Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We are all so sure Trump will be blasted in the report, what if he isn't? What if he is just so dumb he surrounded himself with corrupt people but honestly didn't know about or have anything to do with corrupt practices?  Assume for a moment this is true, how will we handle that?

This could very well be the truth when it comes to blatant collusion with Russia. And both sides will handle it in their predictable way.

In the end, I suspect if anything takes him down -- besides his diet and lack of sleep -- will be the stuff the state of NY is investigating. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We are all so sure Trump will be blasted in the report, what if he isn't? What if he is just so dumb he surrounded himself with corrupt people but honestly didn't know about or have anything to do with corrupt practices?  Assume for a moment this is true, how will we handle that?

I've been saying it for awhile now that Trump comes off as that big an idiot that he basically allowed others to take advantage of his power.  People around him knew he was an idiot and just used their friendship or fake-friendship to get in where they needed to get in, and Trump is just the idiot that facilitated it out of sheer ignorance.

However that is just on grounds of actual collusion.  I still think the obstruction of justice is a very real possibility, however the right (or at least a large portion) will argue that his executive privilege allows him to get out of OOJ. 

There is also the question of if the investigations into his finances end up proceeding, I would not be shocked at all to see laws broken there. 

I still think this whole "investigation is done in a week or two" narrative is a bit premature because it is only an investigation on a couple specific things. 

Agreed with NCM. Whatever is or isn't in the Mueller report itself, there will remain multiple ongoing investigations, both in the House and in SDNY. 

But in a general sense, we should keep doing what we've been doing. Keep assessing where we are and where we need to go in light of the fact that this has all happened. Focus on voting out politicians who even remotely support the abysmal policy goals, the xenophobia, the incompetence, the graft, etc. Keep speaking the truth and keep our eyes on coming out the other side of this historically disastrous white guy Hail Mary in something approximating a better space.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Regardless of the Mueller report, I will continue to think that he is the worst President in history.  He's so far down that road that, amazingly, whether or not he colluded with a foreign enemy to steal an election doesn't really matter in that sense.

No matter what, he's responsible for hiring Manafort.  Despite Trump's utter lack of personal accountability for himself, the buck always stops at the top.  

I've never thought the Mueller investigation was going to lead to Trump's ouster via impeachment and conviction in the Senate, so that doesn't change one way or the other.

I guess I'll be happy in the knowledge that Trump isn't actually a Russian stooge, but I'm fairly certain that will be short-lived because Trump will treat *not being found to be entirely illegitimate and probably a felon* as if he actually did something amazing.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

However that is just on grounds of actual collusion.  I still think the obstruction of justice is a very real possibility, however the right (or at least a large portion) will argue that his executive privilege allows him to get out of OOJ. 

Oh, I never figured that we would ever see a tape recording to Trump personally speaking to Putin personally about how to help each other.  

Always assumed he was smart enough to have subordinates to it for him.  (Although, after watching his management style, after getting elected, I wasn't as certain of that.)  

To me, what ought to get him thrown out is firing Comey.  (And all of the other things he's done to obstruct justice.  Think the same axe should fall on nunes as well, as a very minimum.)  

39 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He's gonna skate. People like him never see justice. 

This has been my default resignation the whole time. Maybe I keep going back to it in order to keep from getting my hopes up, I don't know. However, it's the POTUS. Once a person reaches that office and has big-time congressional backing, they're untouchable.

The frustrating part is that other than his motto of "No collusion," he's basically admitted his guilt a hundred times.

Edited by Chachie

You guys are crazy if you think he’ll skate because there isn’t enough evidence against him.

If you think he’ll skate because he’s pretending to be a Republican and all of those GOP super patriots won’t care that he was working with a hostile foreign nation to aid them in their attacks on us, prevent them from being punished, obstruct any effort into learning more about those attacks, and make it easy as possible for them to continue to do so in the future... yeah, you might be right about that.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Articles of impeachment against Nixon included obstruction of justice. Trump obstructs at every opportunity.

Clinton articles of impeachment can apply to Trump plus others.  Here's the link.

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/history/johnson/clinton_impeachment_articles.htm

Article I

In his conduct while President of the United States, William Jefferson Clinton, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has willfully corrupted and manipulated the judicial process of the United States for his personal gain and exoneration, impeding the administration of justice, in that:

ARTICLE II

In his conduct while President of the United States, William Jefferson Clinton, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has willfully corrupted and manipulated the judicial process of the United States for his personal gain and exoneration, impending the administration of justice, in that:

ARTICLE III

In his conduct while President of the United States, William Jefferson Clinton, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has prevented, obstructed, and impeded the administration of justice, and has to that end engaged personally, and through his subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or scheme designed to delay, impede, cover up, and conceal the existence of evidence and testimony related to a Federal civil rights action brought against him in a duly instituted judicial proceeding.

ARTICLE IV

Using the powers and influence of the office of President of the United States, William Jefferson Clinton, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in disregard of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has engaged in conduct that resulted in misuse and abuse of his high office, impaired the due and proper administration of justice and the conduct of lawful inquiries, and contravened the authority of the legislative branch and the truth-seeking purpose of a coordinate investigative proceeding in that, as President, William Jefferson Clinton, refused and failed to respond to certain written requests for admission and willfully made perjurious, false and misleading sworn statements in response to certain written requests for admission propounded to him as part of the impeachment inquiry authorized by the House of Representatives of the Congress of the United States.