Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

^^^^So many delusional people that have been brainwashed by Trumps lies and FOX.  Even when there is no evidence that they have seen they still are in denial.  Sickening and disheartening.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Trump Spawned a New Group of Mega-Donors Who Now Hold Sway Over the GOP’s Future

Wesley Barnett was just as surprised as anyone to learn from news reports that the Jan. 6 Trump rally that turned into a violent assault on the U.S. Capitol was funded by Julia Jenkins Fancelli, an heiress to the fortune of the popular Publix supermarket chain. But Barnett had extra cause for being startled: Fancelli is his aunt.

Barnett said he was at a loss to explain how his aunt — who isn’t on social media, lives part time in Italy and keeps a low profile in their central Florida town — got mixed up with the likes of Alex Jones and Ali Alexander, the right-wing provocateurs who were VIPs at the Jan. 6 rally in front of the White House.

Over the last five years, it has become clear that former President Donald Trump has activated a new set of mega-donors who were not previously big spenders in national politics. Some of the donors appear to share the more extreme views of many Trump supporters, based on social media posts promoting falsehoods about election fraud or masks and vaccines. Whether they will deepen their involvement or step back, and whether their giving will extend to candidates beyond Trump, will have an outsized role in steering the future of the Republican Party and even American democracy.

ProPublica identified 29 people and couples who increased their political contributions at least tenfold since 2015, based on an analysis of Federal Election Commission records compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics. The donors in the table below gave at least $1 million to Trump and the GOP after previously having spent less than $1 million total. Most of the donations went to super PACs supporting Trump or to the Trump Victory joint fundraising vehicle that spread the money among his campaign and party committees.

Click on the link for the full article

How Trump is hunting down the GOP’s leading families

In the civil war between Donald Trump and the GOP’s waning establishment, no Republican has crossed the former president and come out ahead.

Yet as Rep. Liz Cheney’s likely ouster from House leadership lays bare, Trump has reserved a special fury for the scions of the GOP’s leading families in his attempt to exercise full dominion over the Republican Party.

Whether it’s the Cheneys, the Bushes or the lesser bloodlines — such as the Romneys or the Murkowskis — Trump has been relentless in his efforts to force them to bend the knee. Even Cindy McCain, the widow of the late Sen. John McCain — who herself has never run for office — has been knocked down, censured by Trump allies who run the state Republican Party in Arizona.

It’s the clearest sign that the modern Republican Party hasn’t just broken with its traditionalist past. It’s shredding every vestige of it.

“It’s a tragedy,” said Arne Carlson, a former two-term Republican governor of Minnesota. “The problem with the revolution is they continue to get more and more extreme. Whereas Liz Cheney was on the right, she now finds herself being pushed into the middle and, ultimately, off the cliff.”

Posted (edited)

The whole "Trump vs. The GOP" while legitimate in a sense, is also a smokescreen that I reaaaally help does not fool people into thinking the rest of the GOP is much different when it comes to policy.  Their only modern day crime is not absolute loyalty to Trump and every word he says, but lets be practical, he won't be around much longer as a viable candidate.  Then what?  The GOP will go back to what they already were for the past 30 years, and that wasn't pretty either.

The whole Liz Cheney vs. Stefanik example is a good one to use.  Cheney is way more conservative in her voting record than Stefanik, the only thing that is swaying the arrow in the other direction is Stefanik's undying loyalty to Trump himself.  That is showing you were the priorities of the GOP are.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
13 hours ago, China said:

How Trump is hunting down the GOP’s leading families

In the civil war between Donald Trump and the GOP’s waning establishment, no Republican has crossed the former president and come out ahead.

Yet as Rep. Liz Cheney’s likely ouster from House leadership lays bare, Trump has reserved a special fury for the scions of the GOP’s leading families in his attempt to exercise full dominion over the Republican Party.

Whether it’s the Cheneys, the Bushes or the lesser bloodlines — such as the Romneys or the Murkowskis — Trump has been relentless in his efforts to force them to bend the knee. Even Cindy McCain, the widow of the late Sen. John McCain — who herself has never run for office — has been knocked down, censured by Trump allies who run the state Republican Party in Arizona.

It’s the clearest sign that the modern Republican Party hasn’t just broken with its traditionalist past. It’s shredding every vestige of it.

“It’s a tragedy,” said Arne Carlson, a former two-term Republican governor of Minnesota. “The problem with the revolution is they continue to get more and more extreme. Whereas Liz Cheney was on the right, she now finds herself being pushed into the middle and, ultimately, off the cliff.”

These lesser-than politicians messing with the Cheneys are going to **** around and find out.  Do they not know who her dad is?  I definitely would not get on an airplane with these folks.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The whole "Trump vs. The GOP" while legitimate in a sense, is also a smokescreen that I reaaaally help does not fool people into thinking the rest of the GOP is much different when it comes to policy.  Their only modern day crime is not absolute loyalty to Trump and every word he says, but lets be practical, he won't be around much longer as a viable candidate.  Then what?  The GOP will go back to what they already were for the past 30 years, and that wasn't pretty either.

Seriously. Trump's biggest sin was that he said out loud the things that Republicans had, for decades, implied. It actually irritates the F out of me that W is currently on a concerted campaign to cleanse his disastrous legacy.  He entered office with a country completely at peace for the first time in 60 years and a balanced budget, and left with monstrous deficits, two wars and a completely collapsed economy. We're still fixing his messes.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, balki1867 said:

Seriously. Trump's biggest sin was that he said out loud the things that Republicans had, for decades, implied. It actually irritates the F out of me that W is currently on a concerted campaign to cleanse his disastrous legacy.  He entered office with a country completely at peace for the first time in 60 years and a balanced budget, and left with monstrous deficits, two wars and a completely collapsed economy. We're still fixing his messes.

