Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

45 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I've mostly been a straight traditional flower guy, but I ended up picking up a gram of wax and melted it on top of the bowl and smoked it with flower.  Wow.  I was not prepared. 

Yeah, man. That wax ain't for us casuals LOL.  

Were you good...just really stoned?  Or did things go south?

10 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I love unlocking the mysteries.

Another masterpiece of a soundtrack, imo, is Thomas Newman's work on the Man with One Red Shoe. The music is beyond classic, at least for me. I hear the origins of Ital Tek in his tunes, even Com Truise. I hear electronic cinematic orchestra there too. Newman's sound was the kind of music and complexity that Stewart Copeland wanted to make but never could for films during the 80's.

I find the movie kitschy. Lots of folks don't like it. But it reminds me of summer in DC so it's an every so often in a blue moon watch of a love letter to the past. 

But the music, if you're interested: https://youtu.be/DOZguYgB4LE

You had me at Com Truise, brother.  I'm sold.  He's one of my faves synthwave/dreamwave artists, my preferred genre when deep smacked.  

Working now but I'll eat some eddies and vibe out with it tonight.  I'm all about discovering new music :headbang:

Edited by Chew

12 minutes ago, Chew said:

Yeah, man. That wax ain't for us casuals LOL.  

Were you good...just really stoned?  Or did things go south?

Oh everything was all good, it was mostly just that I wasn't prepared for how much less we (My wife and I) needed to smoke when the wax was mixed in.  We usually dust a bowl together in the garage, sometimes a little more just depending on the situation.  So lately since I have been going to this supplier through my brother in law, we usually split a pre-roll and split a bowl.  This time we finished the preroll, I prepped the wax and maybe 2-3 hits off the bowl and we were toast.  I knew something was different because my wife was ready to go back inside way sooner than usual, she often puts me to shame as far as what gets us super baked. LOL. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chew said:

You had me at Com Truise, brother.

Well, when I say origins I mean resonant influence, if not more specifically the electronic hardware of the '80s that Newman was experimenting with and the specific sound they made, which artists like CT have been able to emulate, or find and use outright, and expand upon. Not that Newman's score is actually a CT tune.

To me Truise has consistently stayed dancefloor with a leading percussion beat which has always made me feel connected, grounded. For Newman, he was doing this score in context with the movie for a major studio, 20th century, in 1985. So, stylistically you can hear those constraints on it, but at the same time you can hear how Newman breaks the mold. He fuzed string instrumentation and 80s pop with jarring electronic stabs and overlays. 

Another artist I hear in Newman's work is dBridge, from the autonomic years. Listening to Newman's score is like travel to the Devron system with Picard and Q. 

I'm all about discovering new music

Well now I'm debating whether I should recommend you watch the movie in order to get the music in context. The score is actually the best actor in the film, imo, despite it starring Tom Hanks. This was mid 80s Hanks, the goof, before serious Hanks, and his character here in Red Shoe plays mostly comedic deadpan. 

The other significant thing to note about the soundtrack I linked to on youtube is that it's not complete, or full. Not complete in that it's missing one very significant tune, the Airport Theme, which you'd have to see the movie in order to hear, which also is the tune I most associate with Truise. And not full in that the tracks themselves in the newly released soundtrack are not the full completed works from Newman, as far as I can tell.

There's some mystery as to the history of the soundtrack and I don't know the whole story. There may have been some rights battle around it back in the day. Apparently there wasn't a released soundtrack in 1985. And for fans of the score like me, it has been years walking in the desert trying to find it. There have been fan efforts over the years and unofficial releases on the web.

The official sanctioned version came out recently in 2018 when some studio was able to work with 20th century to get it pressed. But I would call the album they released "snippets" from the score. Almost as if they were the already edited snippets ready to be plugged into the final cut of the film just handed over from 20th century. Reminiscent of Lucas saying that no copies of the original trilogy exist. So you get a bunch of minute and a half tracks, or two minutes tracks. 

So I can only surmise that Newman is the only person to have the full and unabridged versions of the tunes. I would love to hear his complete and unedited versions. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

It should pass the house, with the democratic majority, but I don't have much hope for getting it through the senate.

If it doesnt pass the senate, it will be out of spite.  This is something GOP senators working on re-election can brag about that will help them more then hurt them.  I look at the recent crime bill as an example that both sides can still find common ground on things that impact both sides and both sides can take home and brag about.  It's rare, but still happening.

