Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: EZEKIEL ELLIOTT SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY FOR SIX GAMES

TK

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY FOR SIX GAMES

Ezekiel Elliott of the Dallas Cowboys was notified today by the NFL that he will be suspended without pay for the team's first six 2017 regular-season games for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

Over the course of the last year, the league conducted an extensive investigation. League investigators interviewed more than a dozen witnesses, including Ms. Tiffany Thompson, who had alleged multiple instances of physical violence in July 2016, and Mr. Elliott. The league also consulted with medical experts. League investigators examined all available evidence, including photographic and digital evidence, thousands of text messages and other records of electronic communications. 

Pursuant to the Personal Conduct Policy, Commissioner Goodell sought the views of four external advisors (see below) to assist him in evaluating potential violations. These experts range in experience from law enforcement, judicial and public service, and other specialized subject areas.

The advisors participated in a meeting on June 26, 2017 in New York City with Elliott, who was represented by his legal team and the NFL Players Association. The group also reviewed the league's investigative reports and materials, the expert medical reports, and multiple NFL Players Association submissions on Elliott's behalf.

In a letter to Elliott advising him of the decision, Todd Jones, the NFL's Special Counsel for Conduct, said these advisors "were of the view that there is substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that [Elliott] engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions during the week of July 16, 2016."

After reviewing the record, and having considered the views of the independent advisors, the commissioner determined that the credible evidence established that Elliott engaged in conduct that violated NFL policy.

Elliott may appeal this decision within three days. If he does not appeal, Elliott's suspension will begin September 2, the day of final roster reductions for NFL teams. He is eligible to participate in all preseason practices and games. Elliott will be eligible to return to the team's active roster on Monday, October 23 following the Cowboys' Sunday, October 22 game against the San Francisco 49ers.

MEMBERS OF THE EXTERNAL EXPERT ADVISORY PANEL

PETER HARVEY, Esq., former Attorney General for the State of New Jersey.

KEN HOUSTON, member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, who played in 14 seasons in the NFL.

TONYA LOVELACE, MA, Chief Executive Officer of The Women of Color Network, Inc.

MARY JO WHITEEsq., former United States attorney and former Chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

11 minutes ago, Roger.Staubach said:

****ing meatheads on my team.  I do think the penalty is excessive, but after so many mistakes, the NFL has to look strong.  

If you were what I consider an average Dallas fan I'd be laughing in your face, but you've been pretty cool around here. I know it sucked for us when Trent Williams got suspended. We know how you're feeling.

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I love how one of them was the former AG of New Jersey...lol. The giants must play Dallas in the first 5 games....

Hell, they play each other season opener.  And so fitting that his first game back will be against us.  Hmmm...

30 minutes ago, TK said:

@AdamSchefter: Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones is said to be furious with NFL decision, per one source. Furious.

m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Yeah, because Jones looks like a fool. His over the top defense of Elliott a couple of weeks ago seemed very strange. Some national talk show hosts who love Jerry and think he is so great, even they were criticizing him thinking he made a mistake. Now the suspension happens and Jerry is the one with egg on his face. 

6 games for elliot, compared to 1 game for the Giants kicker Josh Brown, when he ADMITTED to beating his wife, jut reinforces my belief that the Giants get the most bias treatment in the NFL.  Elliot's fine will be reduced, but not enough to keep him from playing the Giants in week 1.  For all other divisional games, Elliot will be back in the lineup

37 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Elliot's fine will be reduced, but not enough to keep him from playing the Giants in week 1. 

The way you worded that makes it sound like you think he WILL play the Giants in week 1... 

think you meant "but not enough, keeping him from playing the Giants in week 1"

Mara strikes again. Zeke violated the spirit of the fist.

I am curious about how the NFL decides how hard to punish players though. Seems like the punishments vary from player to player instead of being standardized. That being said, if he did abuse and assault his girlfriend significantly then I'm completely fine with a minimum of 6 games. This **** can't go on any longer.

Ok, I'm all for Elliot being suspended, but I don't get why he even was...wasn't he found innocent of the sexual assault, and didn't the police report state he wasn't involved in the punching of that DJ? 

32 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

I think it's funny how Jerruh Jones has a problem with players not standing for the national anthem but is totally cool with woman beaters. (Greg Hardy, Zeke, etc)

Real class act

Ok, I hate jerry jones too, but who says he has a problem with players not standing for the anthem? Was that actually reported?

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^ im going to need an actual link, one that I'm able to click on :P 

Greg Abbott‏Verified account @GregAbbott_TX  Aug 2
Thank you Jerry Jones: Cowboys Jerry Jones to Players: Stand for the Anthem or you're off team @NFL @dallascowboys

Gregg Abbott is the governor of Texas 

Just now, Boss_Hogg said:

Greg Abbott‏Verified account @GregAbbott_TX  Aug 2
Thank you Jerry Jones: Cowboys Jerry Jones to Players: Stand for the Anthem or you're off team @NFL @dallascowboys

Gregg Abbott is the governor of Texas 

Wow. Well. I agree, that is stupid that he would cut a player for that but not cut a player who actually gets in trouble.

I can't believe this many are coming to his defense. Nobody can be as unlucky as this young man. He seems to be at a lot places where women get assaulted or somebody gets beat up. 

Kind of reminds me of someone I know. He seem to always be where the trouble is, but he's never the one involved. 

5 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I can't believe this many are coming to his defense. Nobody can be as unlucky as this young man. He seems to be at a lot places where women get assaulted or somebody gets beat up. 

Kind of reminds me of someone I know. He seem to always be where the trouble is, but he's never the one involved. 

I think I know who. It appears he's hit the buffet quite a few times since retirement:

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I mean...he WAS found innocent of hitting his girlfriend, just like two weeks ago wasn't he? And the police report about the night club said it wasn't clear that he was involved? 

Those would mean to me he didn't do it. (Not that I'm complaining about the suspension) 

Cowboys fans are a bunch of hypocrites..If it was a player from another team they would be ready to crucify him.Just because he was never charged dosen't make him innocent..the DA probably didn't want to waste money and time on a he said she case and just decided to drop it..Look how quicky the case was suspended with the knocking out of the DJ..the guy was paid off not to press charges..Zeke is a POS 

Archived