Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

The thing is, the Republican Party doesn't WANT to change, they like being who and what they are and if anything they want to be more of that. It's everyone else that wants them to change but they have their fingers stuck so far in their ears to keep from hearing the tips are touching.

9 minutes ago, twa said:

Do ya'll think those white people might see affirmative action as discrimination against them? (on the individual level)

I'm sure they do. Many have said as much. But if I told you that many black people believed that the NFL is discriminating against black QB's because they only see them as "runners" and they dont get as much time to develop you would laugh at that wouldn't you? That's cause its horse ****. 

15 minutes ago, twa said:

Do ya'll think those white people might see affirmative action as discrimination against them? (on the individual level)

Considering that white women are some of the biggest beneficiaries of affirmative action, they would be wrong at every level to think it discriminates against them.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I'm sure they do. Many have said as much. But if I told you that many black people believed that the NFL is discriminating against black QB's because they only see them as "runners" and they dont get as much time to develop you would laugh at that wouldn't you? That's cause its horse ****. 

Perception is what the question was about though, not rationality. :pint:

Just now, No Excuses said:

Considering that white women are some of the biggest beneficiaries of affirmative action, they would be wrong at every level to think it discriminates against them.

True, but how about males?

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

And you know that you do this to yourselves right? 

Form my perceptions?.....yes

Of course others allow different factors to influence theirs.

just as in no excuses's example there exists the woman's son /husband/brother that they can perceive discrimination against despite clearly benefiting themselves

Edited by twa
EG/ no excuses....tomato/tamatoe

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It's the white Christians swinging the average there. They believe that if they aren't free to discriminate against people then they are being discriminated against.

And are now engaged in an active conspiracy with the GOP and the right wing spin machine, to push the meme that anti-discrimination laws are religious persecution. 

It's one of the reasons for my utter contempt for religion. The right, moral, thing; what I think they should do, if Christianity was the religion that I imagine it to be; would be to be loudly announcing that Christianity condemns discrimination, in all forms. That Christianity not only does not object to anti-discrimination laws, they actively campaign for them. 

But nope. 

Republican politician:  Discrimination is a fundamental part of Christianity, and therefore making it illegal for my business to discriminate infringes on my religion. 

Organized Religion:. Remember to vote Republican. Because they stand for our religion. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Yeah, this type of "discussion" is exactly why I don't even bother with the political discussions in the Tailgate.  This is the lefties preaching to the proverbial choir.  Get out of your echo chamber.  The fact that you guys point out the splinters the Republican party, but don't see the plank in your own regarding things like racism is pretty telling. 

And, I'm sorry, but "White Christians" aren't out there doing things like stoning people for their sexual orientation, but you don't want to bring up Sharia law or the extremists in the Muslim faith.  Instead, you'd rather go after someone for refusing to bake a cake... give me a break.  

(edit) And I can tell by the reaction I just received that you just don't get it.  

No, you don't participate in Tailgate political discussions because you bring up stupid points line Sharia Law...name one place in the ENTIRE United States where Sharia Law is the operational government law...we'll wait.

Meanwhile lets take a moment to point out all the places where Xians are routinely discriminating against other religions and people who don'r abide by their theologically based legal heterosexual patriarchy. You guys slit your wrists over making a ****ing cake and act like you are being discriminated against meanwhile friends of mine in a 20 year relationship are only on their 4th wedding anniversary because of the Christian law you all forced on everyone. Next we'll talk about all the other religious laws you've burdened us with because your narrow assed religion was too damned insecure to stand on its own without forcing everyone else to act like they were members. 

1 minute ago, Larry said:

And are now engaged in an active conspiracy with the GOP and the right wing spin machine, to push the meme that anti-discrimination laws are religious persecution. 

It's one of the reasons for my utter contempt for religion. The right, moral, thing; what I think they should do, if Christianity was the religion that I imagine it to be; would be to be loudly announcing that Christianity condemns discrimination, in all forms. That Christianity not only does not object to anti-discrimination laws, they actively campaign for them. 

But nope. 

