Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

28 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Might be more appropriate for the tech thread, but relevant here.

Kaspersky's 'Slingshot' report burned an ISIS-focused intelligence operation

I'm not sure I'd condemn Kaspersky for this one. It looks like:. 

1). The US has compromised thousands of devices in the ME and Africa, and is using these compromised systems to gather intel on ISIS and similar threats, for years. 

2). Kaspersky noticed the compromised systems, identified it as malware, and began fighting it. 

Isn't that kinda the business they're in?  

I mean, what do we expect them to do?  Should the NSA or whoever send them a note that says "Hey, that's one of our classified things. Whitelist it."?  (Obviously, we can't do that without giving classified info to a Russian company). 

Edited by Larry

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/us/politics/john-dowd-resigns-trump-lawyer.html

John Dowd Resigns as Trump’s Lead Lawyer in Special Counsel Inquiry

By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MAGGIE HABERMANMARCH 22, 2018

WASHINGTON — The president’s lead lawyer for the special counsel investigation, John Dowd, resigned on Thursday, according to two people briefed on the matter, days after the president called for an end to the inquiry.

Mr. Dowd, who took over the president’s legal team last summer, had considered leaving several times in recent months and ultimately concluded that Mr. Trump was increasingly ignoring his advice, one of the people said. Under Mr. Dowd’s leadership, Mr. Trump’s lawyers had advised him to cooperate with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, who is investigating Russia’s election interference and possible ties to Trump associates as well as whether the president obstructed the inquiry.

(more in link)

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

1). The US has compromised thousands of devices in the ME and Africa, and is using these compromised systems to gather intel on ISIS and similar threats, for years. 

2). Kaspersky noticed the compromised systems, identified it as malware, and began fighting it. 

I mean, what do we expect them to do?  Should the NSA or whoever send them a note that says "Hey, that's one of our classified things. Whitelist it."?  (Obviously, we can't do that without giving classified info to a Russian company). 

I agree with you, that is what they are supposed to do. I think it just shows that there's no level of cooperation, whereas there might have been some a while back. I think it's retaliatory for us flagging them as potentially hostile and working with the Russian govt. when their software was discovered scraping and copying files from and NSA contractor's laptop. Just another front we're fighting on..

Edited by SoulSkin

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

Hard to follow that logic without considering their past. And once you add that in its easy to be skeptical. 

But in the end you may be right tbh

See I actually Trump would sit down with Mueller if his team of handlers allowed it, because Trump is absolutely that idiotic.  His handlers know they can't let it happen, otherwise Trump will contradict himself so many times with lies that Mueller could wrap up his case on the spot right after the interview, slam dunk. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

See I actually Trump would sit down with Mueller if his team of handlers allowed it, because Trump is absolutely that idiotic.  His handlers know they can't let it happen, otherwise Trump will contradict himself so many times with lies that Mueller could wrap up his case on the spot right after the interview, slam dunk. 

Yea he's dumb enough but he's also a ****ing coward and I'm willing to bet that ways much higher on his decision making flow chart.