Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

14 minutes ago, JCB said:

It's empty now. What did it say?

Robertson Claims Vision of Jesus With AK-47, Camo Means He’ll Soon Return

Televangelist Pat Robertson said he had received a message from Jesus Christ telling him that he was pleased with the work of President Donald Trump. 

“Last night, I was praying and Jesus came to me in a vision. Jesus had his bags packed and was wearing camo and carrying an AK-47,” said Robertson on “The 700 Club. “That means he’s getting ready to come back and take care of Israel’s enemies.”

This is the only source I can find for this. Still hope it's an April Fools joke. 

• Thanks 1

This is your Republican party today..........

In the conversation Stringer and Hamilton talk about what he should ask the speaker about. Hamilton said Stringer should ask about child trafficking.

In response, he said that sex trafficking wasn’t a concern. “I don’t like to demonize it,” he explained......

.....Stringer allegedly said, “I like being a daddy figure for the little girls when they sit on my lap.”

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/arizona-republican-claims-that-sex-trafficking-does-not-damage-children-Pdyb4lGDm0iKFgBPxgtXAw/?fbclid=IwAR2fz8YV12Lrwv2E658xHbvABMNxwMzs_95NQ7AvGvmgVCCRuA-VOx26fS8

You "fix" these ****ers the same way you fixed Ole Yeller once he went rabid, not out of malice but out of compassion for us all

• Sad 2

On 4/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, Larry said:

Robertson Claims Vision of Jesus With AK-47, Camo Means He’ll Soon Return

This is the only source I can find for this. Still hope it's an April Fools joke. 

From the "source's About tab on their website:

The Business Standard News is a satirical site designed to parody the 24-hour news cycle. The stories are outlandish, but reality is so strange nowadays they could be true.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

The Business Standard News is a satirical site designed to parody the 24-hour news cycle. The stories are outlandish, but reality is so strange nowadays they could be true.

Yeah, when the tweet disappeared, and I went looking for a link (in response to the person who asked), and I found out that a Google for the story returned:

1)  Business Standard News.

2)  One person's Facebook page

3)  ES (this thread)

4)  And no other sites

I pretty much assumed it was an April Fool's joke.  

3 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

So here's the worst part about this, when a satire site posts an article and it's absurdity is indistinguishable from the reality. 

45 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It's the white Christians swinging the average there. They believe that if they aren't free to discriminate against people then they are being discriminated against.

I hope its the only discrimination they ever face as a people again and at the same time I hope they feel it every waking moment of their lives. In their sleep too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I hope its the only discrimination they ever face as a people again and at the same time I hope they feel it every waking moment of their lives. In their sleep too. 

Yeah, this type of "discussion" is exactly why I don't even bother with the political discussions in the Tailgate.  This is the lefties preaching to the proverbial choir.  Get out of your echo chamber.  The fact that you guys point out the splinters the Republican party, but don't see the plank in your own regarding things like racism is pretty telling. 

And, I'm sorry, but "White Christians" aren't out there doing things like stoning people for their sexual orientation, but you don't want to bring up Sharia law or the extremists in the Muslim faith.  Instead, you'd rather go after someone for refusing to bake a cake... give me a break.  

(edit) And I can tell by the reaction I just received that you just don't get it.  

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

Yeah, this type of "discussion" is exactly why I don't even bother with the political discussions in the Tailgate.  This is the lefties preaching to the proverbial choir.  Get out of your echo chamber.  The fact that you guys point out the splinters the Republican party, but don't see the plank in your own regarding things like racism is pretty telling. 

And, I'm sorry, but "White Christians" aren't out there doing things like stoning people for their sexual orientation, but you don't want to bring up Sharia law or the extremists in the Muslim faith.  Instead, you'd rather go after someone for refusing to bake a cake... give me a break.  

Seems like I hit a nerve (when asking that the only discrimination white Christians ever face is not being able to discriminate against other people, for ****s sake lol) Tell me how you really feel playa. 

I would also like to point out that even if you aint the hit dog in this particular case, you sure dont know what the hell you are talking about. You just sound like another victimized white dude. Which isnt the topic here and I dont plan to derail. So maybe go back to not "even bothering with the political discussions in the tailgate". I bet we would all like it better that way, yourself included. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I would also like to point out that even if you aint the hit dog in this particular case, you sure dont know what the hell you are talking about. You just sound like another victimized white dude. Which isnt the topic here and I dont plan to derail. So maybe go back to not "even bothering with the political discussions in the tailgate". I bet we would all like it better that way, yourself included. 

The unfortunate thing is I was actually intrigued by the topic; I thought it might actually be a though provoking discussion.  But, instead, it turned into an anti-white, anti-Christian tirade.  And, in the words of every offended lefty out there: "did you just assume my gender"?

15 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Keyboard warriors unite!  

Awfully tough there behind your computer screen.  

Aww im just funnin ya. Dont take it that personal. I dont wanna fight you, not even from my computer screen. 

Lets be serious, then. You come in here asking (nicely) that Dems or people on the left of the conversation from you (you never really clarified, so im not sure. Lefties can mean alot) get out of our echo chambers but proceeded to use the same tired, unhelpful rhetoric that one would assume you only really learn in a right leaning echo chamber yourself. Your posts are absolutely littered with them. Words/phrases like lefties, Sharia Law, extremists Muslims, that whole cake thing (all of thats just one post, btw), anti-white, anti-christian, offended lefty and even throw in keyboard warrior for fun. Nothing about that is thought provoking. So saying thats what you came here for is just stupid and its not fooling anyone. Least of all me. 

You say you come here for provoking thought, yet you provide the exact opposite. At least im upfront about my bull****. So lets talk, then. I think the first thing the Republican party has to do, is change this "Im the victim" attitude and have some pride in itself again. Change my mind. 

Edited by Llevron

As someone who is for smaller government, the GOP has betrayed me. GWB grew spending by over 7 1/2 % /year, the fastest rate since FDR.

As someone who advocates balanced budgets with modest structural surpluses, the last two GOP Presidents have been disastrous.

Free Trade? Trump is sabotaging Reagan's brainchildren of NAFTA and the WTO. The latter he pushed for (though it took Clinton to finally pass both) largely as a way to phase out agricultural subsidies...which Trump is now pumping up to unprecedented levels to compensate for the damage his protectionism is inflicting.  The TPP was indeed the "gold standard" of trade deals, but was dead on Trump's arrival.

I was once a Republican, but the abomination that exists now has devolved into nothing more than a vehicle for Trump and his cult of personality. It has, as Bobby Jindal forewarned, become the party of stupid. It is beyond saving.

• Like 1