Republican politician:  Discrimination is a fundamental part of Christianity, and therefore making it illegal for my business to discriminate infringes on my religion. 

Organized Religion:. Remember to vote Republican. Because they stand for our religion. 

Boom! ****in' mic drop!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, twa said:

I absolutely do think that white male GOPers think that losing SOME of the privilege that their race and gender has afforded them historically would be seen as discrimination. To the guy born into a race 10 steps ahead being moved to back to the starting line feels unfair. To everyone else at the starting line or behind it sure looks a lot like fairness.

One thing my race and specifically men of my race in America need to figure out is that loss of privilege is NOT discrimination. So **** you that you didn't get into your Ivy League school, ya'll screaming about how college is for liberals and how a trade is so much better. Stop your whining and get off your ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I absolutely do think that white male GOPers think that losing SOME of the privilege that their race and gender has afforded them historically would be seen as discrimination. To the guy born into a race 10 steps ahead being moved to back to the starting line feels unfair. To everyone else at the starting line or behind it sure looks a lot like fairness.

One thing my race and specifically men of my race in America need to figure out is that loss of privilege is NOT discrimination. So **** you that you didn't get into your Ivy League school, ya'll screaming about how college is for liberals and how a trade is so much better. Stop your whining and get off your ass.

(not even arguing with you, you just hit the nail on the head) See this is why I hate the argument. No one is talking about moving white males back to the starting line. We just want others to get the same or comparative opportunity. I dont need you to take anything from anyone. Just help me out so I can compete. My mom cant pay half a mil for me to go to school. 

All this can be solved with free education. Then everyone wins. But the same people dont want that either.

Can you image how the game would change if just Stanford athletes couldn't use athletics to get into school and all those talented black athletes had to go to Howard? If there was ZERO preferential treatment by race or any other factor besides academics than yall would be watching HBCU football 🤔

Its a ridiculous argument cause people what to have an advantage in a way they can use it for themselves and we all know it. 

• Like 1

Just now, twa said:

That last line is one of my favorites to apply to most everything. 

On that we agree.

I'm in a profession dominated by females, many of whom flash boobs and dye jobs in their leased Mercedes. No one is lining up to look at my tits, ass or any other part, it just means that I have to work harder and be the true expert in the room. I don't get listings because of my fraternity or sorority, I get them because I do my job better than they do. And once clients see past the boobjobs and slick suits they start looking for the one who is going to work for them. THAT's when my phone rings. Am I annoyed that other agents get listings because of superficiality? Sure, but do I love picking up those clients when their listing expires and then showing them why they should have chose me tge first time? You bet.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

On that we agree.

I'm in a profession dominated by females, many of whom flash boobs and dye jobs in their leased Mercedes. No one is lining up to look at my tits, ass or any other part, it just means that I have to work harder and be the true expert in the room. I don't get listings because of my fraternity or sorority, I get them because I do my job better than they do. And once clients see past the boobjobs and slick suits they start looking for the one who is going to work for them. THAT's when my phone rings. Am I annoyed that other agents get listings because of superficiality? Sure, but do I love picking up those clients when their listing expires and then showing them why they should have chose me tge first time? You bet.

Succeeding by doing the work better is its own validation. You'll never convince the boobjob demographic that their act is limiting. but that isn't your job, is it? I just wish more people would look past the package and rediscover the genuine worth and satisfaction in knowing your **** and doing it well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Succeeding by doing the work better is its own validation. You'll never convince the boobjob demographic that their act is limiting. but that isn't your job, is it? I just wish more people would look past the package and rediscover the genuine worth and satisfaction in knowing your **** and doing it well.

Not my job to train the boobjob demographic. I end up saying that a lot about other agents. I used to try and be helpful, but a mentor looked at me and said, "why are you trying to improve your competition? They aren't your's to train."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Many churches do loudly announce Christianity condemns discrimination.  Have you gone to local churches to see what they have done, or are you just generalizing from what you've read?

7 minutes ago, superozman said:

Many churches do loudly announce Christianity condemns discrimination.  Have you gone to local churches to see what they have done, or are you just generalizing from what you've read?

What kind of discrimination?