Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

I was floored when I saw that Republicans still (at the end of June) are giving Trump a 91% approval rating.  :wtf:

I can't believe how much tribalism (party over country) there is.  Once again I weep for America.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump

Donald Trump Job Approval by Party Identification
  Republicans Independents Democrats
  % % %
2020 Jun 8-30 91 33 2
  • Sad 1

If you think the Republican Party is the party of racists than holy smokes are you blind. The Democrat Party has used race as a political tool since it’s inception and is still doing it today. Every decision they make and action they take is designed to separate Americans into groups because a divided America is a weak America. They prey on each group’s fear and make promises they have no intention of keeping.

Donald Trump is direct reaction to these policies and these policies are why the idiot will be re-elected. 

Anyone who attempts to somehow equate the Democrat Party as the party of morals or the party that’s somehow on the right side of history should be laughed out of the conversation.

Edited by dragon_mikal
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Racism and fear sells

QFT. It always will. I'm just hopeful that we're getting to a point where it won't sell to enough of the country to make it a really viable strategy...at least not all the time anyway.

35 minutes ago, dragon_mikal said:

If you think the Republican Party is the party of racists than holy smokes are you blind. The Democrat Party has used race as a political tool since it’s inception and is still doing it today. Every decision they make and action they take is designed to separate Americans into groups because a divided America is a weak America. They prey on each group’s fear and make promises they have no intention of keeping.

Donald Trump is direct reaction to these policies and these policies are why the idiot will be re-elected. 

Anyone who attempts to somehow equate the Democrat Party as the party of morals or the party that’s somehow on the right side of history should be laughed out of the conversation.

OK, so here's the stock answer to this. You're saying the south is still a solidly blue Democratic stronghold, right? Because if the Dixiecrats responsible for the racist stuff you're talking about were still in the Democratic Party and not the Republic Party (see how stupid that sounds?), that's what would have happened. The south went red when the segregationists moved over to the Republic party. So yeah, all the stuff you're talking about is the classic GOP M.O. Now are all Republics racists and all Democrats not? Of course not. It's just that your party is home to a lot more overt racists than the Democratic Party is. At the very least, the Dems are trying to hide it while y'all make it your primary selling point.

This lame talking point is raised so often that maybe I should just add this response to my keyboard replacement list so I don't have to repeatedly type it out manually.🤔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dragon_mikal said:

The Democrats have a lot of issues when it comes to race, and part of why they lost in 2016 was that they took the black vote for granted the past 15-20 years while delivering very for African Americans- there's no question about that.

That said-- who do you think the Charlottesville Nazis and Proud Boys are voting for this year?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dragon_mikal said:

You really just have to look at the makeup of the US House of Representatives. 

One party has representatives from a broad coalition; whites, minorities, etc. 

One party is almost entirely white men.

I am sure the party that exclusively caters to the needs and emotional fragility of conservative white men is the party on the right side of history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Yeah because us hetero sexuals only practice safe and healthy sexual intercourse. No hetero sexual has ever had anal sex, multiple sexual partners, used bondage or other toys...

This platform sounds like a how to book for "bringing boredom back to the bedroom."

Now maybe it is just my rooming in college with a guy whose mom worked in the E.R. However, I assure you straight people do some crazy dangerous stuff too. My favorite story to make me gag involved some uneaten tuna fish in a place where it should really have been eaten or washed out...  All of this leaves out the unhealthy practices of sleeping with multiple people that our fearless leader engaged in for years.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, dragon_mikal said:

When Lyndon Johnson signed the civil rights acts; he knew the Democrats would lose the south for a generation.  The GOP starting with Nixon played to that and campaign with plenty of dog whistles, signaling the racists have a home in the GOP.  It happened pretty quickly on the presidential level.  The GOP ruled the presidential level from 1968-1988, only losing in 1976.  Carter was aided in coming right after Watergate.  At the congressional level and state level, it took longer but it eventually happened in the 90's,00's and 10's. 

