Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

While it is a little encouraging to see some GOP leave the party over Trump, I would rather see them leaving the party due to the awful policies of the GOP because that is what will live on beyond Trump.  The next "Trump" is likely going to come with a smile & handshake.  They will learn from Trump's mistakes and become a much more ascetically pleasing Monster. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

While it is a little encouraging to see some GOP leave the party over Trump, I would rather see them leaving the party due to the awful policies of the GOP because that is what will live on beyond Trump.  The next "Trump" is likely going to come with a smile & handshake.  They will learn from Trump's mistakes and become a much more ascetically pleasing Monster. 

The guy in the Post article did cite the policy issues as a big reason and I think a lot of GOP leaving are citing policy issues as well. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I actually do give people a lot of credit when they leave the party. I think one of the toughest things for a lot of people is to admit to being wrong and taking action to course correct. 

I admit that probably the most mature way to do this. And probably most helpful as it doesnt help to fix something and have someone say I told you so. That said - I dont feel that way. Though admittedly, if I was having this discussion with them I would be more supportive and less of a dick about it. 

I dont know what it is about this website that makes me want to be a huge dick to everyone.....

• Haha 1

I think at this point it is pointless to point out the hypocrisy of the GOP and its voters.

It is a political party that has spent its entire modern existence whining about fiscal conservatism yet has been the most fiscally irresponsible every time it has assumed power. And yet, the base never goes anywhere or holds them accountable.

That is all you will ever need to understand about who the GOP is and how it basically treats it base as rabid morons who will support the party no matter what. Unaccountable to the public, not held accountable by its base of dimwits.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, superozman said:

Dan Crenshaw has been a solid breath of fresh air on the Republican side.  Uses twitter, clear and concise in thoughts.  Someone on that side to look for.  

Can you imagine all the sensitivity that will permeate through the the Republican party about cyclops jokes though? And then we will point out their silence on war hero jokes. And then the country will explode all over again. 

But yea hes hard not to like when compared to the rest of them. I dont know anything about his policies, but he carries himself well, and unfortunately thats a thing we have to want in public figures now. 

edit: **** all that. Quick google has him saying Trump didnt obstruct. Hard pass. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 3

Dan Crenshaw is a fully in the bag for Trump.  I haven't heard anything from him that comes off moderate at all.  Granted, I don't follow his musings daily, but I have seen his appearances on shows at times and......ugh. He comes off as another Trey Gowdy type. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Llevron said:

unfortunately thats a thing we have to want in public figures now. 

edit: **** all that. Quick google has him saying Trump didnt obstruct. Hard pass. 

Unfortunately it is.

And I have to admit i laughed at the "**** all that" line!  hahaha

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I think at this point it is pointless to point out the hypocrisy of the GOP and its voters.

It is a political party that has spent its entire modern existence whining about fiscal conservatism yet has been the most fiscally irresponsible every time it has assumed power. And yet, the base never goes anywhere or holds them accountable.

That is all you will ever need to understand about who the GOP is and how it basically treats it base as rabid morons who will support the party no matter what. Unaccountable to the public, not held accountable by its base of dimwits.

Agreed on all counts except that it MUST continually be pointed out. They will gaslight you if not.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:18 PM, superozman said:

Dan Crenshaw has been a solid breath of fresh air on the Republican side.  Uses twitter, clear and concise in thoughts.  Someone on that side to look for.  

You know a party is in trouble when the moderator of a racist Facebook group is considered a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, Cooked Crack said:

You know a party is in trouble when the moderator of a racist Facebook group is considered a breath of fresh air.

And the only activity was 2 videos, that he may not even have published to the page...I would reconsider your thoughts on that.  But if you want to believe that he was actively moderating that, that's on you.

4 minutes ago, superozman said:

And the only activity was 2 videos, that he may not even have published to the page...I would reconsider your thoughts on that.  But if you want to believe that he was actively moderating that, that's on you.

The guy is the same as all the rest. Is it his page? 

Edited by Hersh

4 hours ago, superozman said:

Thoughts the same as before. You haven't typed any new information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Conservatives need to get a new standard bearer for their "intellectuals."

Oh wait, you mean PWNING 19 year old college kids for a living doesn't translate to being competent when faced with questions from an adult?