Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Meanwhile, the saner side of the GOP:

Mitt Romney to Republicans: Stop perpetuating ‘big lie’ that Biden stole election from Trump

Former President Donald Trump will never admit that he lost a fair election, but every elected Republican ought to be telling voters that as a step toward bringing the country together, Sen. Mitt Romney said Tuesday.

In addition to social media perpetuating the “big lie” that Trump is somehow still president and President Joe Biden stole the election, GOP officials, too, are contributing to that notion, the Utah Republican said.

“You have many of the Trump supporters in elected office, senators, congresspeople, governors, continuing to say the same thing, that the election was stolen,” Romney said.

But, he said, what they should tell people is that the Trump campaign “had a chance to take their message to the courts, the courts laughed them out of court. I’ve seen no evidence that suggests that there was widespread voter fraud.”

Romney said elected Republicans need to go on Fox News and say, “You know what, I was a big Trump supporter, I was really pulling for Donald Trump, but he lost fair and square.”

Click on the link for the full story

Can anyone think of actual legislation that republicans have gotten behind and pushed over the last 15 years? 

like I know what they say, lower taxes, free trade etc but what actual policies...bills do they write and push? You really have to think about it right 

Dems policies and bills are well known by everyone. Actual legislation. Voting rights. Medicare for all or a public option for ACA. $15 min wage. Infrastructure. Marijuana legalization. LGBTQ rights. Green energy. 

GOP just doesn’t have any interest in pushing policies. The only thing I can think of is always pushing for tax cuts. They tried a half hearted attempt at a healthcare bill and it was one of the most unpopular pieces of legislation in decades. I mean I know that’s case, they exist solely to stop Dems from doing anything, give tax cuts to the wealthy, and stop government from functioning, it’s just wild to actually spend time thinking about how inept and absent they are at doing their actual jobs. All they repeatedly do is get on right wing propaganda outlets to bash democrats. They’re all aspiring media personalities not lawmakers 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

0.  Why would the gop members voter to expel her; when she is the perfection representation of what a Republican is now, What a conservative is now. 

And by occupying the fringe, she

1). Allows "well. I'm not as loony as her". 
2). Moves the bar for how much you can get away with further right. 
3). And keeps loons nationwide voting R. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Here's a guy that articulates my view on the subject much better than I could, and explains why expelling them is 100% ass backwards

https://www.patreon.com/posts/marjorie-and-are-46767972

I could buy into this if we didn't just have trump. Everyone thought that he would be the death of the republican party, but he still drew in 77 million voters after destroying the country during his term.

These nutty racists seem to attract voters and I don't know if anything can stop it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I could buy into this if we didn't just have trump. Everyone thought that he would be the death of the republican party, but he still drew in 77 million voters after destroying the country during his term.

These nutty racists seem to attract voters and I don't know if anything can stop it.

I hear your angst, believe me, I have that too, but it took time to build this evil ****, it will take time to tear it down.

The Civil War began long before 1861, the Great Depression wasn't the beginning of misery for millions, we watched Hitler rise for a decade before we jumped in, there is a tipping point necessary to crack and crumble their edifices. We're getting closer but we're not there yet.

Breath, it's gonna be a long fight and it WILL get worse. Gotta keep your eyes on the prize.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, China said:

But she will get a stern talking to.  :rolleyes:

Kevin McCarthy is Going to Talk to Marjorie Taylor Greene About Her ‘Deeply Disturbing’ Posts About Executing House Dems

Perhaps something along the lines of...

I'm thinking more like "Use a pseudonym. Pretend to be a leftist. Tell them you're Biden's niece."

They don't want her to stop.  They are all in. The vote to stop a proceeding that would effectively remove the problem of Donald Trump from their own party is all you need to know. They have an out from it, and they not only don't want it, but they will bite the hand that extends the opportunity.

It isn't that they failed to learn from the events of the past year, past month.
At this point it has to be understood that they 100% agree with them and encourage them to continue.

100%.

The GOP is now 100% a fascist organization. About time people start to figure it out. They love her because she will say things they can then use themselves without having to say it themselves. Their mob doesn't care which mouth it comes from, sop long as it's said, and eventually, acted upon.
That neighbor of yours with the Trump flag is your enemy, like it or not. At least, that is how he sees you. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Can anyone think of actual legislation that republicans have gotten behind and pushed over the last 15 years? 

Hence why they keep getting crazier with their rhetoric and hyperbole because their actual policy isn't and hasn't been popular.  All they ever look to do is cut taxes on the wealthy, de-regulate and have buddied up to the religious right in order to bolster the ranks so in return they have to pretend to care about all these culture war issues.

When you don't have good policy to advocate for, you turn to the nonsense.

• Like 1