Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

24 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

What follows Trump is probably Josh Hawley or Tucker Carlson in 2024. Maybe even a large adult Trump child. More bigotry, more fake populism.

What follows Trump will be "Hey, that wasn't us.  That was Trump.  Was never a Republican to begin with, anyway.  Look, I even said something mildly critical of him once.  We're all better now.  You should vote us back into power, so we can do exactly what we've been doing for the last 30 years, only we promise to be even more passionate about it this time."  

In short, exactly what followed W.  

Worked last time.  After 8 years of what had been the worst Presidency of my voting lifetime, they lost the White House, and both houses of Congress.  For 2 years.  And then they went back to the exact same agenda, only with more ideological purity.  

And I see no sign whatsoever that the Reality Distortion Machine is losing it's effectiveness.  

• Thanks 1

so i've been posing positives on will hurd for a couple years now, and recently in the congress 116 thread, and want to note in this thread that:

the gop now has one african-american in the house

check and see how many gop women currently hold office in congress and how many are planning to run for the gop 

explain that away, party of racism, misogyny, and bigotry--because that's what you are now, period :)

don't like it, don't think it's fair?

what will you do about it? you'll hate those delusional hypersentive exaggerating lefties cuz you so smart and well-grounded

p.s.---and your orangey freakshow leader is putin's **** and moscow mitch is forever moscow mitch

• Thanks 1

Republican response to Obama's presidency was to nominate the most outwardly racist candidate in the modern era.  No one else can fix that for them. That can only be fixed by the portion of the GOP that is willing to admit it is a problem and find a way to expunge that influence from their party, or remove themselves from the party on principle.  

• Like 2

hurd is not turning his back on the gop and going dem (which i respect and even support, though selfishly i'd wish he'd go dem) but plans to work outside political office for now to make the gop better and address the issues as he sees best, but to be very active, including in intelligence matters he says, however that would take shape private-public sector wise, i dunno he's given details yet

i have long found him to be a very impressive guy

Just now, Jumbo said:

hurd is not turning his back on the gop and going dem (which i respect and even support, though selfishly i'd wish he'd go dem) but plans to work outside political office for now to make the gop better and address the issues as he sees best, but to be very active, including in intelligence matters he says, however that would take shape private-public sector wise, i dunno he's given details yet

i have long found him to be a very impressive guy

He plans on supporting Trump in 2020. That doesn’t seem like “working to make things better” tbh. 

10 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

He plans on supporting Trump in 2020. That doesn’t seem like “working to make things better” tbh. 

i missed that, and yeah, that's unfortunate and is a big demerit if as you stated (not doubting you at all)

that would make for a big demerit :(

it would be one of the biggest negatives i'd add to my take on him (which has been consistent and not really based on a superficial awareness, but it isn't a comprehensive awareness, either 

now i wonder this: will the gopers try to address the pr image by finding all the other paris dennard   $$/fame opportunists or  black trump clergy opportunists, or sheriff clarks (whatev that category is) and "use" them as an 'answer"....oboy.....

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i missed that, and yeah, that's unfortunate and is a big demerit if as you stated (not doubting you at all)

that would make for a big demerit :(

it would be one of the biggest negatives i'd add to my take on him (which has been consistent and not really based on a superficial awareness, but it isn't a comprehensive awareness, either

Things may change between now and 2020, and maybe being out of Congress will change his outlook, but this was his position five days ago:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/plan-support-republican-nominee-texas-rep-hurd/story?id=64608340

2016 to today has pretty much seen every R in a swing district run for the hills or lose their elections. We're heading towards a GOP Congressional caucus that is almost entirely composed of Matt Gaetz clones on the right. It's an interesting party dynamic. By getting their butts whooped all over the country, they are more likely to swing harder to becoming the Trump sycophant party, the thing which caused them to lose support in more moderate districts to begin with.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

. By getting their butts whooped all over the country, they are more likely to swing harder to becoming the Trump sycophant party, the thing which caused them to lose support in more moderate districts to begin with.

Not like the GOP has a recent record of doing stuff that makes sense, but I'm not sure I follow the logic of doubling down on Trumps platform if it costs them the presidency or worse for them the Senate as well.  I'm convinced the only reason Turtle doesnt get in the way is because it hasnt cost him power yet, all he cares about is maintaining power so he can get the bills he wants, when that stops, then what?  I mean, ****, what if Moscow Mitch gets voted out, shouldnt that change things for the GOP?  How many blue waves is it going to take?

