Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSN: Ex-NFL star Hernandez acquitted in Boston double murder

TheItalianStallion

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-nfl-star-hernandez-acquitted-in-boston-double-murder/ar-BBzQlvI?ocid=spartanntp

BOSTON (AP) -- Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez, already serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder, was acquitted Friday in a 2012 double slaying prosecutors said was fueled by his anger over a drink spilled at a nightclub.

More at the link

On 4/14/2017 at 6:47 PM, PokerPacker said:

Oh man, at first I thought this was about the one he had already been convicted for but had it overturned.

No, that's what his attorney for this case is aiming for next (he wasn't on the Odin Lloyd case) and since it's the same guy who got Casey Anthony acquitted, it may happen.

14 hours ago, hawgboy said:

No, that's what his attorney for this case is aiming for next (he wasn't on the Odin Lloyd case) and since it's the same guy who got Casey Anthony acquitted, it may happen.

It won't.

I find it curious the reaction. Am I wrong for not feeling anything about this?  Listening to Mike and Mike, you'd think Aaron Hernandez wasn't a murderous psychopath.  

I get recollections on the arc of the AH story, but the Facebook killer and AH aren't too far off, IMO. Except I'd bet AH might've killed more people  Nobody's calling the Facebook killer's life a "tragedy" and lamenting how he turned out.

On a side note, I don't get why the Patriots should have to issue a statement about whether they'll issue a statement over a guy they got rid of 4 years ago.

@justice98  I'm with you.  The only thing I feel is suspicious.  He literally just got acquitted of double homicide a few days ago and has the State Supreme Court looking into his earlier conviction and he up and kills himself?  I know stranger things have happened, but the timing makes it a little suspicious.  Any way, I've never been the one to feel remorse for a killer's or pedophile's life loss.  It feels more like justice than tragedy to me.

19 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

@justice98  I'm with you.  The only thing I feel is suspicious.  He literally just got acquitted of double homicide a few days ago and has the State Supreme Court looking into his earlier conviction and he up and kills himself?  I know stranger things have happened, but the timing makes it a little suspicious.  Any way, I've never been the one to feel remorse for a killer's or pedophile's life loss.  It feels more like justice than tragedy to me.

I dont find it particularly suspicious, cuz the man's entire adult life has been highly questionable decisions that don't make sense.  

And bring acquitted but still having they're of life in prison has gotta be disheartening.  On top of the tenuous mental state he was already probably in.  He may not have held out much hope on the appeal.  Lord knows how long that was gonna take.

And then I saw somebody point out that now, he no longer has "substances" to numb the pain.

"Hernandez's death comes the same day the Patriots are making their visit to the White House today to mark their Super Bowl win."  You know this has to have an effect on his psychological state.  He knows what he lost, and never to be regained.  He also knows, and really the only one, what he actually did.  He saw the end game for him and did not want to play anymore.  Just a sad series of events, horrible choices, really bad friends, and a wasted, well, everything.  Maybe it was just always inside of Aaron...just a hyper aggressive nature that made him excel in sports, but was a detriment to living life. Here is an interesting article that talks about a young Aaron and his aggressiveness.  It seems to give a glimpse into what he could become. Life is a fickle thing.  Regardless of all, it is just sad on many levels. Hail  http://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/reflecting-on-my-personal-terrifying-experience-with-a-young-aaron-hernandez/

2 hours ago, UK_HOG said:

It won't.

Ya know...sometimes I wonder if I curse people... 30 minutes before I found out Sean Taylor had been shot, I had just been discussing how the Skins needed him (he was on injury report if you recall), Then awhile  back I was talking to a guy in a bar about Leonard Cohen and 2 days later HE was dead.

Anyone wanna discuss ISIS/ Daesh top brass???

I don't feel anything for him personally but I certainly think it's a tragic tale. Throwing away a dream life and for what? I'm sure mental health issues played a part. And I feel for his daughter and of course his victims. 

And no, nothing suspicious. Maybe it was a guilty conscious, who knows. 

I think 4 years of military service should be compulsory.  I think it would solve a ton of unemployment and jail overcrowding.  Some people are not really a great fit for society but would be solid for military service.  Military discipline could help people learn discipline so they could fit into society later. 

5 hours ago, UK_HOG said:

It won't.

They might still.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-hernandezs-murder-conviction-could-be-vacated-after-his-death-041917

The shocking news that former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez had died of an apparent suicide on Wednesday morning could lead to the evacuation of his 2015 murder conviction.

Hernandez was appealing his first-degree murder conviction in the 2013 death of Odin Lloyd.

In Massachusetts, convictions are often vacated when a defendant dies before their appeal is heard.

According to the Boston Herald, his legal team is already working on it:

“I was doing research this morning,” said John M. Thompson, a state-appointed attorney who was representing Hernandez. “The first thing we have to do is get a death certificate. Once we have the official documentation, we will file the motion and see whether it’s contested.”

2 hours ago, hawgboy said:

Ya know...sometimes I wonder if I curse people... 30 minutes before I found out Sean Taylor had been shot, I had just been discussing how the Skins needed him (he was on injury report if you recall), Then awhile  back I was talking to a guy in a bar about Leonard Cohen and 2 days later HE was dead.

Anyone wanna discuss ISIS/ Daesh top brass???

Do you take requests?

Couldn't have happened to a better guy. I'll admit the timing is weird, seeing as how he just got off for a double murder that the evidence supports him actually committing, but its impossible to really know his mental state. He was already convicted and serving a life sentence without parole, and the odds of having that conviction overturned were virtually zero, making the recent acquittal moot.

It is a tragic tale, and should be a warning for future kids, but personally I feel nothing. I only feel bad for his victim(s).

This is all the local news stations are covering right now. We could have missiles from N. Korea raining down on us and these local clowns would still be all over the Hernandez story.

His legal team is insisting he did not commit suicide and have begun an investigation. Sources inside the facility say it is highly unusual for inmates to kill themselves in the manner he did. The hoopla will continue for a while I guess.

On 4/19/2017 at 9:07 AM, Taylor 36 said:

The only thing I feel is suspicious.  I know stranger things have happened, but the timing makes it a little suspicious.  

Choking himself to death does seem suspicious and even disloyal for an ex Patriot - that's a fate reserved solely for the Falcons.

7 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Choking himself to death does seem suspicious and even disloyal for an ex Patriot - that's a fate reserved solely for the Falcons.

And Tony Romo...

16 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Hre had "John 3:16" written on his forehead?....

I'm not sure if he had that, or the actual verse, written there. Given the size of his forehead, I'd say it was that and not the whole 116 character verse. But who knows?

Archived