Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, twa said:

While we await the future rulings

Dersh has had some weird opinions when it comes to Trump. This is an odd comparison, seeing as how McCarthy didn't have an entire Special Counsel report documenting communist activities by people he subpoenaed, nor did he have multiple testimonies under oath from others corroborating that those people were communists and working to subvert the USA. Also, being a communist or believing in that ideology isn't illegal. Obstructing justice is, so is tax fraud, so are emoluments violations.

In this case we have tons of evidence sitting there staring us in the face indicating that Trump is absolutely not on the up and up and that he may very well have committed crimes while in office and may very well have a compromised financial situation that could affect how he handles policy decisions. Really not feeling this comparison. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

We have tons of evidence and Nancy wants to wait?

You know as well as I do that her position is mostly a political one. She's quite aware that Trump could literally be an honest to god serial killer and Senate Republicans wouldn't vote to remove him from office as long as he still had his base's support. That being said, there's still plenty of evidence gathering that can be done, and probably should be done, before going full bore on impeachment in order to make it as airtight a case as possible.

The problem is that the White House is now going all out to obstruct Congress's efforts to follow the evidence trail and gather that additional information. 

• Like 1

Seems fairly obvious Trump would like to push the Dems to start impeachment hearings without having the aid of all the documents they have requested, which would 100% assist them in laying out a more thorough case for why the President should be impeached.   

• Like 2

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Seems fairly obvious Trump would like to push the Dems to start impeachment hearings without having the aid of all the documents they have requested, which would 100% assist them in laying out a more thorough case for why the President should be impeached.   

But they have a better chance of getting them by starting impeachment hearings.

Or are they just fishing now in hope of landing a fish?

Journalists shouldn't be concerned just yet.  We'll need to see the facts he's being prosecuted with.

If he's being prosecuted for being a passthrough platform for some American whistleblower, okay, then I could see the potential problems.

But if he's being prosecuted for publishing information he knowingly received from a foreign government, then **** him.

Anyways, this week has been lit since the moment Trump mentioned the "I" word, and I don't mean impeachment.

its_lit-300x300.jpg

Also, I don't have too much sympathy for the Chelsea Manning situation.  They went above and beyond in trying to get classified data to Assange, and Assange seems to have knowingly participated.

You publish, then you PUBLISH.  Once you start extracting, directly or indirectly, you take on the liability.

Edited by DogofWar1

I keep seeing people saying the authority being given to Barr is unprecedented and this concerns me a lot.  We know Barr is a toadie, and while the Mueller report sits there redacted, he will be weaponizing cherry picked intel against Americans to protect himself.

The plan is to send all information to Barr, who will then comb through it for things that can be cherry picked to build the narrative that the US should have never investigated a US Presidential campaign which is actually boasting that they're receiving aid from the Russian military intelligence.  And will then declassify the cherry picked things that they think can be spun into that.  

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

The plan is to send all information to Barr, who will then comb through it for things that can be cherry picked to build the narrative that the US should have never investigated a US Presidential campaign which is actually boasting that they're receiving aid from the Russian military intelligence.  And will then declassify the cherry picked things that they think can be spun into that.  

maybe we can get another special counsel?

Edited by twa
tequila

This is just extraordinarily dangerous. Shame, shame, shame on anyone who supports this authoritarian madness.

Every nutjob thing the R’s projected onto Obama is actually happening x100 with Dump.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1