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

so i've been posing positives on will hurd for a couple years now, and recently in the congress 116 thread, and want to note in this thread that:

the gop now has one african-american in the house

check and see how many gop women currently hold office in congress and how many are planning to run for the gop 

explain that away, party of racism, misogyny, and bigotry--because that's what you are now, period :)

don't like it, don't think it's fair?

what will you do about it? you'll hate those delusional hypersentive exaggerating lefties cuz you so smart and well-grounded

p.s.---and your orangey freakshow leader is putin's **** and moscow mitch is forever moscow mitch

Just pointing out, when I'm compiling my opinion of the GOP when it comes to matters of equality vs discrimination, I consider things like the fact that they have fought against every single anti-discrimination law, everywhere in America, for my entire lifetime, to be a lot more conclusive proof than checking to see whether they've met affirmative action quotas.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twa said:

When will Tulsi Gabbard become a Republican?

Exploring the burning subtext of a Democratic presidential campaign

https://spectator.us/tulsi-gabbard-become-republican/

:ols:

Well, isn't that a nice way to attack an opponent you're afraid of? Feeding if not generating a rumor that she isn't really a Democrat and thus can't be trusted.

This is what republicans currently stand for:

Fear mongering of immigrants and people of color.

Banning abortion at all costs.

Providing military grade weapons to any white person who wants one.

Making taxes 0% for mid/large corps.

Opposing any proposal to prevent climate change and rolling back any prior changes that impede business.

Creating and digesting news that is contrary to standard news sources.

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

This is what republicans currently stand for:

Fear mongering of immigrants and people of color.

Banning abortion at all costs.

Providing military grade weapons to any white person who wants one.

Making taxes 0% for mid/large corps.

Opposing any proposal to prevent climate change and rolling back any prior changes that impede business.

Creating and digesting news that is contrary to standard news sources.

Trillion dollar deficits.  In a good economy.  (As long as Republicans are in charge of them.)  

Attacking NATO.  

A nuclear Iran.  

A trade war.  

Throwing taxpayer dollars to bail out the people harmed by the trade war, if they're a demographic that votes Republican.  

Gerrymandering.  

Targeted voter suppression.  

Lying on an hourly basis, to divert attention away from the lie you told an hour go.  

The thread of tweets from Senator McCollister was posted earlier. Here's the response from the state's GOP:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/456290-nebraska-gop-tells-republican-lawmaker-who-said-party-is-enabling-white

The Nebraska Republican Party on Monday called for GOP state Sen. John McCollister to re-register as a Democrat after he accused the party of enabling white supremacy in the United States. 

“John McCollister has been telegraphing for years that he has little if nothing in common with the Republican voters in his district by consistently advocating for higher taxes, restrictions on American’s Second Amendment rights, and pro-abortion lobby,” Nebraska Republican Party Executive Director Ryan Hamilton said in a statement. “His latest false statement about Republicans should come as no surprise to anyone who is paying attention, and we’re happy he has finally shed all pretense of being a conservative.”

4 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

“His latest false statement about Republicans should come as no surprise to anyone who is paying attention, and we’re happy he has finally shed all pretense of being a conservative.”

Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. You can change what it means to be a Republican I guess but conservatism is conservatism. You don’t get to change the definition. He’s more conservative than the current GOP leadership could hope to be on their best day.

• Thanks 1

It’s kind of ironic that the greatest assault on free market capitalism isn’t coming from the left right now, but the right. The god awful trade policies are some of the worst form of government meddling you can possibly do to disrupt private sector activity. 

I guess George Will is no longer "Republican", either?

Trump doesn’t just pollute the social environment with hate. He is the environment.

Columnist

August 5 at 4:36 PM

When Gerald Ford became president after Richard M. Nixon’s resignation, he told the nation: “Our long national nightmare is over.” Today’s long — and perhaps occasionally lethal — national embarrassment will continue at least until Jan. 20, 2021. If it continues longer, this will be more than an embarrassment to the nation, this will be an indictment of it.

<more at link....>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-doesnt-just-pollute-the-social-environment-he-is-the-environment/2019/08/05/65cb525a-b7b6-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html

If you are not ashamed of Trump, you have ZERO morals.   Period.