Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it Possible? Terrelle Pryor as #3QB and we keep another player on the 53? M.E.T.

Much like Brian Mitchell, can Pryer give us another player on the 53 by being the 3rd QB? Maybe be able to keep another WR? We would have to cut McCoy *I* know...

Secondly, is Pryer fixable as a viable QB? Kinda of a RG3 re-boot but have Gruden coach him up?  Most of his problems were similar to RG3, 1st read/run. But given time as a WR and knowing the routes, can he be a "project". He's faster than RG3 is now since he didn't get injured...

I am curious if this might be an option if Cousins doesn't sign a LTD. Pryer MAY be more conducive to coaching (sans EGO)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2037649-what-went-wrong-for-terrelle-pryor-in-oakland

This IS FAR REACHING *I* know..and may be in fact a stupid idea...what do you think???

This was a briefly dismissed half page conversation in one of the threads already.

The QB3 will be throwing to the PS and all the back ups every day in practice, so no.

The QB3 doesnt dress on game day, so thats a no.

Trent Williams can play TE. Should we not have another TE3 on the roster, so we can squeeze a random PS player in at a position that possible starters are competing at? No.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

This was a briefly dismissed half page conversation in one of the threads already.

The QB3 will be throwing to the PS and all the back ups every day in practice, so no.

The QB3 doesnt dress on game day, so thats a no.

Trent Williams can play TE. Should we not have another TE3 on the roster, so we can squeeze a random PS player in at a position that possible starters are competing at? No.

Not arguing with you..just looking at options so that *might* make sense;

Some teams only carry 2qb's so there should be a way to get PS work in

Mitchell was dressed and came in the body bag game as a QB so I would assume Pryer could dress as a WR and fillin at QB if needed as a 3rd QB

From what I read Nate is competent and *could* be a viable. IF Cousins is hurt long term..that screws up the 2018 plan if he is not signed to a LTD and Nate would get a good look. We won't get into the playoffs with McCoy IMO

As for starting a thread...all the Cousins threads were closed..it's not a WR question..and I had a question...

So, I'll just go back to not posting..no big deal. Enjoy

Ya'll are ruthless for the sake of being ruthless, completely unnecessary.

I don't know about QB3, but if our top two go down in a game, like another body bag game, Pryor is who I want under center.  I wouldn't give up Nate to do that though.

If there was a second game like that, Im sure Pryor would be the one to fill in , but listing your WR1 as a QB3, just makes no sense. What player would ultimately be more important if both Colt and Cousins missed several games, than Suds?

You know whats a waste of a spot on the 53? ****ing long snapper. You mean you can find someone who can play LB, TE or Oline, that can long snap a football? ****ing ridiculous. Im also shocked that not one person in the world can both punt and kick. XP, FG (same ****), KO and Punt. 3 whole ways to kick a football over and over? I dont get it.

1 hour ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Is Sudfeld eligible for the practice squad?

yes

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

If there was a second game like that, Im sure Pryor would be the one to fill in , but listing your WR1 as a QB3, just makes no sense. What player would ultimately be more important if both Colt and Cousins missed several games, than Suds?

You know whats a waste of a spot on the 53? ****ing long snapper. You mean you can find someone who can play LB, TE or Oline, that can long snap a football? ****ing ridiculous. Im also shocked that not one person in the world can both punt and kick. XP, FG (same ****), KO and Punt. 3 whole ways to kick a football over and over? I dont get it.

plenty of people can punt and kick.  But carrying only one  means you're screwed if that guy gets hurt.  I do know if I was a GM I'd try to get two guys who could do both.  I'm also surprised there's no Danny Whites or Tom Tupas these days.  As for long snappers, it seems like they're a bit slimmer than your standard OL these days.  I guess it's so if the defender across from him slams him into the ground while his head is down there's a smaller gap in the line.  And we've seen a few teams have embarssments when their LS goes down during a game.  Though they could solve that by trying to get a few guys who could snap and give them all a little practice time

Although Pryor could play QB, he would only do so on an emergency basis. Pryor's presence doesn't really factor in at all as to the final 53. The team will keep 2 or 3 QBs. If cuts anyone, it would be Sudfeld. The only other possibility would be due to injury.  But if the team keeps 2, there will be a practice squad QB. So Pryor wouldn't get reps there.  No matter who is kept, Pryor only plays QB is everyone else active is hurt.

You could use Pryor for some gadget plays though

34 minutes ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Jordan Reed is our emergency quarterback, FYI.

This is true.  LOVE the thought though.....what if JR (perish the thought) is injured?  Just when we are in the doldrums before fun-time, you HAVE to post this.  Thanks Hanburger. Thanks Mayor.  Just what I need to think about at nights now. :) HTTR

43 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

This is true.  LOVE the thought though.....what if JR (perish the thought) is injured?  Just when we are in the doldrums before fun-time, you HAVE to post this.  Thanks Hanburger. Thanks Mayor.  Just what I need to think about at nights now. :) HTTR

Then Jamison Crowder is the emergency quarterback.

We can't set Pryor aka Pryer back from progressing as a WR, and make him the #3.

Pryor is also in a one year "prove it" deal, no way he is even interested in being QB.

Bad idea.  Cutting loose mccoy, who is a decent backup on an affordable contract, and could re up for a similar contract when this one expires, or cutting loose sudfeld, who is an intriguing prospect, for a converted wr who is playing on a 1 yr contract is a bad idea.  I can see a situation where pryor walks next year and we wish we had mccoy or sudfeld back.  An Ltd with cousins might make this option more attractive, but at this point in time I wouldn't consider it.  

How confident would you be with sudfeld being the opening day starter in the next year or two? 

I'm fine with that. Honestly there is no point in having a 3rd QB. If your top 2 QBs get hurt your season is over anyway. I'd rather use that roster spot for someone who can at least maybe step in to play special teams or backup a line spot or something.

On 6/6/2017 at 8:46 PM, BraveWarrior said:

If Pryor had anything to offer as a QB, he'd be doing that instead of playing WR. That said, if he needed to step in as an emergency QB at some point, he'd at least have some idea of what he is doing under center.

I think thays the point of the thread.  The OP isnt asking if he should be our long term answer.  Just if we need to carry a #3 when this could could fill in.  After all, once you get to your #3 you probably arent expecting to win much.

Archived