Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Between this guy and Manafort I don't know how they ever managed a successful campaign in their lives. The stupid knee jerk moves they have both pulled since being under the law enforcement heat lamp are astounding.

9 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Between this guy and Manafort I don't know how they ever managed a successful campaign in their lives. The stupid knee jerk moves they have both pulled since being under the law enforcement heat lamp are astounding.

They are affluent white men in the political class. They do not believe the law applies to them.

• Thanks 1

Stone, who was arrested last month during a pre-dawn FBI raid of his Florida home, wrote in the email that it "may be the last time you hear from me if I am gagged by the Judge."

Judge Amy Berman Jackson on Friday issued a gag order barring Stone, his attorneys and prosecutors from discussing his case in public. Stone's fundraising email was sent Tuesday evening.

In the email, Stone refers to Jackson as an "Obama-appointed Federal Judge" and wrote that the "real reason they want to gag me is so I cannot raise the money necessary to mount a vigorous legal defense."

Jackson earlier this week ordered Stone to appear in court Thursday to explain why the gag order she imposed shouldn't be lifted. The appearance will come after Stone shared and deleted a photo of Jackson on his Instagram page over the weekend, showing Jackson with what appeared to be small crosshairs next to her head.

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has brought seven charges against Stone, including obstruction of a congressional inquiry, witness tampering and five counts of making false statements to Congress.

Stone wrote in his fundraising email that he has been targeted because of his relationship with Trump. 

"We both know I have been targeted by Mueller and the Deep State simply because I am a long-time confidant and friend of the President and I effectively helped defeat Hillary Clinton. The Democrats want me side-lined in 2020 so I cannot help the President," Stone wrote.

This seems somewhat ill-advised....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chachie said:

This was never an actual campaign in any sense of the word. The whole thing was a con from the start, with just enough marketing glitter and packaging to give credence to the lie that it was campaigning. That's why no matter what stupid or crazy **** fell out of Trumps spew hole, none of them ever worried, because they knew from the start the fix was in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

This was never an actual campaign in any sense of the word. The whole thing was a con from the start, with just enough marketing glitter and packaging to give credence to the lie that it was campaigning. That's why no matter what stupid or crazy **** fell out of Trumps spew hole, none of them ever worried, because they knew from the start the fix was in.

True, but the angry white voter was always going to vote Trump as well. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

True, but the angry white voter was always going to vote Trump as well. 

Both good points. Also- Remember when Trump was asked if he would accept the results of the election if he lost and he said "No?" I guess he meant that his fix would have been re-fixed if he lost.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drowland said:

Let's say the report doesn't get released to the public, however the Dems take the WH in 2020.  Can the new President order the Mueller report be released?  

Simpler would be for the House to subpoena Mueller and ask him what was in the report and if Barr pressured him to end it.

• Like 4