Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I'm really really curious what the hell the Trump camp has on Graham. 

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

"Unless you're involved in investigating something that might expose, embarrass, or hurt the feelings of Donald Trump, then you can **** right the hell off"

Edited by mistertim

**** Lindsey Graham. The man stands for nothing, and anything he says is followed by his backslide into the swamp.

so if congressmen or senators 'go to bat' for trump Jr, and he is eventually arrested for a crime, then they are aiding and abetting, no?

~Bang

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bang said:

**** Lindsey Graham. The man stands for nothing, and anything he says is followed by his backslide into the swamp.

so if congressmen or senators 'go to bat' for trump Jr, and he is eventually arrested for a crime, then they are aiding and abetting, no?

~Bang

Yeah I find it fascinating that the most ostensibly religious Republican lawmakers in the House and Senate turn out to essentially be almost stereotypical nihilists in practice. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I find it fascinating that the most ostensibly religious Republican lawmakers in the House and Senate turn out to essentially be almost stereotypical nihilists in practice. 

Yep. The article about the Chief Nihilist linked below is good: 

Nihilist In Chief

• Like 1

Matt Gaetz is a ****ing troll who happens to be in the U.S. Congress.  Let him talk to his idol Donald Trump about any perceived lack of response to Russian interference.   He would be crushed when any critical comment he makes results in Trump turning on him. 

So can someone explain to me the whole "We aren't turning over any documents because congress has no legislative purpose" thing?  Is there precedence for this kind of response?  Is this even a real thing or is it just being made up as it goes in order to further obstruct?  

We seem to all assume this is going to the courts eventually, but is the law on this type of thing not already pretty clear or am I missing a gray area in it somewhere that lets the White house (and others) simply refuse subpoenas?

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So can someone explain to me the whole "We aren't turning over any documents because congress has no legislative purpose" thing?  Is there precedence for this kind of response?  Is this even a real thing or is it just being made up as it goes in order to further obstruct?  

We seem to all assume this is going to the courts eventually, but is the law on this type of thing not already pretty clear or am I missing a gray area in it somewhere that lets the White house (and others) simply refuse subpoenas?

Running out the clock and maybe get lucky in the courts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Running out the clock and maybe get lucky in the courts.

I understand that is their strategy.  What I am asking is if there is any actual merit to their argument.  Has this been successfully argued before or furthermore, is it even up to the President and his lawyers to make the self-determination that "there is no legislative purpose?"