Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

If some is driving in a way that would be hard to argue they arent impaired and they fail that test, it's hard for me to stand in the way if that. 

What I dont want to see is no proof of impairment, failing that tests and getting hauled away for a DUI or DWI.  Should you not smoke then drive? Sure, but this sounds like the equivalent of not being able to tell if someone had one beer or 12 and hauling them off regardless.

Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

He loved weed. Then the vomiting began. Months later, he died

The doctors told Regina Denney and her son Brian Smith Jr. what was causing his severe vomiting and abdominal pain.

Neither the teenager nor his mother believed what they said: smoking weed.

Smoking marijuana, the two knew, was recommended to cancer patients to spur the appetite. How could it lead to Brian's condition? 

As the months went by and the pounds slipped off Brian’s once healthy frame, it was clear that whatever was causing his stomach troubles had just the opposite effect.

Brian kept smoking. The symptoms continued on and off.

Last October, after another severe bout of vomiting, the teenager died. He was 17 years old.  

Five months later, as Denney pored over a coroner’s report for answers, she finally accepted that marijuana played a pivotal role in her son’s death. The autopsy report, which Denney received in March, attributed her son's death to dehydration due to cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome.

"We had never heard about this, had never heard about marijuana causing any vomiting. He and I were like, 'Yeah, I think it’s something else,' ” Denney said. “Brian did not believe that was what it was because of everything we had ever been told about marijuana. … It didn’t make any sense.”

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, also known as CHS, can arise in response to long-term cannabis use. The syndrome consists of vomiting, nausea and abdominal pain, which can often be alleviated by taking hot showers. 

Doctors say CHS is on the rise, but they are not certain why. Marijuana is more available than in years past, and it is more potent.

Rarely does CHS result in death.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China

On 5/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, China said:

Not weed, but...

'It makes me enjoy playing with the kids': is microdosing mushrooms going mainstream?

In related news...

The hottest new psychedelic drug among trendy New Yorkers is illegal toad venom

Sitting cross-legged on a blanket in his Soho apartment, Barrett Pall inhaled toad-venom smoke through a glass stem pipe.

Thirty seconds later, he was crying.

“I was crying really hard, yelling ‘I’m so sorry’ over and over,” Pall recalled to The Post of his first time experimenting with the illegal psychedelic drug last year. (He’s since tried it twice more.)

“I saw my younger self with my parents and ex-boyfriends in places [where] I’d been hurt.”

The ­social-media influencer and life coach said the experience concluded after 45 minutes of “shooting through the universe” and “being reborn.”

Despite the trip’s short duration, the effects of toad venom — which is extracted from Colorado River toads, also known as Sonoran Desert toads — come on strongly and immediately. It leaves users immobile and unaware, and can cause extreme emotional reactions, euphoria and vomiting, according to drug researchers and users.

It’s also the hot mind-altering drug du jour among well-off New Yorkers, following the trendy trips of ayahuasca, mushrooms and mescaline.

The toxic liquid is extracted by “milking” the toad’s poisonous venom glands, then drying it to a paste.

Users, such as Pall, score the extremely rare resin by hiring foreign shamans, often from Mexico, who travel throughout the US distributing it at ceremonies that cost $200 to $500 a head.

Recently, 21 people in white robes gathered at a mansion in the Hamptons to smoke the substance with the same shaman that Pall used.

While someone beat a drum in the background, the leader read a prayer about love and held the pipe up to each guest’s lips.

“Some people moaned, cried or convulsed on their backs,” said one attendee who asked to remain anonymous, citing legal reasons. “Others . . . started dancing, singing or chanting.”

Once the venom — also called bufo alvarius — wears off, users experience an afterglow that can trigger them to make major life changes.

“I immediately broke up with my long-term boyfriend,” said Pall, who also booked a trip around the world and decided to reconnect with his estranged father. “I was just so sure that everything I was deciding was right.”

But toad venom is not without its dangers. Some shamans operate “more like drug dealers” than spiritual healers and don’t properly look after participants, said Davis.

“If people get dosed too high, they can ‘white out’ and disassociate from their mind and body,” he added. “Anxiety can persist for days, and we’ve heard of people going to the emergency room.”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Chew said:

Abstained for about 45 days to make sure my new job doesn't drug test.  They don't. 

