Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

A lot of people are convinced this will all just go away somehow, mainly because they have convinced themselves of that because they do not want to face the harsh reality of what is happening now. Personally, wishing on a star like some Disney cartoon doesn't strike me as a good plan.

Forty years of Republican policies have reduced America to a tottering wreck, ready to collapse into war. Russian money has been bled in for decades with just this end in mind. The Repubs don't give one small **** as long as the checks clear. We have rotted from within because of the greedocracy.

Enjoy this year and maybe the next, carpe the livin **** outta the diem, those dark clouds haven't dispersed one iota.

• Like 1

"God"..   don't you know that is the party of God?
They love that ****. They're as fanatical as any of the theocracies that control other nations with iron fists.

Idea:
Stop pretending a myth can help any of us. 

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Any sane conservative will leave that party and become an independent. Also, they need a new party for themselves. GOP is nothing but far right wing nut jobs, racist, and white supremacist.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DCranon21 said:

Any sane conservative will leave that party and become an independent. Also, they need a new party for themselves. GOP is nothing but far right wing nut jobs, racist, and white supremacist.

I don't think they will leave the party because they are stubborn. They expect Trump to start his own party but that won't happen. Neither will blink and they will all fall inline for midterms and the next presidential election.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I don't know, I don't really see this as a bad thing. The GOP will soon find out that you can't have it both ways: you can't run one of the most unsuccessful candidates who lost the White House, House of Representatives and the Senate in fours years (one of a few POTUS to do so) and expect to win with him again. You can't tell older people, who you've told to vote by mail for decades, that they suddenly can't and expect to win. You can't tell your base to go out and vote, but also tell them that its rigged and that their vote doesn't matter. In fact, I hope they double down on that the elections are rigged and they lose again. You can't expect everyone to fall for your stupid **** all of the time and still win elections. 

I don't see the GOP winning without independents and maybe some moderates, if they want either, they're going to have to swing to the left.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

I don't think they will leave the party because they are stubborn. They expect Trump to start his own party but that won't happen. Neither will blink and they will all fall inline for midterms and the next presidential election.

Because it's better than the "radical leftist agenda" that the Dems want to implement in their efforts to destroy America.  Such worthy imaginations wasted on such unpleasant fantasies.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Llevron said:

She sat in silence for like 5 years though didn’t she? I don’t remember he speaking out against Trump at all until after he lost the election.....

I understand this sentiment, but I think there's a difference between politics and what Trump did at the end of his presidency.  I'm not a big Cheney fan, or really any of the GOP, but I do think it takes some level of integrity and guts to stand on an island against him and all his bootlickers with their stolen election nonsense that led to Jan. 6th.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Is anyone else just waiting for Kevin McCarthy to remove a mask revealing he was Bruce Allen all along?  'Cause that republican culture is damn good.

• Haha 7
Just now, Jabbyrwock said:

Is anyone else just waiting for Kevin McCarthy to remove a mask revealing he was Bruce Allen all along?  'Cause that republican culture is damn good.

🤣  I never put this together, but I'll be damned if there aren't some similarities there.

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

****ing cowards!!  A voice vote?? So they can hide how they voted. What a bunch of garbage. These snakes will sink to any low to get what they want, no matter how bad it is for th American people. And there are too many who just ride right along with them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

****ing cowards!!  A voice vote?? So they can hide how they voted. What a bunch of garbage.

Hey now!...thats the party of personal accountability you're talkin' about there bub. 😉

• Haha 6
13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

****ing cowards!!  A voice vote?? So they can hide how they voted. What a bunch of garbage. These snakes will sink to any low to get what they want, no matter how bad it is for th American people. And there are too many who just ride right along with them. 

Took the words right out of my mouth. Like I said, the sane conservatives in that party need to form their own party and/or become independents.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I understand this sentiment, but I think there's a difference between politics and what Trump did at the end of his presidency.  I'm not a big Cheney fan, or really any of the GOP, but I do think it takes some level of integrity and guts to stand on an island against him and all his bootlickers with their stolen election nonsense that led to Jan. 6th.  

I feel where you are coming from. I am personally not past blaming them for letting this happen to begin with. She voted with him and the Republican agenda a lot. Over 90% of the time. Shes one of them. The island shes standing on is a horribly low bar for me so she gets no credit for it. And im not going to just forget the fact that she only turned on him after he lost power. This is the same woman who disowned her sister for coming out of the closet, enthusiastically defends torture and insisted on Fox news regularly that Obama was sympathetic to Jihadists. Shes not some pillar of truth and integrity. And I know you are not saying that. But i think shes getting to much credit for taking a knee at the end of the game when everyone knew it was over. She is exactly whats wrong with the Republican party and how we got here. She just got the most obvious and legally perilous one correct. 

