Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Midterms aren't an accurate predictor of the following election.

1994 didn't predict Clinton losing in 1996. Clinton won easily. 2010 didn't predict Obama losing in 2012. Obama won.

In the states that Trump needs to get 270, he just got the bopst he needed to get him there.

AS for congress. The Dems won many Trump districts that they can easily loose in 2020.

Sorry, but I see Trump and the GOP winning in 2020; unless the economy is in recession on Election Day. 

To me that's what Trump has going for him the most going into 2020.  You usually don't see President's lose re-election with a strong economy.  That's what most Americans care most about.  Even people who personally can't stand Trump will vote for him on that alone.  Now if we start headed towards a recession in 2020 I think he'll get slaughtered.   

Once again the norms and institutions and laws many people expected to protect us have proved inadequate (at best) in the face of Trump and the ever increasing corruption.

Edited by visionary

44 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Sorry, but I see Trump and the GOP winning in 2020; unless the economy is in recession on Election Day. 

We are due for a recession as part of the market cycle so (as a betting lady) id make the bet there is a 70 percent chance we will be in a recession (worst case) or stall (better case) in the months leading up to the election. (the are just my guess at odds so fwiw)

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We are due for a recession as part of the market cycle so (as a betting lady) id make the bet there is a 70 percent chance we will be in a recession (worst case) or stall (better case) in the months leading up to the election. (the are just my guess at odds so fwiw)

You don't want a recession until the summer of 2020 and lasting until December 2020. Recession is 2 consecutive down quarters.   IF a reccession happens this year and is a mild one and is over in early 2020; it won't hurt Trump.  There is a recession coming, already signs things are starting to slow down.   Timing is key here.

53 minutes ago, drowland said:

To me that's what Trump has going for him the most going into 2020.  You usually don't see President's lose re-election with a strong economy.  That's what most Americans care most about.  Even people who personally can't stand Trump will vote for him on that alone.  Now if we start headed towards a recession in 2020 I think he'll get slaughtered.   

will there even be elections in 2020?

there is a greater than nonzero chance that Trump just names himself emperor supreme

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

You don't want a recession until the summer of 2020 and lasting until December 2020. Recession is 2 consecutive down quarters.   IF a reccession happens this year and is a mild one and is over in early 2020; it won't hurt Trump.  There is a recession coming, already signs things are starting to slow down.   Timing is key here.

Recessions usually last years not months.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

will there even be elections in 2020

there is a greater than nonzero chance that Trump just names himself emperor supreme

Both Ivanka and Don Jr have designs on the White House. What a better way to ensure that, then ending all elections and having a dictatorship.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Both Ivanka and Don Jr have designs on the White House. What a better way to ensure that, then edning all elections and having a dictatorship.

I doubt they will go that far publicly for a while.  They would wait at least until Trump finished his second term (oh man.  I really don’t like typing this).  Although if Trump dies in office, don’t be surprised to see Ivanka or Jr. replace him somehow.

• Sad 1

Meanwhile, I had no question about what conclusions Barr would reach regardless of the evidence. I highly doubt he even read the full report yet. I mean I don't know about you, but I can't read 500 pages of legalize in a day and a half. Heck, 500 pages of incredibly readable escapist fiction is tough to pull off in a day and a half.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Disappointing results.  Was hoping for something more concrete.  Fence sitting on a case like this...not good.

I dont really understand it myself. I feel like there is no room for "ehh maybe!" In this. 

• Like 1

Sure dems are firing up their fundraising texts as well...  I only get the requests via email and the last one was from dems offering a “Obamacare is a lifesaver” bumper sticker and asking for donation... another one was to donate to protect the mueller investigation.. 

the republican one was from Carl rove saying that radical dems were going launch a huge assault on conservatives, unless I made a donation...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84