Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So from what I understand, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, is Putin is shifting power to the PM role with the assumption that he will go back to that spot.  And everyone resigned so that as President, he could do that.

Pretty much. It is basically changing the rules to set himself up with more power in a new role.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:15 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

So from what I understand, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, is Putin is shifting power to the PM role with the assumption that he will go back to that spot.  And everyone resigned so that as President, he could do that.

Well, it's not like it's the first time.  He had two terms as Russian president from 2000 to 2008, then was Prime Minister from 2008 to 2012.  He then moved back to President from 2012 until now.  Just reverting back to PM, and then it'll be another stint as President.  Same as it ever was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, China said:

Well, it's not like it's the first time.  He had two terms as Russian president from 2000 to 2008, then was Prime Minister from 2008 to 2012.  He then moved back to President from 2012 until now.  Just reverting back to PM, and then it'll be another stint as President.  Same as it ever was.

But this time he will have a lot more power as PM, correct?  That was the reason for this whole thing.

The Billion-Dollar Disinformation Campaign to Reelect the President

How new technologies and techniques pioneered by dictators will shape the 2020 election

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/03/the-2020-disinformation-war/605530/?fbclid=IwAR1IeEBVq-7Lz6-OSa_b2vd_ZLJTlfzi31avkPIFfcj5-Q0r1sjqZADZoZc

Brad Parscale’s ‘Death Star’: Trump campaign manager has built a $1 billion disinformation machine. Here’s how to beat it

https://www.alternet.org/2020/02/brad-parscales-death-star-trump-campaign-manager-has-built-a-1-billion-disinformation-machine-heres-how-to-beat-it/?fbclid=IwAR0EyXzQv_L6An3pIbJ86eQP3HWGbR1i6cXGD-5TUqBbs_ehNFa2cuNmOew