Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

• 2 weeks later...

Scary:

Trump Intelligence Chiefs Hid Evidence Of Russian Election Interference

Lost in the news on the day of Trump’s Insurrection was a devastating new watchdog report to Congress on the politicizing and distorting of intelligence during Donald Trump’s time in office.

The analytic ombudsman, career intelligence community veteran Barry A. Zulauf, determined that under Trump national intelligence reports had become highly politicized. Important findings were suppressed to appease Trump’s refusal to acknowledge Russian interference in American elections.

Zulauf’s unclassified report paints a frightening picture of just how much the Trump administration skewed intelligence to suppress knowledge of interference by Russia in our 2020 elections.

From March 2020, in the critical months leading up to the elections, Zulauf “identified a long story arc of—at the very least—perceived politicization of intelligence.”

Zulauf works in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), a Cabinet-level position created after the 9/11 terrorist attacks to oversee all U.S. intelligence operations. Zulauf’s job within the ODNI was created by Congress to assist analysts throughout the intelligence community with complaints and concerns about politicization, biased reporting or lack of objectivity in intelligence analysis.

While Zulauf tried to avoid specifically naming individuals responsible for much of the political heavy-handed rewriting, he repeatedly called out actions taken by two recent Trump appointees, neither who possessed any chops as intelligence experts.

One is a former acting director, Richard Grenell. He had been a Fox News commentator and Trump-appointed ambassador to Germany. He took over the ODNI in February 2020 then relinquished the post the following May.

The second was the Texas congressman Trump appointed to replace Grenell, John Ratcliffe. He is best known as a fervent defender of the ex-president in his first impeachment.

In one particularly egregious example, Zulauf wrote, Ratcliffe insisted on highlighting Chinese election interference while downplaying Russian efforts.

Trump refused on most days to sit for his intelligence briefing, a closely guarded summary of worldwide threats to America and its allies. The report is prepared by experienced analysts based on reports from 17 American intelligence agencies, which feed material to Central Intelligence Agency for consideration.

The Presidential Daily Brief is tailored to each sitting president’s style. Trump’s brief was reduced to simplistic points, often illustrated with graphics. Russian actions against the United States were often left out or described obliquely to avoid provoking Trump.

Trump would have found even simplified daily briefings difficult to grasp given his ignorance about geopolitical affairs and history. For example, he once asked aides if Finland was part of Russia. He met with the Baltic presidents and confused their countries with the Balkans.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Sad 2
  • 3 weeks later...

The thing that gets to me (well, one of the many), is the notion that we literally have a POTUS ordering the IC and the DOJ to cover up the fact that our nation is being attacked by Russia. And Barr actually does it, instead o investigating how POTUS got compromised. 

• Like 2

I guess Moscow Mitch's friends aren't happy with Biden:

Russian Backer Halts Funds in New Blow to U.S. Aluminum Project

The Russian company backing an aluminum project in Kentucky said it’s suspending investments as it waits for U.S. partners to raise funds, dealing a new setback to the billion-dollar-plus mill that was supposed to be completed last year.

United Co. Rusal International PJSC announced the move on Unity Aluminum, formerly known as Braidy Industries, in a call on Wednesday. Rusal has so far poured $65 million into the venture, which local officials have been counting on to bring hundreds of high-paying jobs to the region.

In 2019, Rusal announced its commitment to invest $200 million in the plant, which stirred up criticism as the decision came shortly after the U.S. Treasury Department lifted sanctions on Rusal and its parent company. A spokesman for Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, then majority leader, told the Washington Post that the lawmaker didn’t know at the time that Braidy had hopes of a deal with Rusal when he backed the effort to lift sanctions on the Russian company.

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, China said:

In 2019, Rusal announced its commitment to invest $200 million in the plant, which stirred up criticism as the decision came shortly after the U.S. Treasury Department lifted sanctions on Rusal and its parent company. A spokesman for Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, then majority leader, told the Washington Post that the lawmaker didn’t know at the time that Braidy had hopes of a deal with Rusal when he backed the effort to lift sanctions on the Russian company.

"When i intervened with the federal government on behalf of a foreign corporation currently under US sanctions for war crimes, I had no idea that there was something that would would help my constituents."

OK, Mitch. Since you had no clue it would help your constituents, what was your motive for intervening?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just goes to show our institutions are only as strong as the people who occupy them.  This idea that the system itself is equipped to automatically root out the snakes and slimeballs and/or traitors is unfortunately way off.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, Larry said:

"When i intervened with the federal government on behalf of a foreign corporation currently under US sanctions for war crimes, I had no idea that there was something that would would help my constituents."

OK, Mitch. Since you had no clue it would help your constituents, what was your motive for intervening?  

It's not helping his constituents unless you only count his donor constituents.

Way to be timely, gee it only took 7 years.

Group of Seven slams Russia annexation of Crimea, 7 years on

The Group of Seven major industrialized countries on Thursday issued a strong condemnation of what it called Russia’s ongoing “occupation” of the Crimean Peninsula, seven years after Moscow annexed it from Ukraine.

The foreign ministers of Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the U.S. said in a joint statement that Russia’s actions continue to “undermine Ukraine’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence.”

“We unequivocally denounce Russia’s temporary occupation of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the City of Sevastopol,” the seven countries said. “Russia’s attempts to legitimize it are not, and will not, be recognized.”

They accused Russia of human rights abuses on the peninsula and called for international monitors to be given access there.

Moscow has argued that Crimea was incorporated in 2014 after the vast majority of local residents voted for joining Russia weeks after the ouster of Ukraine’s former Russia-friendly president, even though most of the world rejected the referendum as illegitimate.

