Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Syria chemical attack victims gassed as they slept

visionary

3 minutes ago, techboy said:

Hypocrisy is a defining human characteristic. We're all hypocrites by nature. Actions can't really be judged by potential hypocrisy or we'd never be able to praise or condemn anything or anyone. The only reasonable path is to judge each situation on a case by case basis and use observations of hypocrisy to encourage self reflection and possible change.

It does in the sense that Trump logically cannot care about the children in Syria cause he doesn't care about the children in Yemen who he is actively supporting the ones(Saudis) killing them.  

Trump is doing the classic thing. Divert attention from the fact he is planning on handing all public wealth over to private billionaires by diverting attention to war.  He didn't invent it.

Just now, Blake Allyn said:

It does in the sense that Trump logically cannot care about the children in Syria cause he doesn't care about the children in Yemen who he is actively supporting the ones(Saudis) killing them.  

That's ridiculous, not the least because human emotions don't work that way.

The correct response here is not to condemn Trump for caring about Syrian children. It would be to attempt to get him to care about Yemeni children.

27 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Military action being our "thing". 

Yeah...no that's dumb.

Clearly you misunderstand. By our "thing" I simply mean something we are successful at. How could being successful as a nation at something as important as military action be "dumb" ?

I'll assume I wasn't clear and thus the miscommunication was on my part. Though, I thought that was obvious. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Clearly you misunderstand. By our "thing" I simply mean something we are successful at. How could being successful as a nation at something as important as military action be "dumb" ?

I'll assume I wasn't clear and thus the miscommunication was on my part. Though, I thought that was obvious. 

It might help if you knew that Asbury is a true pacifist.

19 minutes ago, techboy said:

That's ridiculous, not the least because human emotions don't work that way.

The correct response here is not to condemn Trump for caring about Syrian children. It would be to attempt to get him to care about Yemeni children.

I dont disagree.  That is not a bad point.  I would say

1. Does him firing missiles prove he cares about Syrian children?  US airstrikes have killed a lot of Syrian children.  I see arguments both ways here.

2.  Its hard to get him to care about Yemeni children when he is actively supporting their slaughter.

That being said, he isn't unique.  I am non-partisan.  Obama conducted himself the exact same way, and no doubt, Clinton would have.  

If I was in charge, I would put have the International Court try Assad in absentia as a war criminal, which he is.  Then I would proceed to have all nations, legally obligated, come to the aid of the Syrian people.  Naive, perhaps.  But this situation is so complex.

30 minutes ago, techboy said:

It might help if you knew that Asbury is a true pacifist.

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That does, actually. My bad @AsburySkinsFan that does color your opinion a bit if true. I Should have peeped that. 

A little more to it than that, but for all intents and purposes that'll do. Suffice it to say that I'm not a fan of 99.9% of military adventures. 

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

A little more to it than that, but for all intents and purposes that'll do. Suffice it to say that I'm not a fan of 99.9% of military adventures. 

I'm picking up what you are putting down, then. Understanding achieved *thumbs up* 

I dont see the type of damage I expected from 59 of our newest version tomahawk missiles. Apparently 1 failed and fell into the sea. Syria's curved airplane hanger things are completely in tact. 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/07/about-20-syrian-jets-destroyed-in-airstrike-defense-officials-say.html

The Russians are coming ... I imagine that will be the extent of Putins response, sending a warship but nothing more. 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/07/russian-warship-steams-toward-us-destroyers-that-launched-syria-strikes.html

3 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I used to be a Republican, and I'm hung, but I still can't stop being a jackass...

Actual laughter lol

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Same...well two out of three ain't bad I guess. I too am a former Republican who can't stop being a jackass.

More Lol. Yall gotta chill lol

At this point it looks like what was accomplished was a symbolic act that may not change anything except give Russia an excuse to escalate without any real gain for us or the Syrian people who were the real victims of cw attack.

Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg for what we have planned.  (Not necessarily in terms of strikes, but comprehensive)

31 minutes ago, twa said:

Nikki Haley is a joke.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

At this point it looks like what was accomplished was a symbolic act that may not change anything except give Russia an excuse to escalate without any real gain for us or the Syrian people who were the real victims of cw attack.

Hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg for what we have planned.  (Not necessarily in terms of strikes, but comprehensive)

Except for Israel, those supporters are all brutal dictators, the worst of which the Saudis, has killed quite a few Yemeni children and threatened the whole country with starvation.  Ahh the world!

28 minutes ago, visionary said:
Military Analysts vs Political Analysts

Another copycat Obama plan?

Yup, while the media is running around claiming how big this is and that North Korea is now on notice....not so much.

Oh @visionary did you just imply that Trump may have a larger more comprehensive plan???? ??‍♂️

Are we going to see another "it's Obama's fault" from the Administration regarding the ineffectiveness of this grand standing?

Archived