Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Frustration With Ticket Office, Should I not be this upset?

Synergist

So before I absolutely loose my mind,  curious about the opinion of this forum.   I have been a season ticket owner for at least 13-15 years..  I spent many years up top in what was section 404...  Now I call section 125 my home for the past 8 or so years..   I called yesterday and I have seats 3,4,5  I learned that seats 1 and 2 had opened up.  I was pretty sure this wasn't going to be a big deal,  but I asked to SHIFT my seats down to have 1,2,3 so I could have the isle.  Given I have never been late on a payment,  always paid my invoice + parking up front.  I would assume I was a valuable customer.   

In all out honestly,  they refused to do so,   (After a escalation) I was told that that it would devalue the ability for them to sell those 2 seats and rather then make a legacy loyal customer happy..  They opt'd to go the route of the future potential sale of those tickets.   We all know any seats in the lower bowl will sell without a doubt..  I was honestly shocked at the Ticket Office's lack of loyalty to me as a long time customer..   Even when I attempted to understand I was simply told it was their policy that had been in place for quite some time.   

In the end I feel I'm being penalized for (1) Having 3 Tickets. ,  (2) being a loyal paying customer...   I'm on the verge of just giving them up based on the lack of value I seem to have to the Washington Redskins...   I could go down the path about the value I have received for my tens of thousands of investment over those past 15 or so years.. . but in the end.. I just feel I mean ZIPPY to the franchise... 

Am I going overboard for taking this so personal..?

So, you just want to shift, in your current row,  to have seats 1-3, which would leave seats 4&5 available for the Skins for sale?

If I understand you correctly,  then Hell no!  You are not taking it too personally,  and should be pissed.  Any chance of escalating it even further?  With the **** product that they'be been putting on the field, for the past 20+ years, you would think that the Skins would do whatever it takes to retain those of us who have shelled out all of that money over the years.

I think they should move you. They still have 2 seats together to sell.I tried to add 2 seats to my account back in April and was told they have no seats available. Granted I'm in section 104. But I have different people around me every week. I guess they belong to ticket brokers. I thought like you I would have no problem since I was adding tickets but I was wrong

Thanks,  I agree as well,  Before I go nuclear I did email the ticket office this morning with a calm and rational email to see if they can see the light of how they were favoriting a potential new customer over a loyal,  legacy paying customer.  I'm hopeful they will see the light,  my wife is so jacked up over this she wants me to give up the tickets. 

Try to email/call Bruce Allen directly. He apparently has been known to respond in similar situations.

Nothing too dramatic, just send a message saying what you did in your post -- you're a long-time paying fan and you're feeling like the team is being dismissive of your loyalty. Worst case scenario, you don't get a response and tell them to go pound sand next renewal.

Sounds desperate by the ticket office.  They are still 2 seats together in the lower bowl, being 4 & 5 rather than 1 & 2.  Even with how bad its been overall for the past 2 decades, I wouldn't imagine they'd have trouble filling lower bowl seats.  It really doesn't make any sense and I'd be pissed about it too.

I got a phone call from the Ticket Office this morning,  and a very nice lady apologized and informed me that it was a mistake on their communication.  So I'm pretty happy now and they did the right thing.   I'm in Row 14..:)   Certainly a better start to the day...   Thanks, everyone...

HTTR!

That's cool it worked out for you. Completely agree that it's a reasonable request the team should've honored given how long you've been a season ticket holder. Glad they got it done, because if not you would have every right to be pissed off. You've got to show the loyal Redskins fans, especially paying ones, the love.

17 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Wut

I think I can translate. I believe what he's saying is that while many sincerely enjoy the traditional NFL gameday experience and that irreplaceable feeling of being surrounded by thousands of like-minded fans on a warm Fall afternoon---sun on your face, beer in hand, feet stamping, crowd roaring and echoing all around, cheerleaders shaking--There are others who feel the opposite, that football is better enjoyed from the comfort of one's own living room, mere steps from the beer fridge in one room and a private bathroom with no lines in another room. The money spent on season tickets could theoretically be spent on a high quality 4k 80" flatscreen and a nice recliner, with money to spare for NFL Sunday Ticket. That's the argument I think he's making, but, you know...more succinctly. 

Or he just happened to fall face-first into his keyboard and leave some recognizable patterns behind that I'm interpreting how I see fit. 

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think I can translate. I believe what he's saying is that while many sincerely enjoy the traditional NFL gameday experience and that irreplaceable feeling of being surrounded by thousands of like-minded fans on a warm Fall afternoon---sun on your face, beer in hand, feet stamping, crowd roaring and echoing all around, cheerleaders shaking--There are others who feel the opposite, that football is better enjoyed from the comfort of one's own living room, mere steps from the beer fridge in one room and a private bathroom with no lines in another room. The money spent on season tickets could theoretically be spent on a high quality 4k 80" flatscreen and a nice recliner, with money to spare for NFL Sunday Ticket. That's the argument I think he's making, but, you know...more succinctly. 

Or he just happened to fall face-first into his keyboard and leave some recognizable patterns behind that I'm interpreting how I see fit. 

