Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Whatever it is will make no difference to his supporters.  He will ignore anything The house throws his way and the Justice Dept. will back him up. They have lost all independence and are now Trumps personal defense lawyers. 

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 2

lol Fox News had Matthew Whitaker on to shill for Trump. That dip**** former acting AG and scam artist. And of course what did he say?

"This is a clear example of someone from the Deep State ... from the intelligence community," Whitaker said on "The Story with Martha MacCallum." "It was completely overblown. ... It will be a big nothing burger."

Told you. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, Llevron said:

I still dont really understand exactly how he did this. I feel like Fox did alot of the work for him years in advance but that doesn't explain all of it. 

Its going to be an amazing lesson in history and psychology one day. People will study this **** for decades i bet. 

I keep reflecting on the revelation I had, listening to Rush Limbaugh, back during the Reagan administration.  

The theme of his show, which he releated every 15-20 minutes for the entire show was along the lines of:

Now, the liberal propaganda machine is going to be telling people something for the next few days.  They're going to tell you that the federal deficit set a new record last year, just like it did the year before that, and the year before that.  

Abd this is proof that the entire liberal media is nothing but a propaganda machine for the extreme left.  Because the liberal media wants you to think that the deficits that have set records for three years in a row, are because we passed the largest tax cut in history, while also passing the biggest peacetime increase in military spending in history.  And that's why you should ignore every single thing that the news tells you except me.  Because I'm going to tell you The Truth.  

The US Constitution specifically states that all federal deficits are caused entirely by Congress, and the President is not responsible for them in any way whatsoever.  

And I realized.  This isn't reporting.  It's not commentary.  This is brainwashing.  He's literally instructing his audience to ignore reality.  Giving them an excuse to ignore the reality they don't want to admit.  (Oh and by the way, the excuse he's giving them, to ignore reality?  It's a flat out lie, too.)  

And then I saw the pattern over and over again, over the following months.  

Now, your liberal friend are going to be telling you things, and you should ignore them.  There's this guy, and he's telling the liberal media all kinds of dirty things about what's going on in the Reagan White House.  Lobbyists.  Corruption.  Deliberate incompetence.  And you should ignore all of it.  

Because the person who's saying these things?  He's a current insider in the Reagan White House.  And as we all know, if he had any integrity at all, he should resign instead if saying these terrible things in public.  And since he hasn't resigned, then you should ignore every thing he says that you don;t like.  

Followed a few months later by:

Now, you all are going to hear more tell-all gosip about the Reagan White House.  And the liberal media is going to release a lot of scandalous things about it.  And you should all ignore it because . . . 

Because the person who's saying it resigned from the Reagan White House, and therefore he's a former employee, and we all know that you can't believe a single thing that's said by a former employee.  

Followed a few weeks later by:  

Now, there's going to be more rumors and gossip coming out from another Reagan White House insider, and you should ignore all of it, because . . . 

Because there's rumors that the source is thinking about writing a book.  

And it became obvious that it seemed like a third of his show consisted of programming his audience on which parts of reality they should ignore.  

And the reasons why they should ignore reality?  They don't even make sense.  Really?  He might be writing a book?  And we all know that you can't trust books.  Books are evil.  Don't read.  Ever.  

And seriously?  The media is biased, because they're going to report a fact (the deficit set anther record), and they won't follow it up with an untrue claim about how you should all think about that fact?  That makes them too biased to listen to?  

And it's been going on for almost 40 years, that I know of.  

The Republican Party has spent 40 years intentionally programming people that "It's a choice" is a valid answer to "Why are you trying to pass a constitional amendment whose sole purpose is to deny equal treatment under the law for a dislikec minority?"  Or that soliciting election help from a hostile foreign government's inteligence service is perfectly OK unless you have a recording of the meeting that contains "collusion".  

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Larry said:

The Republican Party has spent 40 years intentionally programming people 

They have been cultivating an alternative reality.  And at the root of almost all of it has been ways to convince the middle class to vote for policies that consolidate more money to the wealthy, while at the same time blaming the lower class for middle class resources disappearing.