Russian President Vladimir Putin marked the anniversary by speaking to residents of Crimea via video link and also attended a concert in Moscow marking the event.

“It’s a holiday for our entire vast country,” he said at the Luzhniki sports arena. “It’s the restoration of historic justice. Every inch of that land is drenched in the blood of Russian and Soviet soldiers, this land is sacred for Russia.”

Sounds like a bunch of people are still sour that the vast majority of Americans felt "Sleepy Joe "OmG dImEnTiA" Biden" mopped the floor with Trump on a national stage, twice. 

• Like 3

The Science of Making Americans Hurt Their Own Country

The National Intelligence Council has released an unclassified report assessing, retrospectively, foreign threats to the 2020 election. It has a few twists and turns: The Iranian government attempted to run some kind of online influence campaign; the Chinese government considered doing the same but then dropped the idea. But most of the report is about Russia. Unlike in 2016, Russian intelligence operatives weren’t in the business of hacking and leaking this time around. Instead they concentrated on planting what they would call kompromat. The NIC focuses in particular on the activity of Andriy Derkach, a Russian agent and Ukrainian citizen who used former President Donald Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, to spread disinformation about Joe Biden and his family. The report also mentions Konstantin Kilimnik, another Russian agent, who was playing the same game.

When I read the report, my instinctive reaction was I know all of this already. No wonder the story is familiar—most of it appeared in newspapers as it was unfolding. Giuliani’s contacts with Derkach can’t be described as an open secret, because they weren’t secret at all. In 2019 the two men appeared together on the One American News Network, a far-right channel that breathlessly described Derkach as part of a group of “actual whistleblowers,” talked about the “impeachment hoax,” and referred to the FBI’s “personal hatred for Donald Trump.” Giuliani and Derkach provided the channel with doctored tapes and other material designed to create the impression that Biden was somehow involved in corruption in Ukraine.

Kilimnik, too, has become an old and familiar face in American politics, one that appears in election after election. During the 2016 campaign, Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager, passed polling information to him. Although this fact turned up in former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of the 2016 election, nobody has ever explained why Kilimnik wanted this polling information or what he might have done with it. Now here he is, back again, front and center in 2020. The new report says that—in addition to providing kompromat to OANN—Kilimnik, Derkach, and others “met with and provided materials to Trump administration–linked US persons to advocate for formal investigations; hired a US firm to petition US officials; and attempted to make contact with several senior US officials.”

All of that helps explain why my second reaction was If I know this already, and none of it seems to matter, then something is seriously wrong with the American political system. If the link between Russian security services and the stories about the Biden family was bleedingly obvious at the time, why did anyone go along with it? Why were American journalists, American politicians, and the American president’s advisers messing around with Russian intelligence agents?

The problem is not only the outgrowth of the peculiar climate created by Donald Trump—however simple and satisfying such an explanation might be. Think, for a moment, about why the Russian state indulges in this kind of activity, year in and year out, despite the political costs and the risk of sanctions: Because it’s very cheap, it’s very easy, and a lot of evidence suggests that it works.

For decades now, Russian security services have studied a concept called “reflexive control”—the science of how to get your enemies to make mistakes.

• Like 1

Russia warns it will 'have to react' if Bosnia moves to join NATO

Russia will react if Bosnia takes steps towards joining NATO because Moscow would perceive this as a hostile act, the Russian embassy in Bosnia said in a statement on Thursday.

Bosnia has long proclaimed integration with NATO and the European Union as strategic goals. But the Bosnian Serbs, led by pro-Russian Milorad Dodik who currently chairs the country’s tripartite presidency, want the country to remain neutral and stay out of the U.S.-led military alliance.

“In the case of practical rapprochement of Bosnia and Herzegovina and NATO, our country will have to react to this hostile act,” the embassy said.

It continued that the purpose of NATO was a “fight against Russia” and joining NATO will force Sarajevo to take a side in the “military-political confrontation”.

Not hilarious, not bizarre.
it is predictable, and deadly serious.

Russia isn't backing one side over another here. 
They simply want us to divide to the point of violence and civil war.

How do you piss off the right?
Create leftist content, then use your controlled right wing media to complain about it.

After trump it's fertile ground for violence, as we know and as we see.

Long ago when i started with the "toldya" bit..  I said people need to remember who they are and what they want, and what they want is the end of US.

They always have, and they have never made any bones about it. 

frankly, I'm for banning any and all of their state content from our media. Ic say if the Russians are funding it and it in any way is political, it should be silenced. Any news media at all that has Russian investment should be immediately shut down until they are completely divested, if not permanently. If they are caught spreading Russian propaganda, close them permanently. 
Because regardless of which side of their mouths the Russians are speaking they are attacking us and all we stand for. Every single word is meant to further damage our nation.
the fact they are using our own rights against us should not be a factor. 
They do not have our rights. They are not us.

Still and always, the greatest threat to this planet is the Russians, and now more than ever.

High time we remember this.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Bang said:

Still and always, the greatest threat to this planet is the Russians, and now more than ever.

Think I'd vote for China.  Simply because they seem to be more organized and functional.  

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Larry said:

Think I'd vote for China.  Simply because they seem to be more organized and functional.  

Our National Security apparatus (whatever you want to call the whole entire thing) agrees for what its worth. The Russians are bad guys. Bad actors moving in a even worse direction with a really bad dude at the top. But China has the will and more importantly the money to actually hurt us in ways we have never been hurt. And they are clearly authoritarian. Like in a "I kill my own people for fun, what do you think I will do to you when I have the power to choose your fate?" type of way. 

Russia is bad, China is much, much worse. 

WHICH IS WHY WE NEED TO FIND HUNTER BIDENS ****ING LAPTOP

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 1