• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

      Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   
       
      My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  
       
      Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  
       
      Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 
       
      The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  
       
      The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 
       
      1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.
       
      Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  
       
      Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?
       
      2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

      Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

      The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 
       
      3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 
       
      I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

      4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 
       
      Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 
       
      TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 
       
      The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 
       
      End of Game.
       
      Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:
       
      1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.

       
       
       
       
       
       
       

       
       

       
       
       
       
       
Jumbo

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Recommended Posts

Pelosi claims a cover up, obstruction and Trump collusion with Russia and yet won't begin impeachment hearings??

 

Is she the new 

Image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The President said the word "infrastructure" earlier today so now it's infrastructure week and get hyped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else is shocked that so far the courts are ruling Trump can't disobey the law because.......he feels like it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Who else is shocked that so far the courts are ruling Trump can't disobey the law because.......he feels like it?

 

were these liberal judges?

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twa said:

 

were these liberal judges?

 

 

 

I was wondering what narrative you were going to ride once these rulings started coming in.   "Obama appointed judges" straight out of Trump's mouth and into a twa post. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, twa said:

 

were these liberal judges?

 

 

 

Liberally ****ing Trump right in his ass

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NoCalMike said:

 

I was wondering what narrative you were going to ride once these rulings started coming in.   "Obama appointed judges" straight out of Trump's mouth and into a twa post. 

 

And if the rulings change when reaching SCOTUS the choir will sing what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, twa said:

 

And if the rulings change when reaching SCOTUS the choir will sing what?

 

It will depend on the justification for the ruling because right off the bat if the ruling goes in Trump's favor it will be breaking current understood law/precedent. IMO, anytime you rule against existing law the burden lies on you to give a good explanation/justification for doing so. 

 

What the courts are doing right now in these rulings are merely upholding the law, where as Trump is just deciding he doesn't have to follow the law.  There is literally zero argument Trump's teams are bringing to these lawsuits other than "Because I don't want to" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twa said:

 

And if the rulings change when reaching SCOTUS the choir will sing what?

Dude, the SCOTUS has said before that they have no ruling over something like this. This is completely in the house committees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Dude, the SCOTUS has said before that they have no ruling over something like this. This is completely in the house committees.

 

And they have changed their mind at times....such as Nelson.

 

Related image

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, twa said:

 

And they have changed their mind at times....such as Nelson.

 

 

Do you really think the SCOTUS is prepared to blow up the constitution and change precedent for Trump? You realize he won't be the president forever and a Dem or someone else will be in there eventually, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Do you really think the SCOTUS is prepared to blow up the constitution and change precedent for Trump? You realize he won't be the president forever and a Dem or someone else will be in there eventually, right?

 

Judges at all levels rule against precedent, how about we wait and see how far it goes?

 

I'm still waiting for them to impeach him

 

Image result for waiting meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, twa said:

 

Judges at all levels rule against precedent, how about we wait and see how far it goes?

 

I'm still waiting for them to impeach him

 

 

Again, impeachment has nothing to do with the SCOTUS, I'm hoping you're just trolling at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Again, impeachment has nothing to do with the SCOTUS, I'm hoping you're just trolling at this point.

 

it has something to do with half of your post I replied to. :ols:

 

Been hitting the pipe?

 

Image result for memory loss from pot meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, twa said:

 

it has something to do with half of your post I replied to. :ols:

 

Been hitting the pipe?

 

 

 

Out of curiosity, what would be your justification for Trump ignoring requests for documents?  Do you think because he is President anything/everything he wants to claim as executive privilege, he can? Other then that I am not sure what would be argued in his favor in this case.  Especially since the majority of the documents being requested are in relation to a an FBI investigation in which Mueller pretty much told congress to figure out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

 

So pretty much everyone in the country except the MAGA base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

 

Out of curiosity, what would be your justification for Trump ignoring requests for documents?  Do you think because he is President anything/everything he wants to claim as executive privilege, he can? Other then that I am not sure what would be argued in his favor in this case.  Especially since the majority of the documents being requested are in relation to a an FBI investigation in which Mueller pretty much told congress to figure out.

 

 

Varies by which documents.

Tax returns and such pre presidency are of rather limited legislative use unless expanded to similarly grouped persons.

 

The Mueller report redacted parts are protected by law and the call to release them w/o due process is nothing but political theater.

 

Do you want to go into the testimony demands?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, twa said:

 

 

 

Tax returns and such pre presidency are of rather limited legislative use unless expanded to similarly grouped persons.

 

 

Ok let's handle this one first.  Is "limited legislative use" currently the litmus test for whether documents must be turned over?  If so, who gets to make the determination as to what the legislative usage of said documents could produce.    Can you give examples of documents being refused for this same reasoning in the past and it holding up in court?

 

Or.....are you advocating that the court should make this the law when it trickles up to the Supreme Court (assuming it gets there).  

 

Seems to me that anyone could make the claim of "limited legislative use" for anything ever if the document holders are the ones allowed to make that determination.   

 

Btw, there was the article about the IRS official that disagrees with this reasoning and did say they should be turning them over. 

 

My issue with this justification and how this is being handled by Trump's team in general is that they seem to just be making up things as they go as to whether they will or won't comply.  Has nothing to do with what the actual law/procedure suggest should be done.  If they don't want to turn something over, they just come up with a nonsense reply on the spot, full aware it is nonsense, but are hoping to just get the luck of the draw in court. 

Edited by NoCalMike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, twa said:

 

it has something to do with half of your post I replied to. :ols:

 

Been hitting the pipe?

 

 

As far as I know, I haven't insulted you or called you any names. However, you going to claim I'm on drugs and try to gaslight me for saying facts? No! No, no, no! From now on, when you say something stupid (which is on a daily basis) I'm going to treat you as such. That is the most respect I can muster for you and that is the best you deserve, sorry it has come to this. I'm still hoping that you're just a simple troll.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

As far as I know, I haven't insulted you or called you any names. However, you going to claim I'm on drugs and try to gaslight me for saying facts? No! No, no, no! From now on, when you say something stupid (which is on a daily basis) I'm going to treat you as such. That is the most respect I can muster for you and that is the best you deserve, sorry it has come to this. I'm still hoping that you're just a simple troll.

He's a complicated troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.