Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Hillary testified for 11 hours, under oath, before Congress. This is taking this email crap to the extreme given that Trump's own children serving as his advisors use unsecured phones, including Trump himself. 

And we now know why Mitch refused to fill judge vacancies under Obama, yet now can't get them filled fast enough.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

And we now know why Mitch refused to fill judge vacancies under Obama, yet now can't get them filled fast enough.

You are so right. I pretty much hate Republicans because if they are supporting their party they are ruining our country. I have been watching them for decades, they are all suspect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep. Judge Reggie Walton basically called Barr a liar, said he can’t trust that the redactions made to the Mueller report by the DOJ were warranted, and that he would have to check the redactions himself.

Pretty strong rebuke by a sitting judge to a U.S. Attorney General.

• Like 3

I mean was there any doubt any of this was true?  It was pretty evident that Barr's press conference and the "Barr Summary" was purposely done in order to give right-wing media the fuel to make the false claims that "all was good" when anyone who read the actual report (even with all the redaction) could see there was some kind of collusion going on between the campaign and Russian officials. 

The unfortunate part is that none of it will matter.  I am sure more will come out in the future, perhaps even the full detailed story of what went on, but by then it will be too late.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

The unfortunate part is that none of it will matter.  I am sure more will come out in the future, perhaps even the full detailed story of what went on, but by then it will be too late.

Not too late for the history books. There’s some small comfort knowing that history will not look kindly on Trump and all his lackeys and enablers. 

He so wants that fact to change, and I’m glad knowing that it eats at him that he can’t change it, no matter how much he lies and denigrates truth tellers. 

He’ll carry that frustration and resentment to his grave. 

• Like 2

I’m in Jupiter, Florida. I just met Barry Berke at the Nats Marlins spring training game. He's the attorney who shredded Corey Lewandowski during the House Judiciary Impeachment Hearings. His 30 minute interrogation after Lewandowski spent all morning arrogantly stonewalling sitting members was a satisfying moment during those hearings. He got him to admit that he lied to the media and had him say he felt no need To tell the truth to the media. I shook his hand, told him thanks, and said history will be kind to his efforts. 

Edit: Nats are getting crushed 7-3. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 6

Coming soon to a country you live in.

we should have a pool..  pick the Republican that sponsors the amendment.

I'd pick Louie Gohmert, but i'm in another pool hoping he dies from Coronavirus.

I'll go Matt Gaetz.

~Bang

This is worth looking back at.  It got lost in the ****-storm a-day environment of the Trump campaign and early days of his administration.  Back in normal times, it would have sunk a Presidential campaign.  But in the cuckoo World of Donald Trump, it is just another existential Donald Trump lie. 

From BuzzFeed News:

As a candidate, Donald Trump had a lot of praise for Vladimir Putin — and no business, he kept insisting, in Russia. These documents tell a different story.

When Michael Cohen, the president’s former lawyer and longtime fixer, testifies before Congress this week, one topic that is likely to be front and center is his work on Trump Moscow, the over-the-top luxury real estate venture he helped spearhead leading up to the election.

The development, which was never built, has already become a focus for special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into potential collusion between Trump and Russia during the 2016 campaign. And when Cohen was convicted last November of lying to Congress, it was over his false testimony that the deal had fizzled in January 2016, well before Trump emerged as the Republican nominee.

BuzzFeed News is today publishing a cache of internal Trump Organization documents that lay bare the secret negotiations that continued long after Cohen claimed the deal had been abandoned. The documents, many of which have been exclusively obtained by BuzzFeed News, reveal that — despite Trump’s claim that the development was never more than a passing notion — the effort to get the tower built was long-running, detail-oriented, and directly entwined with the ups and downs of his campaign.

As Trump went from rally to rally, vociferously denying any dealings in Russia, his representatives, Michael Cohen and his associate Felix Sater, worked with Trump Organization lawyers and even Ivanka Trump to push forward negotiations to build a 100-story edifice just miles from the Kremlin. The fixers believed they needed Putin’s support to pull off the lucrative deal, and they planned to use Trump’s public praise for him to help secure it. At the same time, they plotted to persuade Putin to openly declare his support for Trump’s candidacy. “If he says it we own this election,” Sater wrote to Cohen.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/azeenghorayshi/trump-tower-moscow-the-secret-files-cohen-sater-putin

Here is the actual  correspondence showing the negotiations for the project continued long after Trump lied about "no business with Russia," along with detailed architectural renderings of the anticipated project, which would have been the largest ever completed by the Trump organization and would have resulted in the tallest building in Europe.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5719169-Trump-Moscow.html

TL:DR - Trump lies.  About everything.

• Like 1