Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Keep coming back to the dumbass comment.

You may well be right that our country tries to influence elections, even if I concede that we do so to the extent the Russians did in 2016...what cannot be denied is that regardless of whether Russia was trying to influence the election a certain way...an AMERICAN Presidential cadidate should NOT have co-conspired with the Russians in this effort!!

God damn, what is so ****ing hard to understand about that? Cousins here already admits...sorry...CHEERS Russian interference and defends Trump, at this point we're seeing nothing short of the celebrating of a Russian backed President!

If Putin weren’t a white, pseudo-Christian no one, and I mean NO ONE, would ever play the “US does it too” card.*

Could you imagine Cowgirl or any of our other conservatives trotting out that trash if Iran had pulled this trick instead of Russia?

*Well, maybe Socrates.  But that poor kid was nuts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The other key conclusion (that the Democrat have shifted their position from peace with Russia to a Cold War stance) is also very interesting...

Probably had something to do with them attacking us.

edit: posted before reading the other two pages... which were an embarrassment.

Kind of off topic but was just thinking about how well Al Qaeda’s attack on us worked. Bravo Al Qaeda. Good on you!! It’s not like the United States doesn’t blow up other  people’s buildings. What’s really suspicious is the democrats though.

I seriously can’t believe how ****ing stupid people are. “Good for you Russia! 😘 💋 😘. Way to attack us!! Pretty nefarious how the democrats don’t like you.”

****ing bull****

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If Putin weren’t a white, pseudo-Christian no one, and I mean NO ONE, would ever play the “US does it too” card.*

Could you imagine Cowgirl or any of our other conservatives trotting out that trash if Iran had pulled this trick instead of Russia?

If it was to benefit the GOP they would. Absolutely.

• Like 2

Gotta admit, I've never heard an American say "bravo to <x country> for attacking us...it was our fault" outside of some very fringe hard left people who think the USA deserves everything we get. There's a vast difference between acknowledging/taking responsibility for past mistakes and trying to understand them so we don't make the mistakes again, and implying that whatever we get in retaliation for messing up is deserved and essentially cheering on those who do it against us. 

That's pretty bad.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Cmon now.  Imagine being a woke black dude trying to live in Russia... or pretty much anywhere else.

1) I am not woke and I hate that term.

2) Read what you said and then look at the actions of the US since the Spanish-American War. You cannot objectively say we support democracies. America doesn't support democracies, we support American interests. That may be a democracy or it means making sure our business and military interests are able to prosper.

Imagine telling someone living in Puerto Rico that we are pro-democratic when they are not allowed to vote in presidential elections. Shoot, residents in D.C. have no congressional representation yet still have to pay taxes.

I am all for "get these shady Russians the eff outta here" but I am not going to support untrue statements either. We should always be aiming higher. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

2) Read what you said and then look at the actions of the US since the Spanish-American War. You cannot objectively say we support democracies. America doesn't support democracies, we support American interests. That may be a democracy or it means making sure our business and military interests are able to prosper.

Imagine telling someone living in Puerto Rico that we are pro-democratic when they are not allowed to vote in presidential elections. Shoot, residents in D.C. have no congressional representation yet still have to pay taxes.

I am all for "get these shady Russians the eff outta here" but I am not going to support untrue statements either. We should always be aiming higher. 

1) You’re the wokest dude on the board.  Call it educated and attuned to black people problems if you want.  That’s how I see you and how I’m sure many others see you.  It’s not bad.

2) American interests are democracies, by and large.

I never said that America was without fault but there is no country better at stabilizing the world powers.  It benefits ALL Americans to support their endeavors to create social democracies across the globe.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

1) You’re the wokest dude on the board.  Call it educated and attuned to black people problems if you want.  That’s how I see you and how I’m sure many others see you.  It’s not bad.

2) American interests are democracies, by and large.

I never said that America was without fault but there is no country better at stabilizing the world powers.  It benefits ALL Americans to support their endeavors to create social democracies across the globe.

Cheers. I just don't like the word "woke." It makes me feel like someone is on some upper level of thinking, and that just isn't me. I'm just a southern PG County dude with strong opinions and talks s**t. 

I don't think American interests generally align with democratic governments around the world. It is easier for us to control strongmen and that is what we have seen throughout American history since the Spanish-American War.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Cheers. I just don't like the word "woke." It makes me feel like someone is on some upper level of thinking, and that just isn't me. I'm just a southern PG County dude with strong opinions and talks s**t. 

I don't think American interests generally align with democratic governments around the world. It is easier for us to control strongmen and that is what we have seen throughout American history since the Spanish-American War.

You know what?  Total off topic, I don’t like the word woke either if we are being honest.  To me it feels exclusive.  Like a person like me could never be “woke”.  But you probably think it pigeonholes you into a set you don’t necessarily want to be associated with.

Youre a guy with an opinion for sure and I certainly pay attention to it, one way or another.  While we aren’t always in agreement, I do feel like we are on the same side of things though.  So there’s that.

21 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I thought that was me.

Yeah, no.

But I totally enjoy your deadpan humor for real.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You know what?  Total off topic, I don’t like the word woke either if we are being honest.  To me it feels exclusive.  Like a person like me could never be “woke”.  But you probably think it pigeonholes you into a set you don’t necessarily want to be associated with.

Youre a guy with an opinion for sure and I certainly pay attention to it, one way or another.  While we aren’t always in agreement, I do feel like we are on the same side of things though.  So there’s that.

My reasoning behind disliking the word woke is similar to yours. Woke sounds like you have finished and are a grandmaster. There is no human being in history that you could say that about. What I am is aware and conscious. But we can always learn. That’s what this freak show called life is all about.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Woke, as a term, bugs me too, but for a really dumb reason. It just feels grammatically incorrect. I mean how can you be "woke" if you don't even understand language construction?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

Gotta admit, I've never heard an American say "bravo to <x country> for attacking us...it was our fault" outside of some very fringe hard left people who think the USA deserves everything we get. There's a vast difference between acknowledging/taking responsibility for past mistakes and trying to understand them so we don't make the mistakes again, and implying that whatever we get in retaliation for messing up is deserved and essentially cheering on those who do it against us. 

That's pretty bad.

It really was inevitable, after years of crying that nothing happened and this whole thing was a hoax and now being faced with an overwhelming amount of evidence (and guilty pleas) they have to shift their thinking from "nothing happened" to "what happened was totally justifiable...nay it was righteous!" All to protect their fragile grip on Trump's mushroom dick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Woke, as a term, bugs me too, but for a really dumb reason. It just feels grammatically incorrect. I mean how can you be "woke" if you don't even understand language construction?

"Woke" always evokes the image of a Freshman setting in her first Current Issues 101 course and hearing some idea she's never heard before and then embracing that idea as if it was an absolute and universal truth, until her Women's Issues 201 course when another idea replaces it, before her Asian Politics 310 course where PanAsian economic theory defines her which is then replaced by...well you get it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

"what happened was totally justifiable...nay it was righteous!"

from Russia’s point of view, it was. 

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

All to protect their fragile grip on Trump's mushroom dick.

Admiring or justifying Russia’s actions has nothing to do with spineless politicians enabling them. 

39 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

from Russia’s point of view, it was. 

Admiring or justifying Russia’s actions has nothing to do with spineless politicians enabling them. 

I assume you're talking about Trump.

And for some reason you've decided that advocating for Russia is in our best interests. Why? I'm not certain.