Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Republicans Are Panicking Because They Somehow Just Found Out You Can Buy Vibrators at CVS

On Saturday night at the New York Young Republicans Club gala, Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene packed enough wild statements into her short speech that it’s difficult to keep count. But one highlight was her need to share her newfound knowledge that you can just walk into a store and buy a sex toy, something that has been commonplace for years. 

“By the way, you can pick up a butt plug or a dildo at Target and CVS nowadays,” she said on stage. “I don’t even know how we got here... This is the state that we’re living in right now.”

Greene was seemingly repeating something she may have seen on a segment on right-wing TV host Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show the night before, where correspondent Trace Gallagher claimed that one of Carlson’s producers “happened to notice” that CVS is “now” selling sex toys. 

“And they appear to be a relative bargain,” Gallagher said. “For example, there’s a Tush Cush for $11.97, though the accompanying lotion that goes with it will set you back an additional $11.97. And if you’ve got the cash, right there in the middle, the Buzzy Butt will run you $32.50. Information I just wanted you to know about New York.”

“But it’s immoral to sell Marlboros,” Carlson replied. 

This might be the first time Carlson’s anonymous, wandering producer, or Greene, have noticed all the vibrators in Target and CVS—they’re usually in the condom and lube aisle, if they ever looked for either of those items—but sex toys have been available at mainstream retailers for more than a decade. Condom companies like Trojan and Durex started selling their own brands of sex toys in major retailers as early as 2011. By 2012, stores including CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, Safeway, Target and Walmart sold toys alongside prophylactics. 

The statements by Gallagher are a fairly obvious attempt at moralistic rage-baiting that’s come to define Carlson’s show, and ranting about buttplugs was somehow the least bizarre thing Greene said on stage at the gala. She also said that she would have done a better job running the January 6 riot on the Capitol had she been in charge.

But this rhetoric isn’t new: demonizing sexual health and pleasure products is part of a conservative playbook that goes back decades.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

Despite Trump’s Lobbying, McCarthy’s Speaker Bid Remains Imperiled on the Right

Former President Donald J. Trump has been working the phones, personally pitching right-wing lawmakers on voting to make Representative Kevin McCarthy, the Republican leader he has called “My Kevin,” the speaker of the House.

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, the most outspoken far-right member of his conference, is publicly vouching for Mr. McCarthy. The California Republican has made private entreaties and public promises to win over his critics, including floating the impeachment of a member of President Biden’s cabinet.

And yet, Mr. McCarthy, who is toiling to become speaker next year when the G.O.P. assumes the majority, has so far been unable to put down a mini-revolt on the right that threatens to imperil his bid for the top job.

Mr. McCarthy has embarked on the kind of grueling campaign that lawmakers in both parties jockeying for the post have sometimes been forced to perform. But some of the hard-right lawmakers with whom he is attempting to bargain do not appear to have a price, and most care less about legislating than shrinking the federal government — or upending it completely.

“This is why we came to Congress,” Representative Bob Good of Virginia said. “This is why we’re here. We’ve got a chance to tip over that apple cart here on Jan. 3, when we elect a new speaker.”

Their top demand has been that Mr. McCarthy agree in advance to a snap vote to get rid of the speaker at any time, something he has refused to accept.

John Boehner, the Ohio Republican who was run out of the speaker post by the far right, famously described the approach of this faction as “legislative terrorism.” And with a razor-thin majority that only allows him to lose a few votes in the election for speaker, it could be a recipe for disaster for Mr. McCarthy.

Even Mr. Trump, perhaps the most influential voice in the hard-right faction of the party, has had little success to date in moving lawmakers over to Mr. McCarthy’s side. Mr. Trump, who has announced he is running for president again in 2024, has been calling members who are ambivalent, at best, about Mr. McCarthy’s bid for the speakership and trying to persuade them that it is the best option, according to three people familiar with the calls.

FeminineSplendidCicada-size_restricted.g

The Memo: New controversies deepen GOP’s ‘extremist’ problem

The GOP has an image problem — and it’s not getting better.

Republicans suffered a disappointing midterm election in part because moderate voters saw the party as too extreme.

A string of new controversies isn’t doing anything to soften those edges.

On Saturday, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) told a gala in New York that the Jan. 6 insurrection would have been more successful had she and former Trump strategist Stephen Bannon organized it. 

Expanding on her point, the Georgia congresswoman said that such an attempt “would’ve been armed.” 

She later claimed she was being sarcastic.

Earlier this month, the former president himself said on social media that he favored the “termination” of the Constitution — and appeared to suggest he could somehow be reinstated as president.

The bizarre claim came at a time when Republicans were still being buffeted by outrage over former President Trump having dinner at Mar-a-Lago with two noted antisemites: Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, and Nick Fuentes.

Then, on Monday, website Talking Points Memo published texts that were apparently sent to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows in the waning days of Trump’s presidency.

