Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Damn Good Food

Spaceman Spiff

Oh man, the Vienna Inn...know it, love it.

Only thing I don't like is that the hot dogs are boiled, not grilled.  Get the chili dogs though, they are great.

2 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Folks do not understand chili over pasta. 

I love it. My chili is pretty spicy, over some pasta. You will rarely eat chili in a regular way again. 

I taught my wife how to make it and she doesn't want chili unless we make it with pasta now. 

Cincinnati style.

8 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Folks do not understand chili over pasta. 

I love it. My chili is pretty spicy, over some pasta. You will rarely eat chili in a regular way again. 

I taught my wife how to make it and she doesn't want chili unless we make it with pasta now. 

Looks like Skyline Chili that they have in Cincinnati. There's also a spin off called Gold Star. I was ALWAYS against noodling the chili, but this is a very different form of chili that suits the noodles better. Not to mention the heaps of cheese they shred on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pho is more than “just soup”, it begins with a delicious and complex beef broth with Southeast Asian spices, rice noodles, steak and brisket slices. Then fresh basil, chili peppers, bean sprouts, lime juice, and I add sriracha sauce. What you end up with is a savory bowl of spicy soup of pure umami and a dash of citrusy sweetness. I can’t help but slurp away until I hit the bottom of the bowl, chili heat in my cheeks, savoriness in the back of my throat, lime juice on my fingers, and nose running from the spicy goodness of it all. I enjoyed this wonderful bowl at Pho BC in Lexington, Kentucky.

45746750202_8f0f599ac3_b.jpg

7 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Best place for Pho in the DMV is Pho 75 in Arlington (courthouse area). It’s completely no frills. Not fancy, the service people don’t kiss your butt. You order your bowl of soup, sit your butt down, eat it and then gtfo. It’s so great. 

Those are the best! 

We have an “Atomic Ramen” which is for wannabee hipsters. I tried it once....once

The best places are the ones with homemade kinkos laminated menus loaded with typos taped to the front door. They are closed on Tuesdays for some odd reason. The tables are brown laminate topped from a basic restaurant supply store, same with the chairs. When you walk in there and 75% Asian customers.

If you walk into a Pho or ramen restaurant and it is anything other than a mom-n-pop, turn around and leave.

Jojo’s in Frederick, Maryland.

In visting family and they took us to Jojo’s for the first time tonight and really enjoyed the ahi poke, beautifully flavored tuna with a light smokey soy sauce served on slaty fried crisps. With the avocado this was a beautiful way to start my meal. I chose the large Wild Turkey Bourbon Stout, it was truly rich and flavorful with a smooth chocolatey full bodied flavor. For my entrée I chose the steak frites medium rare, it was perfectly tender with the rich brandy and capered sauce that complimented perfectly. I finished my meal with a bit of a splurge, the seasonal pumpkin cheese cake was a bit on the small side, but its rich pumpkin pie flavor and chocolate topping made up in taste what it lacked in size.

All in all we were impressed with Jojo’s offerings and would definitely recommend to others.

32044563638_28202037a6_b.jpg

30976974897_e22e0bd6bf_b.jpg

30976975507_b63368e841_b.jpg

32044564018_652e832d05_b.jpg

2 minutes ago, techboy said:

"TK: MEDIUM WELL???? (FRENCH OUTRAGE) Medium!!! What is this, medium??? Why not order the boeuf covered with melted cheese, monsieur???? Why not have it chopped up and put in a bun with a big pickle!!!!!"

https://www.prairiehome.org/story/2001/04/07/cafe-boeuf.html

Oops that was supposed to say medium rare!!! 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

A 2-alarm fire this evening has damaged Sardi’s Peruvian restaurant in Gaithersburg. Friends say they serve really good charcoaled Peruvian style chicken. 

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/2-alarm-fire-breaks-out-at-sardi-s-restaurant-in-gaithersburg

Sardi’s is the best of the numerous Peruvian chicken places that I’ve tried across the US.  

For whatever reason, they have trouble at their locations.  A vehicle drove through the one in Frederick, shutting it down for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived