Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Depth chart predictions and roster cuts caused by the FA and Draft acquisitions

DC Lumber Co.

3 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

Doctson is new to the mix.  Crowder and Davis/reed will be hold overs.  I think my concern is less as Cousins remains the leader that can bring it together.

On d Compton made calls, probably Blackmon for dbs.  Will it be Brown?  Foster?  Anderson?  Swearinger?  The trust needs to be built as to who takes charge.

Only reason I didn't include Doctson is that he'll (mostly?) know the offense, but you're right from a cohesion standpoint.  

29 minutes ago, nemocystem said:

We shall see....i wanted that upgraded for sure, & wanted Cunningham specifically for that reason, over Anderson.  I just think that despite what fans may believe, the staff likes Compton at that MILB spot, & they are ok with the support, & how it all fits Compton.  It's just a prediction.

I also predict that by week 6 (latest, post-bye), we have a different starting combo.  Don't know who will take over, but i don't believe it happens right away.

Cunningham was a tackle missing machine. I would have gladly taken him for the fact that it would ensure Compton never touches the field again, but not many would argue that in general Anderson > Cunningham.

I'd love to see Steven Daniels play next to ZB. The guy has a lot of London Fletcher in him. Even if Mason holds him off, I'm curious to see the effect on all players of ZB instead of Compton. I've pretty much given up hope on Spaight and his concussion and play-action fake issues.

Anderson isn't a MILB though, & for all this "missed tackles machine" stuff, he (being Cunningham) still led CFB in tackles.  This was all gone over in the draft thread, so i won't rehash it.  

Basically feel that if the team was intent on replacing Compton, then most assuredly...Cunningham gets taken instead of Anderson.  Anderson has a place on this tean...but his acquisition doesn't immediately impact Compton's imo.

14 hours ago, RawRebel said:

Is Keith Marshall a roster cut now?

He's in a precarious position for sure.  Theoretically, he brings something different from our other backs - a combination of size/speed/pass catching ability - and is the type of back I was hoping to get in the draft... a guy that is a touch more versatile than our current group.  Jones actually fits that mold as well, but... well, you know the rest.  

The good news (for him) is that if we keep 4, his availability is a bit less of a concern as the 4th back (assuming he stays healthy through final cuts).  

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Cunningham was a tackle missing machine. I would have gladly taken him for the fact that it would ensure Compton never touches the field again, but not many would argue that in general Anderson > Cunningham.

I'd love to see Steven Daniels play next to ZB. The guy has a lot of London Fletcher in him. Even if Mason holds him off, I'm curious to see the effect on all players of ZB instead of Compton. I've pretty much given up hope on Spaight and his concussion and play-action fake issues.

Loved watching Daniels' film.  Really excelled coming forward and taking on/shedding blockers.  Not so sure about him playing sideline to sideline or in coverage.  I think he'd be a nice thumper to partner/complement to Brown who'd come off the field on passing downs.  

14 minutes ago, nemocystem said:

Anderson isn't a MILB though, & for all this "missed tackles machine" stuff, he (being Cunningham) still led CFB in tackles.  This was all gone over in the draft thread, so i won't rehash it.  

Basically feel that if the team was intent on replacing Compton, then most assuredly...Cunningham gets taken instead of Anderson.  Anderson has a place on this tean...but his acquisition doesn't immediately impact Compton's imo.

Yeah, it's a bit overblown regarding Cunningham IMO.  Now if someone wants to argue angles were an issue (which led to barely getting his hands on guys), I could understand that a bit.  I think you could also argue though that he put himself in a position to make plays that many other linebackers couldn't - and that lead to a lot of close misses.  

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding Anderson and Compton - Anderson may get ILB reps at some point, but I have to believe he's an OLB for this year.  I think he'd excel as an early down ILB and moving to the outside in nickel and dime. That transition will take some time though.  

Daniels was intriguing, but we never got to see him play.  The idea of him in run support, considering all our issues in the run game, is not surprising.  

At the end of the day they moved on.  Must have stayed injured or shown little progress.  As long as the run D improves, I don't care who does it.

Kinda shocked Daniels didn't get to at least show what he had in another training camp. He had good grades from PFF in college and I thought he was a steal/excellent developmental guy.

Hope we didnt jump the gun on cutting him and to make the roster spot for Harvey-Clemons at dime linebacker. Or worse, cut him for simply being a Scot draft pick. I could see him eventually being a great thumper in a 3-4 for some other team.

I was gonna say I hope either he or Spaight overtake Compton in camp at mike next to Z.Brown but now Spaight is the only hope.

Luckily Spaight was my favorite out of the two, and could be an enforcer on the field if he puts it all together. Him and Anderson on the field is the type of nasty we need.

6 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

we can still place Daniels on PS, right?

It seems a little early for us to be sending people down to the PS way before the first round of cuts.

I think they would have waived him with an injury designation if that were the case as well, no?

I have my fingers crossed we could still bring him back for the practice squad eventually if this was strictly an injury related move. Maybe they didnt like his progress enough to think he'd be ready for camp. I dunno, im grasping here. Anyone know if he was out there for workouts lately?

also makes you wonder who we are making room for? Thats four more spots to bring people in for camp to get back up to the 90 man limit

I'm really hoping Spaight beats out Foster for the starting spot. I think if it's going to ever happen, this is the year it needs to happen. That dude is balls to the wall and can fire up the defense, unfortunately he didn't have his best game when he started (Philly I think?), but he needs to put that game behind him and start fresh. Looking at his 40 time, 4.88 seconds... is that for real? He looks like he should be faster than that. 

Let me say this again....we are a superbowl contender...period!

We are replacing DJax, Garcon, Jones, Baker, RJF, Ihenacho and Whitner with....

Pryor, Doctson, Quick, Perine, Allen, McLain, Mcgee, Swearinger and Cravens, Brown and Moreau.

This is a MASSIVE upgrade...bigger then any other team in the division...not even close...and we were a playoff caliber team prior to these changes.

I think Niles, DHall, Carrier, Matt Jones and either Harris or Grant will be gone

3 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

we can still place Daniels on PS, right?

Technically yes. Though the practice squad only exists once the season starts and you generally wouldn't place a guy in it that you didn't bother bringing to camp

18 hours ago, CTskin said:

I'd love to see Steven Daniels play next to ZB. The guy has a lot of London Fletcher in him. 

Great call CTskin. Dead on as always... smh (Daniels was cut a couple hours after this post)

Admittedly, it doesn't look bright for Ryan (Taylor Jacobs) Grant.

I do like Zach Pascal ... hope he pulls a Mo Harris type rabbit out of his ....!

He will have to go on PS.

Skins are loaded at TE, WR and RB.

3 QB's or not 3 QB's  ... that is the roster question. 

13 hours ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Let me say this again....we are a superbowl contender...period!

It's ok for fans to feel like this. 

I'd love to eat crow, but we haven't been that in..... we all know how long.  Hell, I'd just accept being playoff contenders.

We haven't won a playoff game in 12 years, with a ton of questions and hope.  Let's get through training camp and perhaps preseason and 8 weeks of the regular season before we start saying Superbowl.

But if you want to crown 'em, then crown their ass!

38 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

It's ok for fans to feel like this. 

I'd love to eat crow, but we haven't been that in..... we all know how long.  Hell, I'd just accept being playoff contenders.

We haven't won a playoff game in 12 years, with a ton of questions and hope.  Let's get through training camp and perhaps preseason and 8 weeks of the regular season before we start saying Superbowl.

But if you want to crown 'em, then crown their ass!

These Redskins are not who everyone thinks they are...and I'm not gonna let em off the hook if they are not a playoff team at a minimum.

This team definitely looks like it has the talent to get into the playoffs (and past the 1st rd), but the rest of the division is looking pretty strong too.  Gonna be tough to top the Giants and Cowboys, record-wise, and Philly isn't going to be a pushover.

Looking at the toughest opponents on the schedule, there isn't a team I'm scared of... or one that appears clearly more talented than the 'Skins.

The closest is probably Seattle, but that's more because the game will be at their stadium.  

21 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Looking at the toughest opponents on the schedule, there isn't a team I'm scared of... or one that appears clearly more talented than the 'Skins.

The closest is probably Seattle, but that's more because the game will be at their stadium.  

On that note, the schedule makers got us pretty good, as it seems they always do. Out of our non-divisional games, there are only three teams on our schedule that are MUCH easier to play when they're away, but of course we have to play each one of them in their stadium- Seattle, Saints, Chiefs.

On 5/2/2017 at 7:22 AM, Lloyds' Mongolian Beef said:

LT            T. Williams(15.20)      Nsekhe(.690)     

LG          Lauvao(5.00)     I. Williams(.465)     Patrick(.465)    

C             Long(1.991)     Rouillier(-)     Schooley(.465)

RG          Scherff(5.786)     Kouandjio(.745)    

RT           Moses(1.971)     Painter(.615)     Bowen(.465)     Kling(.465)

Rouiller should challenge for the LG spot. Guard is actually his primary position.

Also,Schooley has been cut. So, I see Roullier as LG (eventually), and simultaneously the backup C.
Or....Long could move back to LG, and Roullier start at C, when he's ready.

On 5/3/2017 at 6:55 AM, CTskin said:

Great call CTskin. Dead on as always... smh (Daniels was cut a couple hours after this post)

Yea, what could have been...

I was really big on Daniels' potential as our starting ILB.  Hope he doesn't make a habit of doing this for the Eagles:

steven-daniels-tackles.gif

OFFENSE:

OL: Trent Williams, Arie Kouandjio, Spencer Long, Brandon Scherff, Morgan Moses, Ty Nsekhe, Vinston Painter, Chase Roullier

QB: Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy, Nate Sudfeld

RB: Samaje Perine, Rob Kelley, Chris Thompson

WR: Terrelle Pryor, Josh Doctson, Jamison Crowder, Brian Quick, Maurice Harris, Robert Davis 

TE: Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle, Niles Paul

DEFENSE:

DL: Terrell McClain, Phil Taylor, Jonathan Allen, Anthony Lanier, Stacy McGee, Matt Ioannidis, Ziggy Hood

ILB: Zach Brown, Martrell Spaight, Mason Foster, Will Compton, Josh Harvey - Clemons

OLB: Ryan Kerrigan, Preston Smith, Junior Galette, Ryan Anderson, Trent Murphy

CB: Josh Norman, Kendall Fuller, (Bashaud Breeland - Nickel Back) Fabian Moreau, Quinton Dunbar

S: Su'a Cravens, DJ Swearinger, (DeAngelo Hall - pay cut) Deshazor Everett 

SPECIAL TEAMS:

K: Dustin Hopkins

P: Tress Way

LS: Nick Sundberg

PRACTICE SQUAD:

Keith Marshall

Mack Brown

Zach Pascal

Tyler Catalina

Kyle Kalis

Montae Nicholson