Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

• 1 month later...

watching another, newer, clip of the body-snatcher pod-sourced replacement sen. john kennedy (you all must know him---r, lou)

soooooo i continue to hope for really icky messy events to befall every rooskie/trump-slurping goper, asap (not the rapper, which, btw, is pronounced "Ke$ha", but not to be confused with kesha)

I'm feeling more and more now that you can't fix the republican party until your fix their base.

I'm trying so hard not to hate those ****ing people. People who choose conformity and authoritarianism over freedom, but yell to everyone and anyone about how much they are for freedom and respecting the flag. They yell and yell about personal responsibility and pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps, but can't even muster the ability to educate themselves, think critically, and live based upon principles rather than tribalism.

These sick, stupid people are destroying the progress we've worked so hard for and are corrupting the very institutions our military fought and died for to protect.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

it's little more than a sick-pig farm at this point...a massive pile of rancid spoiled meat  

no fix that i can see that doesn't includes willing participation from a majority of those still identifying as"republicans", and the scope and degree of change needed is something i don't see that side doing because it never has other than at its surface layer

and much of that done "strategically" it appears, going by the realities (not "just my perception" :rolleyes:) all around us, even in just the last 6-7 decades

to me the gop at large has worked very very hard to become worthy of being as hated and reviled by decent people as one of its sickass soulmate subgroups, the kkk, and treated accordingly

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Jumbo changed the title to Fixing the Party of Racists, Homophobes, Science-Deniers, Arrogant Ignorance, Sexism, Religious Nutters, Conspiracy Nutters, and Malicious Meat-sacks: How Does the GOP Get Fixed?

as a last gasp of hope for the bill crystals and george wills etc.  (and many gop non-trump folk still attached to the party), and becuase i see more and more big-name non-trumper gopers voicing their positions with greater force, greater unity, in greater numbers, and with serious anti-trump messaging (even anti-trump campaigning per reelection) i am adding new suggestions for the fix in the hope that a useful salvage is still possible

i boiled it down to four final suggestions---duct tape, gorilla glue, bungee cords, and bondo---this is america dammit---make it work!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Jumbo changed the title to Freeing the GOP of Racists, Homophobes, Science-Deniers, Arrogant Ignorance, Sexism, Religious Nutters, Conspiracy Nutters, and Malicious Madmen: How Does the GOP Get Fixed?

Not gonna happen.  

The GOP has no desire to fix.  They're "winning".  They will continue doubling down on their routine, until it no longer wins.  

At which time, they will tweak the propaganda just enough to make it palatable again, while retaining as much of their "winning formula" as possible.  

If the GOP gets wiped in 2020, then they will conclude that Trump-level evil is slightly too far/open.  And they'll dial it back to W-level evil.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

as a last gasp of hope for the bill crystals and george wills etc.  (and many gop non-trump folk still attached to the party), and becuase i see more and more big-name non-trumper gopers voicing their positions with greater force, greater unity, in greater numbers, and with serious anti-trump messaging (even anti-trump campaigning per reelection) i am adding new suggestions for the fix in the hope that a useful salvage is still possible

The moment Trump is no longer a force in the party; these so called never Trumpers will revert back to their old ways.  

You can't fix a completely corrupt party.  They need to be wiped out.   What America truly needs is at least 3 viable parties.  You have your progressive party; which the Dem  party is slowly morphing into.  You have your so called conservative party.  Finally, something of a more centrist party in the middle that's neither to progressive or to conservative. 

• Like 1