Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

I won't agree that he is better. I will simply say that he got back to where he was. 

Nearly no one can connect the rhymes the way he does, with his flow, then you have to take in the lyrics...

Blown away that he can still do it. Thanks to whomever pointed it out to us. 

Download in process. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Maaaaaan, somebody posted a meme on FB that said “Drakeis the Nickelback of rap” and I, can’t, even

• :ols::ols::ols:

Dammit... I was coming to talk about how I actually didn't mind the album. I'm not trying to be associated with anything associated with Nickelback. Smh... 

• Sad 1

I’m glad that @Cooked Crack mentioned that it was half rap, half r/b.  As soon as I got to the second side, I skipped a few tracks, tried listening to the MJ joint, then moved on.

A couple songs on the rap side that are decent.  His cadence is the same on all the songs though, kinda like how all Nickelback songs sound the same.

Eminem's Revival album was one of the worst things I heard last year, but he can still kill a verse now and again. Although he loses me a bit on Caterpillar with the diarrhea bars.

Book of Ryan is a pretty good album. I would recommend it.

Em is still great lyrically, but he lost his flow somewhere. Em's flow used be one of his best assets, it was a deadly combo with his ability to flip rhyme schemes, now its just consistently awkward and annoying to the point that I really can't listen for any real amount of time.

Calling Drake the Nickleback of hiphop is pretty funny.  He hasn't been the same, imo, since the Take Care album and he was tight with The Weeknd. 

He'll always get crap for singing nearly as much as he raps, but the quality of his music hasn't been the same album wide since the one he got a Grammy for.

One of my lady friends loves scorpion, yall hate it, I'm not optimistic.  He's passed the "I don't want to change too much" phase, talented but directionless now, imo.

As I mentioned, if he's gonna embrace singing like this, we may have reevaluate his status as a rapper, and I like drake, all things considered.

Edited by Renegade7

• 1 month later...