Jumbo

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Anybody else feel like the sudden willingness to declare a national emergency plays into this?

I mean, tomorrow is Friday.

And the list of sealed cases is getting kind of long...

17 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

His term is officially over on Inauguration Day. The new President can be sworn into office and order his arrest. 

I don't think the new POTUS can just order him to be arrested. Though it would be really interesting to see what the actual legal process would be if the sitting president refused to cede power to the duly elected new one. It's absolutely amazing that we're sitting here having a serious discussion about how that would go down. 

It's interesting that the right has basically created the monster that they were screaming about in the past from the other side but which didn't actually exist. They all talked about "King Barry" and how Obama acted like a dictator, even though he didn't. And now we have a guy who's actually doing it but the right is fine with it because, goddammit, he's their dictator. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't think the new POTUS can just order him to be arrested.

I can try. It is the backbone of my campaign after all. Thirty minutes after I'm sworn in, Donald Trump is gonna be in prison getting railed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I can try. It is the backbone of my campaign after all. Thirty minutes after I'm sworn in, Donald Trump is gonna be in prison getting railed.

Lock him up. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, visionary said:

Remembering Archie Bunker once saying that Nixon's Mistake was that he hired all them krauts. Halderman. Earlichman. 

"He should have hired Japs. They're better at electronics. And if they get caught they do the right thing, they kill themselves."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MartinC said:

Has to be. And though the conventional wisdom is that there would a political price to pay for Trump granting that pardon it would seem he could quite literally commit murder in the middle of 5th Avenue and circa 35% of the voting population would not waver in their apparent support. Have to think Stone is counting on the same.

Only thing I can think of to worry Manafort/Stone in this regard is Trump may need to hold fire on the pardons as the investigations laps ever closer to his own family. I know there is no limit to how many pardons he can grant (as far as I know anyway) but if he has to start handing them out like sweets it MIGHT just cut into his core support at some point.

Yet.

And I'm only half joking. With all the gerrymandering and voter suppression already happening and the damage being done to essential institutions like the free press, with a blatant propaganda vehicle in place via Fox News just how far are we really away from Trump calling the result illegitimate and refusing to step down if he was to lose in 2020?

Less farther than many are willing to admit.

• Like 1