33 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Any mescal drinkers?

Sure

Picked up a cheap bottle of Jeremiah Weed Sasparilla Whiskey.  Not exactly a traditional whiskey, but if you like root-beer and the like, it's pretty interesting and can be had for under $20.
29766.jpg

I was able to try some Wilderness Trail High Rye Bourbon Sunday and I must say it's my favorite new bourbon in a while.  Can't wait to get some.  Supposed to start distribution in May keep your eyes open.  The other Wilderness Trail stuff I tried I though was just ok, this stuff is pretty damn good though.  Will be distributed in DC and MD also.  Not Virginia though.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HOF44 said:

I was able to try some Wilderness Trail High Rye Bourbon Sunday and I must say it's my favorite new bourbon in a while.  Can't wait to get some.  Supposed to start distribution in May keep your eyes open.  The other Wilderness Trail stuff I tried I though was just ok, this stuff is pretty damn good though.  Will be distributed in DC and MD also.  Not Virginia though.  

I personally know the owners, and that distillery is in my town. I haven't had their rye yet, but the 4 year is a personal favorite of mine, but then I like wheated bourbons and to me the taste test is like a young Weller with a thinner mouth feel.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I personally know the owners, and that distillery is in my town. I haven't had their rye yet, but the 4 year is a personal favorite of mine, but then I like wheated bourbons and to me the taste test is like a young Weller with a thinner mouth feel.

This isn’t the their rye but a high rye bourbon.  It’s a newcomer. I didn’t care for their rye or wheated bourbon but loved this. 

Edited by HOF44

46 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

This isn’t the their rye but a high rye bourbon.  It’s a newcomer. I didn’t care for their rye or wheated bourbon but loved this. 

Did you get a photo of the bottle?

ABC Stores will begin opening at 10 a.m. on Sundays in order to take in additional profits

Virginia's state-run liquor stores will begin opening two hours earlier on Sundays this summer, the Virginian-Pilot reported.

Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) stores will open at 10 a.m. instead of noon Sundays to make up for revenue lost after a new law lets craft distilleries keep 20 percent of their profits from sales on their premises — up from 8 percent.

Click on the link for the full article