Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Russian Armor Floods Toward Border With Ukraine Amid Fears Of An "Imminent Crisis"

Trains loaded with large amounts of Russian military hardware, including tanks and other heavy armored vehicles, as well as heavy artillery, appear to be streaming toward the country's borders with Ukraine. There are unconfirmed reports that the scale of these movements is so significant that it has, to the dismay of Russian farmers, disrupted shipments of tractors and other agricultural equipment ahead of the spring harvest season. U.S. officials are now worried that a new major round of fighting between Russia and Ukraine may be imminent as a ceasefire is at risk of expiring tomorrow.

It's not entirely clear when the Russian buildup began, but video footage and other imagery reportedly showing armored vehicles and other military equipment on trains heading toward southwestern Russian has been appearing on social media since at least March 27, 2021. There have also been sightings of large ground convoys and groups of aircraft.

Click on the link for the full article

Kremlin says that any NATO troop deployment to Ukraine would raise tensions

The Kremlin said on Friday that any deployment of NATO troops to Ukraine would lead to further tensions near Russia’s borders and force Moscow to take extra measures to ensure its own security.

NATO voiced concern on Thursday over what it said was a big Russian military build-up near eastern Ukraine after Russia warned that a serious escalation in the conflict in Ukraine’s Donbass region could “destroy” Ukraine.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Friday that the situation at the contact line in eastern Ukraine between Ukrainian government forces and Russian-backed separatist forces was quite frightening and that multiple “provocations” were taking place there.

"You better not send any military to the place I'm sending my military!  Or else I will send more military, and claim it's your fault!"  

Ukraine to hold join military drills with NATO amid escalating tensions with Russia

Ukraine’s military announced Saturday that it will hold joint military drills with NATO troops later this year amid escalating violence with pro-Russian separatists in the eastern part of the country.

The armed forces said in a statement on Facebook that the drills will be held with more than 1,000 military personnel from at least five NATO member states in a few months.

“In particular, defensive actions will be worked out, followed by an offensive in order to restore the state border and territorial integrity of a state that has been subjected to aggression by one of the hostile neighboring countries,” the statement said, in an apparent reference to Russia. 

An exact date for the drills was not provided.

Moscow had preemptively rebuked any potential deployment of NATO personnel to Ukraine, warning that it would ramp up pressure along the border between the two countries.

And so goes the dance...

P5l_UB.gif

US considering sending WARSHIPS to Black Sea amid ‘increasing concern’ over Russian military build-up near Ukraine

THE UNITED States is considering sending warships to the Black Sea as a show of force against the Russians, who have move troops near the eastern border of Ukraine.

Defense officials within the federal government are considering the impact of such a move that would largely occur within the next few weeks, but are hoping to ultimately support Ukraine in an impending military advancement.

Although the US Navy often operates in the body of water, sending a number of warships to the area would send a clear message that the US is watching both Ukraine and Russia, a defense official said.

Due to a 1936 treaty that gave Turkey control of the straits to enter the body of water, the United States is required to give two weeks notice of its intentions before it sends ship in that direction.

Frankly, I'm ashamed that my country hasn't announced Ukraine's membership in NATO. 

Of all the ways I think my country has declined, internationally, I think that standing around and watching as Russian military literally invades another country is #1.  

(Trump's abandonment of the Kurds is up there, too.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Top Kremlin Mouthpiece Warns of ‘Inevitable’ War With U.S. Over Another Ukraine Land Grab

All-out cyberwarfare, nation-wide forced blackouts, and the targeted disruption of internet services—for one of the Kremlin’s top propagandists, all of those tactics are fair game in what she describes as a fated war-to-come against the U.S.

“War [with the U.S.] is inevitable,” declared Margarita Simonyan, editor in chief of the state-funded Russian media outlets RT and Sputnik, who believes the conflict will break out when, not if, Vladimir Putin moves to seize more territory from Ukraine.

• Sad 1