Jumbo

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

look for angry orange tweets

I was thinking that there ought to be some kind of code word for that.  

And I'm thinking.  I think there was some kind of sci-fi movie that involved a PA announcement of "Condition Bright Orange", I think it was.  But I can't think of the movie.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I was thinking that there ought to be some kind of code word for that.  

And I'm thinking.  I think there was some kind of sci-fi movie that involved a PA announcement of "Condition Bright Orange", I think it was.  But I can't think of the movie.  

I tried to Google it and all the top hits were about what to do if you have orange poop, discharge, etc. I hate the internet.

Still on point for the metaphor probably though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, visionary said:

They talked about adoption.  

• Like 2

I can see American policy turning away from Ukraine at the direction of Trump and based not on any strategic thinking, but on the fact that Ukraine has been a pain in his ass for the last year, and that it would reduce personal friction with Vladimir Putin.  Nothing more, nothing less.  As Gordon Sondland told us, Trump doesn't give a **** about Ukraine. 

It's just another frightening prospect of having someone as capricious, vain, compulsive and ignorant in the White House.

We'll see how this administration reacts to Russia's latest escalation.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 3:56 AM, visionary said:

is there ANY chance that  russian money wasn't laundered through the trump organization somewhere from 1995 through 2016?    any chance at all??

Trump organization was famously pegged "king of debt"  (by none other than Donald Trump)

•  
  • and then defaulted on ALL of their debtors, until nobody would lend to them ....EXCEPT...  
  •  
  • ... suddenly deutsche bank started lending massive amounts to the Trump organizaion again, even though the trump organization had defaulted on ALL previous deutsche bank loans ,,, and in the last couple of years deutsche bank  has been found guilty of laundering massive amounts of dirty russian money during that time period.   ( and deutsche bank was the only bank that would lend to the Trumps during that time period)
  •  
  • AND throw in the fact that in 2009 ALL overly leveraged companies were ripped to shreds by not being able to obtain or roll over debt during the financial crisis  (all of them)
  •  
  • but.... suddenly an organization that had ALWAYS relied on debt, and had declared bankruptcy on numerous occasions (which involves the courts tearing out all equity value to distribute to defaulted debt obligations)   was suddenly flush with internal equity infusions from undisclosed sources???  

is there ANY chance that there isn't laundered Russian money in the Trump organization?     really ...even a 1% chance?

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

^^^ Is it any wonder Trump has been fighting like hell not to have his tax returns released?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They don't even care if we know. The GOP will cover for ANY of it. 

Sold down the river. That is where we are.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think I have ever wanted to see another person behind bars more than Donald Trump. I can’t think of a single person. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I don’t think I have ever wanted to see another person behind bars more than Donald Trump. I can’t think of a single person. 

Jeffrey Epstein a contender?

I think there's at least a few on Capitol Hill who I might rank higher. I think a case could be made that Trump qualifies for leniency due to mental defect. But, say, Skippy?  Nunes?  At least in my mind, those two were perfectly rational, and intentionally did things that I'm not sure Trump knows were wrong. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think there's at least a few on Capitol Hill who I might rank higher. I think a case could be made that Trump qualifies for leniency due to mental defect. But, say, Skippy?  Nunes?  At least in my mind, those two were perfectly rational, and intentionally did things that I'm not sure Trump knows were wrong. 

Thats fair. I didn’t include Epstein because by the time I knew I hated him he was on his way to jail. I missed his entire first time through this. 

I was thinking R. Kelly maybe. But even still. I dunno. I’m glad I don’t have to make that choice. 

We may agree on Skippy tho 🐢💀 

Edited by Llevron

13 hours ago, Larry said:

I still can't understand why Nunes isn't being vigorously investigated for working the Ukraine situation while presiding over the House impeachment meetings. If that doesn't epitomize conflict of interest and illegal activity then... ah, never mind. we're in the Twilight Zone.

• Like 1

^^^ And the prosecution team... the NEW prosecution team,  is agreeing with her.  Also the new team just apologized to the court for the confusion caused by the DOJ over the sentencing recommendation snafu, saying the confusion was not caused by the original prosecution team and that they had authorization to submit the original recommendation.

That sounds to me like a slap in the face to William Barr.

• Like 4

Judge Amy Berman Jackson: “This case did not arise because Roger Stone was being pursued by his political enemies. It arose because Roger Stone characteristically injected himself smack into the middle of one of the most significant issues of the day."

It sounds like she's gonna throw the book at him.

• Like 2

Forty months sounds about right.  We'll see how much he actually serves though...

she gave roger 40 months...which doesn't upset me...i had figured 3-4 years even before the latest brouhaha in terms of comparing to similar cases...

nonetheless, if taking roger to florida to use him to troll for alligators been a possible sentence, i'd have supported it enthusiastically for the kind of human he's been....harsh maybe, but it's the circle of life and all that

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Judge Amy Berman Jackson:

Stone “was not prosecuted for standing up for the president; he was prosecuted for covering up for the president.”

and

“The truth still exists, the truth still matters. Roger Stone’s insistence that it doesn’t, his belligerence, his pride in his own lies are a threat to our most fundamental institutions, to the foundations of our democracies. If it goes unpunished it will not be a victory for one political party; everyone loses.”

Thank you, Judge Jackson,

• Like 7