Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Damn Good Food

Spaceman Spiff

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Find a Nobu and get a couple ozs. of the Wagyu Tataki...trust me.

Nobu Friday, the Wagyu is the plan. :)   Sinatra tonight, Chart House tomorrow.  We're not gamblers, we came here to eat. :)

Pinky-up restaurants every night, well-known mom and pops from Travel Channel and Food Network for bbq, pizza, donuts, burgers, tacos, etc during the day.  Been non-stop yumgasms since Saturday.  

4 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Nobu Friday, the Wagyu is the plan. :)   Sinatra tonight, Chart House tomorrow.  We're not gamblers, we came here to eat. :)

Pinky-up restaurants every night, well-known mom and pops from Travel Channel and Food Network for bbq, pizza, donuts, burgers, tacos, etc during the day.  Been non-stop yumgasms since Saturday.  

My Nobu throwdown:

Miso

Shi****o peppers

Roasted Cauliflower

Wagyu Tataki

Salmon/Yellowtail Nigiri

#highroller

10 hours ago, youngchew said:

The beef Wellington at Gordon Ramsey Steak is like an orgasm in your mouth.  The combination of pastry, mustard, mushrooms, savory crepe and the actual beef, it's his signature dish for a very reason.  

On 7/25/2017 at 1:54 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was at the Organic Butcher in McLean getting some burger meat a couple weeks ago and the guy asked me if I wanted a pound of 100% Kobe beef from Japan.  I asked how much, he said 100 bucks.  I just laughed.

...but I was secretly tempted.  

Watched a special on Kobe beef not too long ago, most places that advertise it aren't on the up & up...it's likely not 100%.  Do research before you buy...I actually think it would be more $ than that.

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The beef Wellington at Gordon Ramsey Steak is like an orgasm in your mouth.  The combination of pastry, mustard, mushrooms, savory crepe and the actual beef, it's his signature dish for a very reason.  

As for your description...I'll take your word on the first part. As for the rest, that I can attest to its veracity. Hands down, this was simply the best meal that I have EVER eaten in my life.

Gordon Ramsay's Steak (Las Vegas):

Foie Gras (omijeezus!!!)

36176744285_23f47d6ec8_b.jpg

Braised Shortribs:

36176744475_8d6e909024_b.jpg

Beef Wellington:

36136134546_f8af99efbb_b.jpg

Noisey Oyster: (Charleston, SC)

35318992394_36012c079c_b.jpg

Shrimp & Grits

36157772785_e73d4f5233_b.jpg

She Crab Soup:

36117960146_94ff407673_b.jpg

Earlier this month i went to Toronto to visit / meet my in-laws. (I had met my mother in law, but no one else.) 
So, as I am gwai-lo, a week of authentic chinese food was something they all enjoyed watching me eat. Most of it was delicious,, some stuff, well, thanks anyway.

My brother in law kept insisting that they order things i would eat.. figuring I would only eat meat. Took a while to convince him  that I would eat what he ate,, and i think he definitely took me to the ends of some of these menus to see what sort of faces he could get out of me. But, his delight in watching me eat these things gave us a good point to become friends.. he's a good guy. This is me and the family enjoying dim sum for lunch
19787537_10211507644879591_8291937929724

But, the highlight of the week was a 16 lb lobster ..  the restaurant brings this monster out and sets it on the turntable in the middle of the table, and everyone gets their pictures taken with it for some reason, then off it goes to the kitchen and in about 5 minutes they start hauling out dishes and laying them on the turntable.. they cook it six different ways and man, is it good. 

I'd recommend these places, but damn if i can pronounce any of them. Almost every restaurant we went into, i was the only gwai-lo.

I did a lot of smiling and nodding and eating.

~Bang

Had a pretty good lunch at The Carving Room in DC a couple of weeks back.  They're at 300 Massachusetts Ave. NW, kind of stuck between Chinatown to the west and NOMA to the east, though there's lots of development happening in that area.

I had a sandwich that was featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives":

Pastrami Poblano on Ciabatta:  Crispy pastrami, oven roasted poblamo pepper, provolone, fried egg, chipotle mayo and cilantro on a fresh ciabatta bun.  The thought of a fried egg on a sandwich or burger never really appealed to me. But it really worked on this sandwich - the warm yolk counterbalanced the pep of the poblano pepper and chipotle mayo.  The pastrami was just right.

They had a decent list of locally brewed beers on tap, and their burgers looked really good. 

As appetizers, they do "cigars."  They take thin spring roll wrappers, fill them with  chorizo or spiced beef, roll them into cigar shape, lightly fry them, then serve them with dipping sauces.

http://carvingroom.com/

Bang I hope you got to try other places in Toronto as well. It has some of the best rearauraunts I have ever eaten at in any city. 

One of my favorite places to eat since I moved here are the Tibetan and Nepalese restaurants. 

I always get Momos with a cup of Butter Milk Tea:

Chicken_Momos_Recipe_Delicious_Steamed_C

Momos are steamed or fried dumplings, stuffed with meat and onions, served with a vinegar based hot sauce. Paired with Butter Milk Tea, which is salty but milky in taste, it is a great meal in the cold weather up here.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Had a pretty good lunch at The Carving Room in DC a couple of weeks back.  They're at 300 Massachusetts Ave. NW, kind of stuck between Chinatown to the west and NOMA to the east, though there's lots of development happening in that area.

http://carvingroom.com/

The Carving Room is great. I used to live right down the block. 

Their Honey Harissa wings are amazing. A bit pricey but totally worth it.

carving-room-honey-harissa.jpg

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

@AsburySkinsFan running a food blog up in here!  But I'll pass on the Foie Gras.

LoL! I just like good food and to share the experience with others. I've thought about blogging (cigars, food) but can't figure out how to monetize it, and I don't have time to be a hobbiest blogger.

As for the foie gras, that was my first time...but wow was it amazing, like a rich, meaty butter.

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If it's not serving boss cheesecake I'm not coming. 

That's my stipulation. 

Hail. 

Hail to my stipulation as well...a great dessert.  I'll post my restaurant's homemade tiramisu.  Five people could be comfortable on one serving, **** you not.

12 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Watched a special on Kobe beef not too long ago, most places that advertise it aren't on the up & up...it's likely not 100%.  Do research before you buy...I actually think it would be more $ than that.

They didn't have it advertised anywhere, the guy behind the counter just told me that they'd received some.  But yeah, if I'm shelling out money for anything CLOSE to that, it better be legit.  

Archived