think the NFL has taken the stance that just because players aren't convicted, doesn't mean they aren't going to do their own independent investigation and hand out punishment accordingly.  

This is correct.

The NFL conduct their own investigations. Independent of the police or FBI or whomever is doing the official investigation.

Just because a judge or a DA decide not to pursue a trail, doesn't meant the incident didn't happen. It simply means that within the boundaries they have to stay in, a trail wouldn't be feasible.

This is why the NFL makes issues like this a "conduct" issue, and not a criminal one. It may never get to trail (in which case, the NFL may never know what really happened if they didn't do their own investigations), or it could take the trail months or several years to get to trail. I'm sure they don't want to wait that long to make a ruling.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:24 PM, Riggo'sRangers said:

Fair enough.  Enjoy.  However defending your player on a rivals board is, well pointless.  Yes, the unjaded perspective is nice but I feel it is folly to think you will sway this particular boards opinion regarding EE.  These posts aren't about gaining a "perspective" but defending a Cowboys player. It is fine, but an exercise in futility methinks. Carry on. Hail

Nothing to do with EE and everything to do with why somebody who isn't a fan of the Redskins would post here.

@eaglesfandan You're fine, you don't have to justify why you're here, we welcome it as a board and it's one of the main reasons why we have the ATN forum in the first place. 

Just make sure you remember that your team sucks and hasn't ever won a Super Bowl. Can't forget things like that. :D:P 

2 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

@eaglesfandan You're fine, you don't have to justify why you're here, we welcome it as a board and it's one of the main reasons why we have the ATN forum in the first place. 

Just make sure you remember that your team sucks and hasn't ever won a Super Bowl. Can't forget things like that. :D:P 

Now THAT I fully expect while I'm here lol.  I'm averaging 13 posts a year.  I need to step it up and help out Westy.

navy%20submarine%20high%20definition%20w

33 minutes ago, eaglesfandan said:

Now THAT I fully expect while I'm here lol.  I'm averaging 13 posts a year.  I need to step it up and help out Westy.

I really hope he shows up and says something soon. Nothing spells out "Eagles' impending doom" better than a Westy proclamation of their greatness. :ols: 

On 8/15/2017 at 2:58 AM, thesubmittedone said:

I really hope he shows up and says something soon. Nothing spells out "Eagles' impending doom" better than a Westy proclamation of their greatness. :ols: 

He will be here considering I'm convinced it's an inside job and someone here is Westy at this point :). No way that guy is a real person he's someone's gimmick, now who could it be ?.

Archived