Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Liquor Thread

PokerPacker

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so last weekend I infused some makers with apple and orange. 

infusing for an hour or 2 is delish

i ended up forgetting about it for 2 days

CE56FBBF-467F-490D-A15C-7028CF8134D3.jpeg

It ends up very viscous and thicc

410B505C-C525-44B8-90D2-6F115188BFA5.jpeg

So obv i added Makers

DEEFAC51-235A-47CF-B8DD-8E713079AD53.jpeg

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Going to the beach this weekend with some friends to celebrate us all being vaccinated and to pick a barrel of whiskey.  Here is the line up.  Also should have some good stuff for the cooking thread too. 

Bottle of Stagg 
Bottle of ND OGD
Couple of half pints of ND OGD
Old Fitz stitzel, about 200 mL
Jefferson 18, maybe about 375 mL 
Bowman Hazmat 
A few starlight bottles 
A “few” beers 
2 magnums of wine 
3-4 bottles of tequila 

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Going to the beach this weekend with some friends to celebrate us all being vaccinated and to pick a barrel of whiskey.  Here is the line up.  Also should have some good stuff for the cooking thread too. 

Bottle of Stagg 
Bottle of ND OGD
Couple of half pints of ND OGD
Old Fitz stitzel, about 200 mL
Jefferson 18, maybe about 375 mL 
Bowman Hazmat 
A few starlight bottles 
A “few” beers 
2 magnums of wine 
3-4 bottles of tequila 

Well, you're covered.  What are your friends going to drink?

4 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Who’s had Old Rip Van Winkle 10? VA ABC had a lottery and I won the right to buy a bottle at MSRP. 

Congrats I won one of those too!  Sell it buy yourself an ND OGD for about 350.00. ORVW is Average at best and worth 600-700 bucks to sell.  You come out with WAY better whiskey and 300 or so in your pocket. 

42 minutes ago, China said:

Well, you're covered.  What are your friends going to drink?

Pretty much Skinsfan1311 exact comment. 

Edited by HOF44
  • Haha 1

this is a call out to all the other cheap bastages out there.... that want a solid drinkable cheap bourbon to swill away on.    My go-to has always been Ancient Ancient Age 10-star, which is made by the buffalo trace distillers with the buffalo trace mash, but a more inconsistent barrel rotation routine.   It should not be confused with Ancient Age, which is also made by buffalo trace, but with a different mash, and is a little cheaper and a lot rougher on the mouth.   

20190407_204117.jpg      versus    ancient-age-kentucky-straight-bourbon-whiskey-proo.jpg

Ancient Ancient Age USED to be called "10 year" versus the "10 star" it is called now.... and they no longer age it 10 years, and the quality has fallen a bit,  but I think it is still tasty.   BUT.... it is also getting harder and harder to find.   Most VA abc stores don't sell it anymore, and the ones that do are always out, even though they will only allow you to buy one bottle at a time.   

[[[[[ review of AA-10 star   https://www.columbusbourbon.com/2019/05/ancient-ancient-age-10-star-review.html ]]]]]

anyways..... my question is what middling to cheap bourbon do you recommend for all the cheap ****s out (t)here??

Edited by mcsluggo

So much stuff. Didn’t get pics of everything. This was Sunday night.  Three people. The OGD and GTS were sealed when we started. The Old Fitz was bonded Stitzel-Weller. And dinner. 

777DA83F-7FAD-47BB-B0A6-839400EED518.jpeg

2725D19F-2CD5-4F14-BD3C-AADEDFB47FF7.jpeg

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, China said:

Does anyone here use the last bit of each bottle to make an infinity bottle?

I have not but that sounds like a fun experiment. I drank more Lagavulin 16 last night than I wanted because I had like a half portion left. I have no idea what a combo of bourbon and Islay tastes like but I am eager to find out.