Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Graham Writes to Special Counsel Regarding Barr Testimony

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/press/rep/releases/graham-writes-to-special-counsel-regarding-barr-testimony

Graham wrote, “In response to questions by Senator Blumenthal, the Attorney General testified in essence that you told him in a phone call that you did not challenge the accuracy of the Attorney General’s summary of your report’s principal conclusions, but rather you wanted more of the report, particularly the executive summaries concerning obstruction of justice, to be released promptly.  In particular, Attorney General Barr testified that you believed media coverage of your investigation was unfair without the public release of those summaries.”

He continued, “Please inform the Committee if you would like to provide testimony regarding any misrepresentation by the Attorney General of the substance of that phone call.”

:pint:

15 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

what damage are those clowns actually doing? Anyone who thinks they are serious already believed x.

yeah, propaganda, who cares.

Not like it's ever done any damage before.

Lying to congress, obstructing justice, covering up crimes= smart play for AG, and race based propaganda that utilizes lying manipulation to further muddy our broken discourse.. certainly fine.

A ridiculous set of values.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bang said:

yeah, propaganda, who cares.

Not like it's ever done any damage before.

No one believes what they are saying who wasn’t already in.  At worst, they are reinforcing ideas already held, but we are arguing over if it’s harmful for two actors to say eating fried chicken is racist.. are you serious?

Lying to congress, obstructing justice, covering up crimes= smart play for AG

I didny say any any of that. I said it is smart  for a criminal to avoid incriminating himself. You’re making stuff up to fit your narrative.

37 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No one believes what they are saying who wasn’t already in.  At worst, they are reinforcing ideas already held, but we are arguing over if it’s harmful for two actors to say eating fried chicken is racist.. are you serious?

I didny say any any of that. I said it is smart  for a criminal to avoid incriminating himself. You’re making stuff up to fit your narrative.

Oh. I see. Maybe i was jut mistaken because I'd never expect anyone to be so relaxed about the continual betrayal of our country as to say it is "smart" to continue to do so. More "devil's advocacy", i suppose. Making the abnormal normal.

But then again i read above where you still think propaganda is harmless.

It really doesn't matter who is buying it, does it?

See, for me, "values" means it's not plain not acceptable, and so it's not brushed aside, especially given the harm it is intended to cause, has caused, and whether you realize it or not, continues to cause. I guess there's no harm in continuing to mentally enslave those who have swallowed it. Exploitation is fine so long as it's in the name of votes. Integrity be damned.

But hey. I guess it's my own fault for expecting better. As i keep saying.. if you still defend these people...  

well, i am sure you've read it.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

But then again i read above where you still think propaganda is harmless.

It really doesn't matter who is buying it, does it?

For you, what is the difference between fiction and propaganda? To some degree everything is propaganda,  some propaganda is harmful, some is not. You haven't made the case that it is harmful.

And yes, if no one believes the propaganda it certainly matters.  Propaganda is only harmful if it cause people to act in a negative way.

How many fox viewers you reckon will stop eating fried chicken? :D

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

Exploitation is fine so long as it's in the name of votes. Integrity be damned.

Thats essentially the role of a politician.  If you don’t win no one cares how much integrity you have. If you do win, no one cares how much integrity you have unless it can get them votes or cost them votes.  That’s quintessential American democracy.

Which is still better than most other forms of governance.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

For you, what is the difference between fiction and propaganda? To some degree everything is propaganda,  some propaganda is harmful, some is not. You haven't made the case that it is harmful.

Pretty sure that there's several people who have been shot at because they were in a mosque, synagogue, or black church might disagree with your continued assertion that propaganda being intentionally generated by Russian intelligence and the Republican Party, for the specific purpose of dividing our country by provoking hatred towards groups, is completely harmless. 

But it's just a bunch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Having a major news network promoting and celebrating ignorance, or worse yet the POTUS, reinforces ignorance in our society. What about kids who watch this garbage and don't know better?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Pretty sure that there's several people who have been shot at because they were in a mosque, synagogue, or black church might disagree with your continued assertion that propaganda being intentionally generated by Russian intelligence and the Republican Party, for the specific purpose of dividing our country by provoking hatred towards groups, is completely harmless. 

But it's just a bunch. 

Probably true but we were talking about the black chicks from fox... 

15 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Arguably it's too late for them.

My point exactly.

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Having a major news network promoting and celebrating ignorance, or worse yet the POTUS, reinforces ignorance in our society. What about kids who watch this garbage and don't know better?

Kids don’t vote. And there are plenty of role models besides your parents. Many a catholic school child grows up an atheist.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

So you’re saying that Fox News isn’t responsible for THIS:

181026-cesar-sayoc-van-al-1456_89ae7aba4

(it’s the Hillary Clinton Mail bomber’s van)

Fox News might not be the biggest inciting factor in these whack jobs, but it’s certainly entry level.  They START with Fox News.  Then they move to Drudge, Info Wars, YouTube, Reddit, 4chan, 8chan.

Fox News is the gateway drug of militant right wing crazies.  Not all people who drink alcohol become cokeheads, and not all people who smoke marijuana become heroin addicts... but doing the aforementioned makes taking that next step less of a reach.

(And all you potheads out there who are gonna reply that pot isn’t a gateway drug can save your bull**** reply.  It’s not.  But show me a heroin addict who started by plugging a needle into their arms.  Further, show me a heroin addict who never smoked pot)

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So you’re saying that Fox News isn’t responsible for THIS:

I didn’t say that all propaganda was harmless, I said those two actors are.

As an aside, I didn’t know alchohol was the gateway drug to cocaine, but it makes sense.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84