Jumbo

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Republicans sold their soul(s) to win the Whitehouse.  They had their opportunity to have their souls returned afterwards in the face of an obvious traitor occupying the oval office. They stood by and did nothing.  Not sure where they can go from here as a party until a good majority of the current leadership is long gone.  I am not very familiar with the younger up & and coming GOP congressmen/senators nor do I know if they are prepared to start rebuking what is going on with the elders of their party. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

*Romney votes against cloture on bill to keep sanctions on Russian businesses tied to Deripaska*

Hey remember when Romney attacked Obama in 2012 over Obama being weak on Russia?

Me neither.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

*Romney votes against cloture on bill to keep sanctions on Russian businesses tied to Deripaska*

Hey remember when Romney attacked Obama in 2012 over Obama being weak on Russia?

Me neither.

It's Romney, I am sure he has money invested somewhere in those companies.

• Like 1

What's the reason the Republicans are using to validate getting rid of the sanctions? Or are they even using one?

27 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What's the reason the Republicans are using to validate getting rid of the sanctions? Or are they even using one?

I think they are wisely shutting the hell up and hoping the media is too distracted to ask them, but if I were some poor GOP comms guy tasked with spinning it, it'd be that the sanctions against Deripaska himself remain, only sanctions against some companies linked to him have been dropped.

Of course, ignore the fact that Deripaska's money and his company's money are one and the same.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Republicans sold their soul(s) to win the Whitehouse.  They had their opportunity to have their souls returned afterwards in the face of an obvious traitor occupying the oval office. They stood by and did nothing.  Not sure where they can go from here as a party until a good majority of the current leadership is long gone.  I am not very familiar with the younger up & and coming GOP congressmen/senators nor do I know if they are prepared to start rebuking what is going on with the elders of their party. 

I am WAY with you on the spirit of this post... but I also feel like this has been said 50 times by 50 million people in 50 years. They always find their way back.   😕

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isifhan said:

It's really crazy watching a country crumble in real time. 

Especially when it's yours & you took the oath to defend it, even against its own. 

Dammit, I want to cry. :taz:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Romney is a cuck, just like that snake tongued redneck Graham... I don’t know what you guys expected from him.  He’s gonna fall right in line.

• Like 3

Romney represents a state that LOVES Trump for rolling back the national park areas instituted by Clinton and Obama, not to mention being a Republican (this is the only state where Bill Clinton finished 3rd behind Ross Perot), and for nominating rightwing judges they believe will rollback gay marriage. Don't expect him to grow a backbone anytime soon.

• Like 4

Bernie not going to be treated with kid gloves this election. He better have a good answer for voting against Russian sanctions, missing votes on Russian sanctions, and voting against Magnitsky.

I usually ignore anything from Rudy but dude seems to have crapped the bed.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 2

Oh please oh please let Lee Jackson day be the day they drop evidence of collusion.

It just feels poetic.

But for real, usually Rudy screws up like this right before we learn something new.  Guy is basically Jim Carrey in Liar Liar at this point.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

**** is Lee Jackson day?

It's what you call MLK day if you still wish you could live in the South in the 1940s.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

Oh please oh please let Lee Jackson day be the day they drop evidence of collusion.

It just feels poetic.

But for real, usually Rudy screws up like this right before we learn something new.  Guy is basically Jim Carrey in Liar Liar at this point.

**** is Lee Jackson day?

8 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

It's what you call MLK day if you still wish you could live in the South in the 1940s.

giphy.gif

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

**** is Lee Jackson day?

It's a holiday VA made...that they merged with MLK day up until a few years ago when someone in Richmond woke up and was like "uhhh, guys?  GUYS!?" so then they moved Lee Jackson day to the Friday before MLK day because just, y'know, getting rid of the ridiculous holiday was, ****, I dunno man.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee–Jackson_Day

The point is, it's on a Friday, which is grand jury day.

• Like 1

I am embarrassed to report that i just now learned that Lee-Jackson-King day is limited to Virginia. 

Thank you @DogofWar1 and Wikipedia. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Virginia, possibly the most conservative of all the costal elite states.

VA is Northern (not really) Florida in alot of ways 

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Bernie not going to be treated with kid gloves this election. He better have a good answer for voting against Russian sanctions, missing votes on Russian sanctions, and voting against Magnitsky.

Bernie's not going that far. Part of his support was just anti-Hillary voters.

Also, he has real competition for his supporters this time. 

Once the race gets going, Bernie is going to find it harder this time around.