Those messages included one from Rep. Ralph Norman (R-S.C.), sent three days prior to President Biden’s inauguration, in which the congressman urged Meadows to encourage Trump to impose martial law — something that he considered “our last hope” in “saving our Republic.”

Put it all together, and it’s a lot of new fuel for the fire that burnt the GOP in the midterms. 

In those elections, according to a voter analysis commissioned by The Associated Press and Fox News, 44 percent of voters called “the future of democracy in this country” the single most important factor for them. Among that group, Democrats had a 20-point advantage.

Edited by China

Lauren Boebert demands impeachment of Homeland Security head for being too good at stopping fentanyl smugglers

Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert shows off her intellectual capacity by demanding the impeachment of United States Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas for being good at his job.

"On Mayorkas's watch," she whined, "over 14,000 pounds of fentanyl was seized in fiscal year 2022 at our southern border. That is an all-time record high."

It makes you wonder why Bobo wanted those seven tons of fentanyl to make it into the United States?

Click on the link for more

• Haha 3

Republicans don't seem to understand what "sarcastic" means. They use it as a catch-all excuse for literally everything after they get caught doing it.

"Sure, I threw a flaming bag of **** at his car and hit him with it, but I did it sarcastically so it's ok"

I think I'll try to use that from now on. "I mean...sure, officer, I was going 90 in a 35, but I was doing it sarcastically"   "Yeah, I embezzled $250,000 from my company, but I did it sarcastically. Hell, I even spent it sarcastically!"

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Republicans don't seem to understand what "sarcastic" means. They use it as a catch-all excuse for literally everything after they get caught doing it.

"Sure, I threw a flaming bag of **** at his car and hit him with it, but I did it sarcastically so it's ok"

I think I'll try to use that from now on. "I mean...sure, officer, I was going 90 in a 35, but I was doing it sarcastically"   "Yeah, I embezzled $250,000 from my company, but I did it sarcastically. Hell, I even spent it sarcastically!"

Republicans:

9c87e9c7-83f6-4dda-9a31-22f2f77a3a25_tex

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Haha 5

On 12/13/2022 at 11:08 AM, Cooked Crack said:

January 6 was on a Wednesday. Must have been Democrats.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:32 AM, Fan since a Fetus said:

I saw a bumper sticker this past weekend that said:

Republican

Because I have a job and don’t have time to protest

if that’s your reason for being a Republican, I think you’re doing it wrong. For some reason I saw a lot of F Joe Biden stuff on really nice pick up trucks this weekend. Just running normal errands. I said on here that I have seen less and less here in Texas. Obviously there are a ton still out there, I guess I’ve missed them. 

heard this since Trump’s inauguration. 

“Greatest crowd ever” 

“no it wasn’t” 

“it most certainly was. They wouldn’t lie about it” 

(shows photo evidence it wasn’t)

”well that’s because republicans have jobs not like all the democrats that showed up for Obama’s handouts” 

family sure is swell

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

heard this since Trump’s inauguration. 

“Greatest crowd ever” 

“no it wasn’t” 

“it most certainly was. They wouldn’t lie about it” 

(shows photo evidence it wasn’t)

”well that’s because republicans have jobs not like all the democrats that showed up for Obama’s handouts” 

family sure is swell

59 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Hoo boy lol...

“It’s an exclusive club…. of people who buy my stuff.”

• Haha 2

Looks like brown nosing/shirting treason weasel McCarthy still has the hots for Donny:

Kevin McCarthy Isn’t Jumping Off The Trump Train Any Time Soon

A reporter asked McCarthy if he would endorse Trump, and McCarthy replied, “We haven’t talked about that yet.” Then he launched into a laundry list of things he said would be better if Trump had won reelection in 2020.

“If we had President Trump in, we wouldn’t have inflation. We wouldn’t have a border that’s runaway, we wouldn’t have gas prices as high as it is,” he said.

Similarly, he also declined to criticize the former president’s social media post 11 days ago that called for scrapping the U.S. Constitution and reinstalling Trump as president.

Edited by China

Republicans Are Emasculated’: Rand Paul Furious Over Bipartisan Spending Deal, Says GOP Isn’t Fiscally Conservative

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) declared that Republicans have “emasculated” themselves by agreeing to a major spending deal and complained Republicans aren’t fiscally conservative.

On Tuesday night, leading congressional Democrats and Republicans agreed on a framework to fund the government through most of 2023. The House is expected to vote on the measure Wednesday night. Meanwhile, the Senate could take up the measure as early as Thursday.

Paul stated he is staunchly opposed to whatever deal emerges. Instead of one large omnibus package, he said Congress should pass 12 separate appropriations bills and that Republicans should temporarily block one or two to gain leverage to enact policy changes.

“This brings upon us the lie that Republicans really are fiscally conservative,” he told Larry Kudlow on Fox Business on Wednesday. “The Democrats aren’t. They will not pretend to be fiscally conservative. Not one of them up here gives a darn about the debt.”

Pssst...Rand...Republicans haven't been fiscally conservative for decades.

• Like 2