Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Yahoo: (Opinion): Thomas Suddes: Frank LaRose wants to rewrite history to hijack your century-old right

This is what unchallenged, one-party power leads to at Ohio’s Statehouse: On Election Day, Democrats picked up three State Board of Education seats.

Result: Complete coincidence, Statehouse Republicans are moving to strip the board of most of its powers, giving them instead to an appointee of Republican Gov. Mike DeWine.

Meanwhile, pro-choice Ohioans will likely aim to amend the Ohio Constitution to guarantee a woman’s right to choose abortion.

And Ohioans who oppose gerrymandered General Assembly and congressional districts will likely aim to amend the constitution to require fairly dawn districts.

Frank LaRose wants to change the rules

Result: Another complete coincidence, Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose wants to make it harder for voters to pass voter-initiated constitutionals amendments.

Since 1912, the state constitution has required a simple majority of those Ohioans voting on a proposed (petitioned) amendment to pass it. LaRose wants to require a 60% vote on petitioned amendments. (For amendments the legislature proposed, the majority requirement would remain 50% plus one.)

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Some of the reporting, particularly from Kanye's side, suggested that Trump stepped away to take a phone call at some point, and after that Trump was somewhat belligerent toward Kanye, including having choice words about Kim K.

I wonder if that phone call was a person who saw who the guests were and called Trump and said "Uh, this isn't a good look....."

• Haha 1

I don’t know why people continue to take “I didn’t know!” as a valid excuse from someone who wants to again be President. If you don’t know who you are meeting with, then you don’t pay close enough attention to detail to be President. We already know that to be true, but it’s a ongoing disqualifying flaw. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t know why people continue to take “I didn’t know!” as a valid excuse from someone who wants to again be President. If you don’t know who you are meeting with, then you don’t pay close enough attention to detail to be President. We already know that to be true, but it’s a ongoing disqualifying flaw. 

He has a lot of disqualifying flaws.  But some people would vote for him no matter what.  There is nothing that would disqualify him in some people's eyes.  

45 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You are correct. Of course. 

but this is how cults work. 

51 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Did your many Republican friends tell you that?

image.gif.2530e4b7ac9bc89801bf7022631bbc0d.gif

For the life of me I can’t figure out why you’re such a dick about that. 

God forbid anyone share information that doesn’t along with what you want or are about. 

On 11/27/2022 at 12:44 PM, China said:

Well we know it won't be Boebert or MTG doing the reading, because I don't think either of them can read, and certainly neither of them would be capable of comprehending it if they could.

As an added benefit, it'll take them all two years to do it, so congress won't have time to pursue any legislation.

• Haha 2

On 11/27/2022 at 11:25 AM, Cooked Crack said:

When NPR tweeted the Declaration of Independence line by line, the right wing went nuts. Thought it was liberal propaganda. 

Dems should steal Kevin's thunder here and read both the Declaration and the Constitution line by line on their last day. Then on the GOPs first day. show up like there was a big meeting on Inflation that GOP didn't show up for again. "We're here to talk about the plan they'd been pushing and are ready to have it read for the American people today. No reason to wait another second...." 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, China said:

He has a lot of disqualifying flaws.  But some people would vote for him no matter what.  There is nothing that would disqualify him in some people's eyes.  

The fact anyone with a brain wants him disqualified over "facts" is enough to gleefully support every single bit of it.

Because doing so "owns" you.

And you shall forever be shamed by such pwnage.

And his MAGA friends will laugh with him and cherish the memory of how they owned you, and how they all just got louder the more you protested.

Checkmate, lib.

~Dang

1 hour ago, Bang said:

The fact anyone with a brain wants him disqualified over "facts" is enough to gleefully support every single bit of it.

Because doing so "owns" you.

And you shall forever be shamed by such pwnage.

And his MAGA friends will laugh with him and cherish the memory of how they owned you, and how they all just got louder the more you protested.

Checkmate, lib.

~Dang

Yanno, this really goes right to the heart of it. They aren't rejecting the last 50 years or 150, they are denying the last 400,000 since the inception of speech and communication and civilization. They genuinely want to go back to the cave where "Oooka, ooka" gets you poet laureate. 

Yeah I know it sounds like hyperbole.

It isn't

You have a dumbass got-yer-nose mouth breather demographic that finds it all too tiring and confusing, ALL of it!

• Thumb up 2

13 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Yanno, this really goes right to the heart of it. They aren't rejecting the last 50 years or 150, they are denying the last 400,000 since the inception of speech and communication and civilization. They genuinely want to go back to the cave where "Oooka, ooka" gets you poet laureate. 

Yeah I know it sounds like hyperbole.

It isn't

You have a dumbass got-yer-nose mouth breather demographic that finds it all too tiring and confusing, ALL of it!

Bro, you sound so ignorant for real.  It's "Ooka, booka." smh

• Haha 3