• Like 3

How legal weed turned Thanksgiving into a high holiday

When Lizzie Post’s family gathers for Thanksgiving at her parents’ house in rural Vermont, she brings the stuffing, green beans — and the weed.

Post, who lives in a state where it’s legal to possess and use marijuana, likes to welcome out-of-state relatives with a sampler of her own crop, the way your uncle from Colorado might bring a six-pack of craft beer or your cousin from Sonoma County, Calif., might arrive with her favorite pinot noir. Post’s parents’ house is marijuana-free, and not everyone in the family partakes, so she and a relative usually go for an after-dinner walk-and-puff in the nearby field, returning for dessert with renewed appetites.

Now that recreational marijuana is legal in 11 states and the District — and 33 states allow it for medical purposes — Thanksgiving has become stoners’ highest holiday. There’s a big meal, hours to fill and family tensions to defuse. Weed to the rescue!

Legal pot has joined alcohol and family gossip in the realm of onetime taboos that, in many places, parents and their grown children can now comfortably enjoy together, and the Thanksgiving to New Year’s holiday season allows ample opportunity for intergenerational indulgence.

And why not? The current generations of young adults and their parents share a relatively relaxed attitude toward marijuana: Significant majorities of millennials, Gen-Xers and baby boomers think it should be legal, according to recent data from the Pew Research Center. (Maybe don’t tell the great-aunts and uncles, though — the Silent Generation remains skeptical of legalization.)

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

I was totally beat up yesterday from work, got home and was lazy as hell.  I don't have much weed left, about a half of a pipe bowl.  Decided to split that in half n take one big hit.  Immediately picked up my dumbbells and did a 20-minute full body workout.  Bless the green.  An extra Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow smokers. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Is a bubbler a bong?

No, a bubbler is a pipe that has a water filtration system similar to a bong. Same idea, there is a "female" glass stem that goes down into the water, which filtrates the smoke. You can google it and can see. I prefer it to bongs, because you can have a more mellow hit while also getting more flavor from the bud. It is basically a small version of a bong with a different mouthpiece. Good for people who don't smoke a lot, like myself (although I used to smoke a lot 10-14 years ago).

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

No, a bubbler is a pipe that has a water filtration system similar to a bong. Same idea, there is a "female" glass stem that goes down into the water, which filtrates the smoke. You can google it and can see. I prefer it to bongs, because you can have a more mellow hit while also getting more flavor from the bud. It is basically a small version of a bong with a different mouthpiece. Good for people who don't smoke a lot, like myself (although I used to smoke a lot 10-14 years ago).

Cool, thanks.

Reading a bit more about both it seems to me (who has never used a bubbler) that it's just a compact version of a bong. A bong, to me, is the best mode of delivery for flower as you can fill it with any type of liquid (including icy cold water or bourbon or...) We used to smoke blonde hash in bongs with ice water....heaven 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recreational marijuana rollout in Michigan could be national model for how not to do it, industry insider says

Michigan’s rollout of legal adult-use recreational marijuana this month was “not well thought out” and will likely further exacerbate an ongoing shortage in legal marijuana product, the executive director of a group representing nearly 200 licensed medical marijuana businesses said Friday.

During an interview on WKAR’s Off the Record Friday morning, Michigan Cannabis Industry Association Executive Director Robin Schneider said the Marijuana Regulatory Agency’s decision to move up retail recreational market sales from spring 2020 to Dec. 1 was an unwelcome surprise for many in the industry.

“Unfortunately, I think Michigan is going to become the national model of how not to roll out an adult-use program,” she said on the show.

The state licensing agency had previously planned to require product destined for the recreational market be grown from scratch, meaning it would take at least one grow cycle -- until March or April -- before harvested marijuana could be sold at retail locations.

That changed when the Marijuana Regulatory Agency issued a rule making it possible for businesses that already have marijuana product grown or acquired under its medical licence to transfer it to the recreational side beginning Dec. 1.

Schneider said due to initial roadblocks in approving growing licenses and ongoing bottlenecks in the testing process, the state is 10 times behind where it needs to be for production to fulfill the needs of the market. That could become an even bigger problem soon, especially for medical marijuana patients, she said.

“We have such a shortage of product right now - our state is already at risk of running out of cannabis completely due to the early rec sales," she said, later adding: “We might be sending patients back to the illicit market before this is over.”

Click on the link for the full article