The truth is the media was never "liberal" in the first place. (I am talking pre-cable news/infotainment era) It's just that conservatives didn't want to deal with reality, so they created their own space in media, beginning with AM radio, which eventually led to Fox news, and now their presence online. 

This is why you see to this day people voting against Democrats despite actually agreeing with them on most issues down the line.  The GOP has poisoned the brand successfully, despite having nothing to offer on the actual issues.  Every election cycle they look for 1-2 "Culture War" wedge issues they can pound away at to distract from everything else. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This is why you see to this day people voting against Democrats despite actually agreeing with them on most issues down the line.  The GOP has poisoned the brand successfully, despite having nothing to offer on the actual issues.  Every election cycle they look for 1-2 "Culture War" wedge issues they can pound away at to distract from everything else. 

"I vote Republican because I care abut deficit spending."  

29 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I expect nothing to come from this whistleblower business.  Maybe some ancillary people or people on the periphery will get in trouble and take the fall, but Trump will skate, as usual.  

Be weary of anything that's public headline news during President Tabloids reign. How many whistle blower complaints do you think there have been under this WH? Probably drowning in them.... as they go directly nowhere to people who do nothing with them except warn Trumps lawyers. 

At the end of the day, smoking gun in hand.... what, Bill Barr or Chris Wray are going to show up at the WH with handcuffs? 

As for Congress.. . they have to actually prove Trump did something... Not just promised or said. Have ya'll seen these lackeys under question? Someone's going to implicate Trump? Pffffft. 

And again Trump can just say he was lying to whomever about whatever promise.

Sad part.... Trump probably was lying. I guarentee you he promises all sorts of dumb **** to anyone willing to listen. 

This whole whistleblower situation is beginning to feel like every other "Trump did WHAT?" headline:

1. Deny Deny Deny

2. Maybe it happened, but....

3. It happened, but it's okay because.....

4. OMG Trump Derangement Syndrome

And the best part of all of this to me is that Trump is going to Ukraine desperately asking them to investigate (and likely come up with bogus charges) a political opponent while at the same time, suing to block an AG in his own country from obtaining his tax returns, likely because he is hiding tax evasion & corruption among other things. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Be weary of anything that's public headline news during President Tabloids reign. How many whistle blower complaints do you think there have been under this WH? Probably drowning in them.... as they go directly nowhere to people who do nothing with them except warn Trumps lawyers. 

At the end of the day, smoking gun in hand.... what, Bill Barr or Chris Wray are going to show up at the WH with handcuffs? 

As for Congress.. . they have to actually prove Trump did something... Not just promised or said. Have ya'll seen these lackeys under question? Someone's going to implicate Trump? Pffffft. 

And again Trump can just say he was lying to whomever about whatever promise.

Sad part.... Trump probably was lying. I guarentee you he promises all sorts of dumb **** to anyone willing to listen. 

Remember that there are reports of the whistleblower complaint involving multiple incidents, not just the phone call with the "promise". If true I'm thinking that the whole thing could involve a promise as well as concrete actions to act on the promise, one way or the other (punishment for not doing what they asked or reward for doing it). If that's the case then it could mean much more serious trouble for Trump as it would involve, as you said, "actually doing something".

By the way the Trumpistas are going ape**** over this, I'm thinking it could be something super damning like that. Historically they only send Crazy Uncle Rudy out to "preempt" and spin upcoming damaging information when they're really worried about it. 

One interesting comment I read about this whole situation is that the administration may be in quite a pickle when it comes to trying to squash it. If the WH argues that the whistleblower can't disclose his or her information because it's a subject of national intelligence, then the whistleblower law is quite clear: the ICIG has jurisdiction and the information shall be transmitted to the Intelligence Committees. DoJ has no authority or jurisdiction. 

