Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yellowstone is still about to blow

spjunkies

I tried to warn you people, but you didn't want to listen. Apparently the seismic activity has really picked up in the area. Further details are in this video if you have a few minutes to spare.

Think I'll flee to the Virgin Islands when this happens, how about you?

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yellowstone is about to blow. Time is relative but in the grand scheme of things, we're right in the window.

of course that window is like 10,000 years or something so...

Unfortunately, there is potential evidence that it may never fully erupt again. I'm not an expert btw, I just read a Reddit thread about it earlier this week. The earthquakes mean pressure is being released and not building it up. So they are a good thing. Or a bad thing depending on your current view of Society.

Edited by ShredSkins

11 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yea that whole portal or teleportation thing was a bit much 

:rofl89:

i quit at 2:30

now going back to catch whatever this portal/teleportation stuff is.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 4

ok so the government is abducting people, or creating portals, causing 2 year olds to disappear to the top of mountains.

by the way, as an aside - the way this guy presents his case follows a very familiar pattern *cough* trump *cough*

"many people are saying"

"the stats would blow your mind" (no stats)

etc etc etc

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yellowstone is about to blow. Time is relative but in the grand scheme of things, we're right in the window.

of course that window is like 10,000 years or something so...

It depends on what type of eruption you're talking about.  There have been three supereruptions which occurred 2.1 million, 1.3 million, and approximately 630,000 years ago.  Smaller eruptions have happened more recently but still approximately 70 and 150 thousand years ago.

Link

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I want to visit next year, so I hope it holds off until after I go.

It would be kinda cool to be there for the show if it cooks off.:)

Rather cool anyway,need to take my wife there.

7 hours ago, twa said:

It would be kinda cool to be there for the show if it cooks off.:)

Rather cool anyway,need to take my wife there.

I'm thinking it would be kinda hot rather than kind of cool.  But at least you wouldn't have time to be bothered about it.

Edited by China

• 2 months later...

Yellowstone Supervolcano Earthquake Swarm Now One of Biggest on Record, With Over 2,300 Tremors

An ongoing earthquake swarm at Yellowstone volcano is now one of the biggest ever recorded, with over 2,300 tremors since it began in June.

As of August 30, 2,357 earthquakes had been recorded. The most powerful in recent weeks was magnitude 3.3; it took place on August 21.

The most powerful in the current swarm was a magnitude 4.4, which was recorded on June 15. Most of the earthquakes were in the magnitude 0 or 1 range, with a further 181 recorded at magnitude 2 and 11 at magnitude 3.

Click on the link for the full article

21 hours ago, China said:

Yellowstone Supervolcano Earthquake Swarm Now One of Biggest on Record, With Over 2,300 Tremors

An ongoing earthquake swarm at Yellowstone volcano is now one of the biggest ever recorded, with over 2,300 tremors since it began in June.

As of August 30, 2,357 earthquakes had been recorded. The most powerful in recent weeks was magnitude 3.3; it took place on August 21.

The most powerful in the current swarm was a magnitude 4.4, which was recorded on June 15. Most of the earthquakes were in the magnitude 0 or 1 range, with a further 181 recorded at magnitude 2 and 11 at magnitude 3.

Friggin Aliens!

23 hours ago, China said:

I blame Hillary.