Well, I would say his response is the equivalent of me responding with the following, in the New GM Search thread:

"I think we should sign Darelle Revis to a four year deal"

Also, if the thread title was "Should I buy season tickets or an 80" inch 4K TV?", I would argue that NFL games are not going to be broadcast in 4K next year, and most likely not in 2018 either.

Then I would point out that while 80" 4K TV's do exist, they are not as common as 78" or even 82".  Then knowing what season tickets cost per seat, in his particular section, plus knowing what 4K TV's in the 75 inch + range go for, I would argue that one could get a 70 inch plus LED TV AND those same season tickets for what a superior 4K TV cost.

I would not be able to help myself, and i surely would suggest that like all recent TV technology, in two years, the tech would be much more advanced, and half the cost it is today.

I would then refer to the original post, where the original poster says he has been a season ticket holder for 15 years, with three seats in the lower bowl which he pays upfront, on time, plus parking. I am going to go out on a limb and say that this particular poster could most likely afford both his season tickets and a nice TV, and probably does already.

I went with "wut". Hoping I didn't have to type all that out.

Seriously though. The Redskins will have a new stadium sooner than later, and the argument will be.....

"Should I buy my two tickets and PSL this year, or buy my daughter a brand new Mercedes"

Good for you! I am assuming you got seats 1-3 now. It definitely pays to speak up and push for what you feel is right. They should treat long time loyalty fans accordingly. I had my "seasons" back in 08-09. They actually made some good adjustments for me when I requested. Congrats again! HTTR!

On 7/7/2017 at 1:14 AM, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Well, I would say his response is the equivalent of me responding with the following, in the New GM Search thread:

"I think we should sign Darelle Revis to a four year deal"

Also, if the thread title was "Should I buy season tickets or an 80" inch 4K TV?", I would argue that NFL games are not going to be broadcast in 4K next year, and most likely not in 2018 either.

Then I would point out that while 80" 4K TV's do exist, they are not as common as 78" or even 82".  Then knowing what season tickets cost per seat, in his particular section, plus knowing what 4K TV's in the 75 inch + range go for, I would argue that one could get a 70 inch plus LED TV AND those same season tickets for what a superior 4K TV cost.

I would not be able to help myself, and i surely would suggest that like all recent TV technology, in two years, the tech would be much more advanced, and half the cost it is today.

I would then refer to the original post, where the original poster says he has been a season ticket holder for 15 years, with three seats in the lower bowl which he pays upfront, on time, plus parking. I am going to go out on a limb and say that this particular poster could most likely afford both his season tickets and a nice TV, and probably does already.

I went with "wut". Hoping I didn't have to type all that out.

Seriously though. The Redskins will have a new stadium sooner than later, and the argument will be.....

"Should I buy my two tickets and PSL this year, or buy my daughter a brand new Mercedes"

1) I own an 80" TV.  It is currently in storage hopefully it works when I take it out. It's a 1080P 3D LED lit LCD 

2) I used to run an event ticket search engine 

3) 80" Class size is fairly common once you get over 80" class such as 90" 100" 110" the TV prices go up 10x. 78 and 82" are what I would consider 80" class size. 

3a) It is difficult Imo to find a new 70" or 80" (class size) tv that isn't 4k 

4) You want a 4k at 80" because the pixel density is very noticeable at that size and the dot pitch is much reduced with 4k even if sources aren't yet 4k

5) I would certainly pair an 80" TV with nice sound receiver combo like a Marantz 8802 or whatever they are on now, they upscale to 4k and 4k upscaling works really well and DTS:X, Atmos, and even DTS:X Neo work very well, the sound is very good as well as the picture.  

6) Going to Redskins game used to be so much fun.  Things memories were made out of.  IMHO This changed in the 1990s, and now it is a pain to get to the stadium, everything is super expensive, the people around you are often belligerent.  It's just not fun anymore imho and the TV coverage is very good.  I have sat everywhere in the stadium even in the booth with Sonny and the field, so I feel pretty confident in saying I wouldn't bring my kids to the stadium unless they begged for it.  A boat trip or Disney trip is much higher on my list.   

7) I do agree 70" tvs are cheaper,  I would still get a 4k at that size (for smaller dot pitch) unless your room is like >35' long and you're sitting >25' away.  If you have good eyesight add 5'.

8) The thread is about being upset with the ticket office, I am offering an alternative to renewing tickets which is a positive way to communicate displeasure with the ticket office, therefore my response is appropriate. 

You didn't go overboard expecting loyalty to be rewarded.  While they may not view it as such, this is an investment that STH's make in the team, and we make it every year.  Some people drop off naturally, some people add and drop based on how the team(s) are doing (more for other spots than NFL) but the Redskins have really lost a lot of loyal STH's in the poor decisions made after Gibbs 2.0.  They should be rewarding those of you who have been around for quite a while, but since they don't view it as we do, an investment, it's hard to work through situations like this unless you go up the chain to someone with authority.  Given the parameters that I am sure they are working under, the office does an alright job, but automatically defaulting to "no" on this definitely doesn't look good.  

In the end, I am happy that they came through and fixed this for you.  I have aisle seats at Oriole Park, and wouldn't get tickets at Fed Ex without them- I don't mind getting up for people, and I like having more room on the end.  

Archived