Thats how every GOP presidency works out: Dem makes things great, GOP ruins it, Dem comes back in and fixes it, repeat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Thats how every GOP presidency works out: Dem makes things great, GOP ruins it, Dem comes back in and fixes it, repeat.

Agree with one extra step-- all the while criticize the Democrat for not fixing the problem fast enough.

• Like 2

'America First isn't going away': Gaetz and Greene strike defiant tone at tour kickoff

“I’m a marked man in Congress. I’m a canceled man in some corners of the Internet. I might be a wanted man by the deep state. But I am a Florida man, and it is good to be home,” Gaetz proclaimed. “Today, we send a strong message to the weak establishment in both parties: America First isn’t going away. We’re going on tour.”

They really want to stick with "America First'?  They don't even try to hide their racism..

ExsISh2WgAMW9VY.jpg

• Sad 2
1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

What exactly are they touring......for?  It's not an election year, don't they have work to be doing in their respective districts or in DC? 

I think we're all better off if those 2 aren't involved in any legislating.

• Like 5
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What exactly are they touring......for?  It's not an election year, don't they have work to be doing in their respective districts or in DC? 

Gaetz is touring to try and distract from the fact that he's likely to be indicted on charges of sex trafficking and banging underage girls. 

MTG basically just jumps on whatever insane conspiracy/MAGA rodeo will get her the most publicity at the time. And it also means she doesn't have to worry about actually doing her job (which she doesn't really even do anyway).

Oh, and they'll both probably be asking for lots and lots of money from their mouth breathing followers.

So all in all......standard MAGA activities.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

Love the family holidays. Get to watch fox news with the parents. Today’s topic? Replacing Mother’s Day with happy birthing peoples day. 

which I didn’t even know it was a ring until the right wing people made it a point to make it a thing 

• Sad 1

Odds Fox runs a "D" next to Gaetz's name when he gets arrested:

0%

because as of now, i have no faith anything will happen to him at all. 
It's been about 2 months since the evidence started coming out, his partner has been cooperating for at least 3 weeks right?
He's still in congress, still goose-stepping around the country on his Nazi bull**** tour.

Has he even been contacted by any law enforcement agencies regarding any of this? There is no law for those ****s.

But if the unlikely happens and he DOES get arrested, Fox will 100% run a D next to his name.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 5/7/2021 at 2:28 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Why wouldn't it?

If you can make as much if not more sitting on unemployment than going to a job that you most likely don't like everyday - what are most people going to choose?  it seems the jobs that are really hurting, are the jobs that most people only do to get by to begin with.  Like fast food, service work, etc.  I could be wrong, but that's where I hear the most business owners struggles with staffing.

I think this is pretty close on one front. Most workers at these kinds of jobs get paid 💩 wages and are used to being broke and on the edge all the time. I’d imagine their mental calculus is that their 💩 job or a similar 💩 job will be there when the unemployment ends so why nit ride it out. That said, it doesn’t explain why everyone didn’t rush out to return to work when the benefits ran out the first time. Also, it doesn’t take into account the ongoing effect of Tя☭mp’s Muricuh first, get rid of immigrants schtick.

Manufacturing Industry’s Labor Shortage and Immigrant Workers

The ability to retain labor from abroad is essential to closing this gap, helping to replace an aging workforce, and infusing high skills into the market — boosting innovation and technological change, according to the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine’s 2016 The Economic and Fiscal Consequences of Immigration.

Since 2020, and following former President Donald Trump’s immigration actions on the heels of the COVID-19 outbreak, however, the inflow of labor from abroad has nearly ground to a halt. Yet, the search for skilled talent remains the top concern for 89 percent of executives in manufacturing businesses. 

Anecdotally, I’ve heard from contractors we’ve talked with about a project to fix an issue with our house that they are having a hard time finding carpenters, drywall guys and a host of other skilled trades bc there’s a natural turnover of the ones coming in and those going back home with the money they’ve saved working here. With the inflow shut off, there’s a shortage. So I think it’s more of an issue of there not being enough skilled workers to fill the jobs rather than people wanting to sit at home. But that doesn’t jibe with the Tя☭mp/GOP welfare queen propaganda so, no need to think about maybe training people to do other things or other measures that might alleviate the shortage and improve some people’s lives to boot. We’re good.🙄

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Bang said:

Odds Fox runs a "D" next to Gaetz's name when he gets arrested:

0%

because as of now, i have no faith anything will happen to him at all. 
It's been about 2 months since the evidence started coming out, his partner has been cooperating for at least 3 weeks right?
He's still in congress, still goose-stepping around the country on his Nazi bull**** tour.

Has he even been contacted by any law enforcement agencies regarding any of this? There is no law for those ****s.

But if the unlikely happens and he DOES get arrested, Fox will 100% run a D next to his name.

~Bang

Didn't Tucker Carlson refer to Frank Luntz (the semi-famous Republican wordsmith who is always doing those registered voter panels on Fox during election seasons) "basically, a Democrat?"  LOL.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Cancel culture has come for our horses now

That seems to be the pattern now. Do something illegal and/or immoral and when you get caught blame the people reporting it and say you're now being "cancelled". 

• Thanks 2