• Like 5
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel where you are coming from. I am personally not past blaming them for letting this happen to begin with. She voted with him and the Republican agenda a lot. Over 90% of the time. Shes one of them. The island shes standing on is a horribly low bar for me so she gets no credit for it. And im not going to just forget the fact that she only turned on him after he lost power. This is the same woman who disowned her sister for coming out of the closet, enthusiastically defends torture and insisted on Fox news regularly that Obama was sympathetic to Jihadists. Shes not some pillar of truth and integrity. And I know you are not saying that. But i think shes getting to much credit for taking a knee at the end of the game when everyone knew it was over. She is exactly whats wrong with the Republican party and how we got here. She just got the most obvious and legally perilous one correct. 

I get it.  I don't like her or her politics at all.

My primary point is that it would be really easy to tow the party line and claim the election is rigged, continue to stay in power, and play along like most everyone else in the GOP.  I don't think she deserves a statue or anything, but what she's doing isn't easy, even though its after he lost.  

On a side note, someone with less stature that I do like is Adam Kinzinger.  Not necessarily all his politics, but his integrity which is sorely lacking in his party. He was critical of Trump before the election and hasn’t backed down since.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

Any sane conservative will leave that party and become an independent.

Define "sane conservative".  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

A lot of folks who are refusing to give Cheney any props today are the same folks who will look you right in the eyes and tell you that the DNC cheated Bernie in 2016...and again in 2020.

So, there’s that...

51 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I don't know, I don't really see this as a bad thing. The GOP will soon find out that you can't have it both ways: you can't run one of the most unsuccessful candidates who lost the White House, House of Representatives and the Senate in fours years (one of a few POTUS to do so) and expect to win with him again. You can't tell older people, who you've told to vote by mail for decades, that they suddenly can't and expect to win. You can't tell your base to go out and vote, but also tell them that its rigged and that their vote doesn't matter. In fact, I hope they double down on that the elections are rigged and they lose again. You can't expect everyone to fall for your stupid **** all of the time and still win elections. 

I don't see the GOP winning without independents and maybe some moderates, if they want either, they're going to have to swing to the left.

I think we're beyond this. The GOP isn't going to find out anything other than what they already know, which is to cheat, lie and steal, and if all else fails turn to violence.

They won't court any moderate votes, they won't offer any lip service that does not match the fascist agenda. Any candidate that does attempt to do so will be Cheney'd. Any candidate running on the right that doesn't go full on trump will see their own party run a horse or a blade of grass against them, and the idiots will laugh while they vote for the horse or the blade of grass.... that is if they don't just start assassinating opposition.
To them the 'election process" is something that needs to be destroyed, and THAT is their key to victory. Democracy is a democratic plot that can't be trusted, and is inherently evil, perverted and compromised.
Burn it all down and rule over ashes and bones.
And they will do so happily.

~Bang

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
25 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get it.  I don't like her or her politics at all.

My primary point is that it would be really easy to tow the party line and claim the election is rigged, continue to stay in power, and play along like most everyone else in the GOP.  I don't think she deserves a statue or anything, but what she's doing isn't easy, even though its after he lost.  

On a side note, someone with less stature that I do like is Adam Kinzinger.  Not necessarily all his politics, but his integrity which is sorely lacking in his party. He was critical of Trump before the election and hasn’t backed down since.

I can deal with Kinzinger. He does have a level of integrity that I have come to appreciate though I still am critical of how he supported Trump when it was obvious who he was. But he at least came to terms with it in what seems like a more honest way to me. He had much more to lose in his position imo.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

And they take great pride in those facts

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I can deal with Kinzinger. He does have a level of integrity that I have come to appreciate though I still am critical of how he supported Trump when it was obvious who he was. But he at least came to terms with it in what seems like a more honest way to me. He had much more to lose in his position imo.

I understand what you are saying, but I also agree with @BatteredFanSyndrome  No one is saying that all of sudden Liz CHeney is a beaming example of integrity. For myself, I only acknowledge that while it took entirely too long, she now realizes what a POS trump is and unlike many others is staying vocal about it. Nothing more, nothing less.