Today, the GOP has no morals.  They nominated an immoral president.  Keeping him in power because they only value staying in power, shows how they have fallen.  Every single thing Trump has done, the GOP would've opposed if it were Clinton, Obama or any other Dem.   Since Trump was an overt racist who became president; all the racists came out of hiding.   Those racists have a home in one party and that isn't the Democratic party.

There is no way a racist like Trump could win the Democratic nomination.   Your sentiments have been proven wrong, over and over again.

What's going be funny that in the next decade, definitely by 2040; the South and Southwest will probably be solid Dem.  Those states are becoming more diverse while the old rust belt is slowly becoming less diverse.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2020 at 8:11 PM, China said:

I was floored when I saw that Republicans still (at the end of June) are giving Trump a 91% approval rating.  :wtf:

going to need a new party for people who are actually fiscally conservative and actually want the government out of their lives, which isn’t what the Republican party is anymore...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

going to need a new party for people who are actually fiscally conservative and actually want the government out of their lives, which isn’t what the Republican party is anymore...

They haven't been in your lifetime but yea you are right. 

• Like 4

hmmm...stupid and noisy....yup, it's a cowboy fan :D

i remember what a stooge of a poster it often was, football-wise, back in the day

kept getting the  'stupid bans'

stupid name too

but i digress

• Haha 1

Turning Point USA co-founder dies of coronavirus-related complications

The co-founder of conservative student group Turning Point USA, Bill Montgomery, has died from complications of the coronavirus, according to two friends of his.

Montgomery, who started it in 2012 with young conservative star Charlie Kirk, died at the age of 80 on Tuesday from Covid-19, according to pro-Trump conservative strategist Caleb Hull, who posted about the death on Twitter and his personal Facebook page, and Chicago-based citizen journalist Vic Maggio.

“I really wish people would just stop politicizing this pandemic and grow up while innocent people around us are dying,” Hull also said. “You have no idea how painful it is to be forced to sit at home while your loved one dies alone in a hospital.”

Over the course of the pandemic, Turning Point USA representatives have downplayed the impact of the coronavirus on public life.

In two previous episodes of his podcast, March 16 and April 23, Kirk stated that he believed that the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions should self-quarantine. Outside of that, however, he has questioned the vast majority of public health proposals to limit community spread. On the Sunday edition of his podcast, Kirk said: “Do not force me to wear a mask, it’s that simple. I’m not gonna do it, I’m not.”

Click on the link for the full article

On 7/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, dragon_mikal said:

It's not that the Democratic party is the party of morals, it's that the Republican party is your classic mustache-twirling villain.

On 7/26/2020 at 9:51 AM, Cooked Crack said:

Well on the bright side, we've already seen the kind of response you get from Republicans when it comes to things infecting at large.  Nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 6:46 PM, wrilbo67 said:

That said-- who do you think the Charlottesville Nazis and Proud Boys are voting for this year?

I don't know about all of them, but I'm sure that "very fine" ones will vote for Lord Donald.

"LGBTQ people unhealthy, dangerous, manipulative to children and “voyeurs who wish to prey on members of the opposite sex.”

Wait, what? I thought them queers only preyed on members of their own sex....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

"LGBTQ people unhealthy, dangerous, manipulative to children and “voyeurs who wish to prey on members of the opposite sex.”

Wait, what? I thought them queers only preyed on members of their own sex....

I bet you learned that at one of your fancy liberal arts schools.

• Haha 4

Ugh.... I don't do podcasts as a rule, sitting here just listening to people talk is not my style. If I do anything else I don't follow the conversation, if I sit and pay attention I drift off..........

Having offered that disclaimer, I DID this one. Thought it worth it although my morning is now an hour behind schedule.........

In “It Was All a Lie,” one of the GOP’s campaign operatives turns on the party he once helped build.

https://www.vox.com/ezra-klein-show-podcast/2020/8/10/21361966/stuart-stevens-gop-republicans-trump-romney-ezra-klein?fbclid=IwAR1CPq3TKhEN6skOSOYWTlhvxpGcNbRObWOWSEx9vgHoeTm1s4JkhHbHA9Y

• Like 1