Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Maybe but there's still numerous investigations, not least of which is the obstruction of justice stuff. Not part of Mueller's remit, as I understand it.

Neal Katyal wrote a great piece for the NYT today, opining that the M report is likely to serve as a guideline for the subsequent investigations to come. This is in no way close to over.

Supposedly there are still potentially a couple dozen sealed indictments waiting for release. Also that Mueller is focused solely on the investigatory side and may have all that he needs. He will hand off the prosecution to others. 

Doesn't make me feel any better but F5 Friday is tomorrow so i'll be ready for a massacre. (plays The Rains of Castamere)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question for everyone:  If Mueller report can't find a *direct* connection to the specific collusion issue, will it even matter that else the investigation, or the other investigations going on (all have to do with dirt, likely illegal, money practices) find him to be guilty of, or were too many "Collusion" eggs been put in the basket where if he isn't charged with that specifically, any hope of ousting the President over with as far as support from enough GOP members backed by the American people?

Edited by NoCalMike

There is no collusion basket except to Trump and his mouthpieces.  There's an investigation basket with numerous crimes committed by him and people around him. 

It's always been unclear that they will find any direct collusion between him and Putin or the Russian government, though if they pick off enough people around him, they may turn up something while making deals or they could force him to resign if they indict his family.  There are plenty of visible examples of obstruction, witness intimidation, abuse of power, etc though, but it's also unclear if he would be indicted while in office.  I don't know that anyone expects anything from the GOP in congress.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, twa said:

If Mueller finds no direct evidence of collusion or obstruction Trump will certainly benefit.

True. However, I think it all but impossible that there isn't an abundance of evidence of obstruction. Heck, Trump has repeatedly confessed to obstructive behavior to the press, in his rallies, and in his social media tweeting. Everything from writing Don Jr.'s phony alibi to firing Comey to... heck, take your pick.

Now, weather the DOJ chooses to act on this abundance or whether the House and Senate do their job is up in the air, but there really ought to be no question in any person's mind that Donald Trump has gone above and beyond to obstruct justice. We've all witnessed obstructive actions. He's confessed to actions that can have no other reasonable purpose. He's confessed to even having an obstructive motive behind many of his actions and firings.

There is no question. There is no doubt. It's in the public record. It's as clear as Don Jr. meeting with the Russians for the purpose of getting the Russians to screw with Hillary's campaign is obvious. The only question is whether the system will work or if it is so corrupt and broken that the actors refuse to act.

If you don't believe me, believe this conservative.

Conservative writer argues Trump already colluded ‘in plain sight’ — and his new attorney general can’t protect him from Mueller’s report

https://www.alternet.org/2019/02/conservative-writer-argues-trump-already-colluded-in-plain-sight-and-his-new-attorney-general-cant-protect-him-from-muellers-report/

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 2

"I'm sorry, it was stupid of me to threaten a federal judge"

...is an acceptable defense, apparently.

I say a week before he's back saying something similar.

You'd think a day after a lunatic Coast Guard guy was busted with a hit list and a ton of weapons they'd be a bit more wise to what it is these people do when thy post a picture like that... even if only for a minute or two.

~Bang 

Edited by Bang