On the other hand, if the WH tries to argue that it's a matter of executive privilege and not an Intelligence matter, then the information is not subject to intelligence secrecy laws. So then the whistleblower is more or less free to tell whomever they like. There aren't any laws against breaking executive privilege...the only recourse is to fire them.

I'm wondering if deep down Barr knows this and has told them as much, which is why they're now sending Rudy out to basically admit that Trump was talking about Biden + aid to Ukraine, but pre-spin it to make it sound innocuous. The fact that they're sending him out and going crazy trying to bury this is pretty bad. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

1. Deny Deny Deny

2. Maybe it happened, but....

3. It happened, but it's okay because.....

4. OMG Trump Derangement Syndrome

"But they haven't proved (something that doesn't need to be proven)"  

"The most picked on President in history".   

Also reminding me of a recent cartoon:  

davies-1.jpg?resize=768,676&ssl=1

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

"But they haven't proved (something that doesn't need to be proven)"  

"The most picked on President in history".   

Another one that they drag out constantly is the whole "you all in the media are ignoring the REAL huge lawbreaking here by the other side!" argument. 

Rudy trotted that one out in his interview with Cuomo. Going on and on about the huge lawbreaking by Biden and his son...which, from what I've read of it, is pretty much a debunked conspiracy theory and doesn't actually have any factual evidence behind it. 

I see it from the opposite of your perspective Tim. They want this whistle blower story. Just like Trump wants Stormy Daniels and her goofy lawyer in the headlines or he wants months and months of Mueller report coverage so he can spin in to his favor.

The Trumpistas are going crazy because this is headline news and Trump is telling them to go crazy about it. Rudy is out there because this WH is a soap opera with its daily characters.

You're saying WH cant stop the info from going here or there. Who cares though? Trump already said its a lie. Lets say it goes to DOJ.... pffft. Its Trump's handpicked DOJ. Lets say it goes public. It'd be whistleblower vs Trump's word. Thats super commie-lib trump hater's word vs Trump then.

Let's say it goes to Congress....

Congress is going to get Donald Trump to testify on something? Pffffft. No ****ing way. They can hardly get someone in his admin to answer a single question.

Again, they have to prove he did something. Its really hard to do that with Trump because the guy is the biggest shyster of all time. 

If this was serious, it wouldnt be news and we wouldnt be discussing it. (at this stage)

Trump's team is likely fine with this being out there because of the fact that he has Barr in a position of being able to cut the legs off any actual investigation or information or repercussions/accountability, so it goes like this:

1. Headline/Breaking News

2: Media reports on it for days, weeks,  maybe even months

3. DOJ stonewalls, making it impossible to actually investigate the matter(s)

4. Right-wing media claims there was no "there, there" and it is all a conspiracy to take down the greatest American President of all time.

5. Trump supports take a victory lap

Trump/Right Wing media ends up winning the narrative on these issues over and over because they have created a DOJ that will protect hjim despite the possible crime and/or unethical actions being taken, there is no longer a working process to investigate these matters. 

The other issue is that the voting electorate has become so polarized and tribal that Trump Supporters will never believe any of this unless somehow Trump is literally caught on video or phone calls, and even then they would probably claim the Deep state is leaking doctored video/audio to the liberal media.

Edited by NoCalMike

Question:  I've seen things that kinda imply that there's a law or something that whistleblower reports must go to Congress.  Can anybody confiem that there actually is such a law?  

Also:  I seem to remember that there's a government shutdown scheduled for the 30th.  the "popcorn munching smiley" part of me has been having this fantasy.  I think Nancy needs to demand that and spending bill that goes through the House will contain some clauses:  

1)  If any members of the senior levels of any federal agency are found to be in Contempt of Congress, by either house of congress, and have not remedied said contempt within 30 days, then all funding for said agency is cut off, except for whetever funding is needed to bring said agency back into compliance.  

2)  No funds allocated in any spending bill passed by the House may be diverted to any purpose other than that for which they were allocated.