Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I understand that is their strategy.  What I am asking is if there is any actual merit to their argument.  Has this been successfully argued before or furthermore, is it even up to the President and his lawyers to make the self-determination that "there is no legislative purpose?"

No is the short answer. Packing the courts and hoping judges will forget their oath of office like they do is what they are betting on.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

No is the short answer. Packing the courts and hoping judges will forget their oath of office like they do is what they are betting on.

Ok so my suspicions that they are just basically making up their own rules based on nothing are correct and they are just hoping a favorable judge goes along with the nonsense?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I understand that is their strategy.  What I am asking is if there is any actual merit to their argument.  Has this been successfully argued before or furthermore, is it even up to the President and his lawyers to make the self-determination that "there is no legislative purpose?"

it has been argued before and is simply asserting the restrictions to the committees powers.

It is certainly up to POTUS and any individual whether to comply with a demand.

in general the court encourages them to negotiate with each other.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/congressional-subpoena-power-and-executive-privilege-coming-showdown-between-branches

2 hours ago, twa said:

it has been argued before and is simply asserting the restrictions to the committees powers.

Ok but are the specific documents (generally speaking) being requested, outside the realm of what the committee would/could subpoena to help aid in on-going investigations?  Or is Trump's legal team making the argument that the simple request of these documents for any purpose is outside the realm of congressional powers? I go back to his legal team saying "no legislative purpose" and have a hard time reconciling with them being able to make that determination. 

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

He must have realized he didn't want to throw away his reputation quite yet.

Smart man, Trump people can't get jobs afterwards...hell, I even heard they can't get laid. Sarah Sanders was supposed to leave well over a year ago for another job, I guess that fell through? Thats why I like Mcgahn, he's still a republican, but he realizes that going down with Trump will end his career. If the Dems are smart, they'll target him hard.

13 minutes ago, visionary said:

Part of me still thinks that this is one of the defining characteristics about the Trump administration.  The fact that their national security expert is stunned to find out that, when you phone the Russian ambassador, the NSA records the phone call.  

Although I'll also admit, I'm kinda under the impression that the recording of that conversation is classified.  Not sure I agree with releasing it.  Even if, well, the Russians already have it.  (Come on.  What are the odds that the Russians don't record all of the ambassador's phone calls, too?)

OK, so let's just take it for granted that every single Republican lawmaker (and every member of the spin machine" now intends to spend the next year and a half on opera level fits of mock outrage over the thought of FISA, used on American citizens, is a unconstitutional abuse of government power to target citizens based on their politics, . . . . 

Odds that all (or any, for that matter) will vote to remove that government authority are . . . . ?

Barr is so full of it.  He is simply putting on a charade to further the mis-information campaign and he knows it.  He keeps throwing around these scenarios but then turns around and does everything but outright admit his accusations are based on.......nothing.   He can't elaborate on anything because there isn't an "anything" there to begin with.  It's sad that anyone is buying this for one second and the more frustrating thing about this whole situation is most people are still arguing over Barr's Summary of the Mueller report instead of the actual Mueller report. 

I also find it highly comical that Team Trump is turning to Jim "Gym" Jordan for guidance on how to defend against House Subpoenas.  The same Jim Jordan who comes off like a complete idiot anytime he opens his mouth? Long overdue for people to go back and investigate his role in sexual abuse cover ups. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

All of this infuriates me to no end. We should be in the middle of impeachment proceedings and all this nonsense would be put to rest. They could call everyone and inquire and put it out for America why an investigation was started. Barr is a true POS and as unAmerican as it gets. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

When Trump says things like "Nothing like has ever happened before..." he does realize that his knowledge of politics/history is very likely below that of a kindergarten student, yeah?

Well, he's probably right. 

I mean, it's not like all our previous candidates had staff members boasting that Russia had promised to help them. I really hope he's the first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1