Edibles are kicking in.  Woooooah Nellie. 

I abstained before I got my job. Jogged, ate healthy, drank a bunch of water.  No test.  Smoked me a blunt in celebration.

Wax carts for the win.  Addicted.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Santa Cruz could decriminalize magic mushrooms

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. — Santa Cruz could join a growing number of cities that are decriminalizing magic mushrooms.

Santa Cruz city leaders have introduced a resolution that supports advancing the conversation about alternative treatment with so-called magic mushrooms.

"It's going to be the lowest priority for police officers, who possess their plants and fungi for adults' personal use," said Santa Cruz city Vice Mayor Justin Cummings.

Other cities, such as Oakland, have passed resolutions decriminalizing psychedelic mushrooms and psychoactive plants.

• Like 2

My brother in law has a guy that makes his own products.  Sells pre-rolls for $1 a piece and is using actual quality home grown flower, not scratch.  He also makes his own edibles. He sells stuff for extremely cheap.  Bought a bag of edible gummies for my wife 20mg each, probably at least 20 gummies in the bag.....$5.    I think I found my new "dispensary" 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Marijuana breathalyzer technology is here, and it’s coming for drivers

Marijuana users have a new reason to think twice before getting behind the wheel.

Marijuana technology is ready to hit the market as more states legalize medical and recreational use. And, when the technology debuts, it will make it easier for police to put the brakes on impaired drivers.

Researchers at the University of Pittsburgh admit a blood test is still considered the 'gold standard' for testing for marijuana. Other drug testing methods rely on urine or hair. But, the researchers hope their new technology will now help police identify impaired drivers in the field through the breath. And, in the future, with further development, they believe the technology could possibly help states research and set limits for impairment.

Pennsylvania's DUI law states that any amount of marijuana in someone's system is considered a DUI because marijuana is still a Schedule I drug on the federal level.

The law reads: "Controlled substances--An individual may not drive, operate or be in actual physical control of the movement of a vehicle under any of the following circumstances: (1) There is in the individual's blood any amount of a:  (i) Schedule I controlled substance, as defined in the act of April 14, 1972 (P.L.233, No.64), known as The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act"

But, the law points out, for purposes of prosecution and blood testing to determine the amount of a Schedule I drug, it relies on the Department of Health: "For purposes of blood testing to determine the amount of a Schedule I or nonprescribed Schedule II or III controlled substance or a metabolite of such a substance, the Department of Health shall prescribe minimum levels of these substances which must be present in a person's blood in order for the test results to be admissible in a prosecution for a violation of section 1543(b)(1.1), 3802(d)(1), (2) or (3) or 3808(a)(2)."

Watched The Princess Bride stoned for the first time...holy ****, it's deep.  Probably legit seen this movie 50 times and it's never hit like this before.  Dayum. 

And the music when Iningo first meets Wesley and tells him about his dead dad...sent chills down my spine.    ****ing masterpiece of a soundtrack.  

The weed unlocks this level of absorption, man.  Praise be the tree.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Chew said:

Watched The Princess Bride stoned for the first time...holy ****, it's deep.  Probably legit seen this movie 50 times and it's never hit like this before.  Dayum. 

And the music when Iningo first meets Wesley and tells him about his dead dad...sent chills down my spine.    ****ing masterpiece of a soundtrack.  

The weed unlocks this level of absorption, man.  Praise be the tree.

Brother Chew,

Take some extra bong rips before he fights the six-fingered man.  Them stabs to the shoulders where he doesn't even flinch.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Chew said:

****ing masterpiece of a soundtrack.

The weed unlocks this level of absorption, man.  

I love unlocking the mysteries.

Another masterpiece of a soundtrack, imo, is Thomas Newman's work on the Man with One Red Shoe. The music is beyond classic, at least for me. I hear the origins of Ital Tek in his tunes, even Com Truise. I hear electronic cinematic orchestra there too. Newman's sound was the kind of music and complexity that Stewart Copeland wanted to make but never could for films during the 80's.

I find the movie kitschy. Lots of folks don't like it. But it reminds me of summer in DC so it's an every so often in a blue moon watch of a love letter to the past. 

But the music, if you're interested: https://youtu.be/DOZguYgB4LE

Edited by Monk4thaHALL
  • Like 2