Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

25 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

the people who think there is really anything proper or meaningful to say or do other than manifesting the strongest anti-trump(ism) and anti-gop stuff that you can muster out there irl have been an equal shareholder in culpability for this historic level ****show for quite some time, no matter what their redeeming features might be...

getting almost  all these currently elected gop-bred fools, bigots, religious nuts, and champions of ignorance out of office across the nation, and making it a long-time setback for the party should be a minimum goal or ideal...i wish there could be a near-complete annihilation of the party at this point, breaking it down into factions...as we face a long period of repair of all that's been damaged assuming we do make it out of here with democracy somewhat intact....even were all that to happen wouldn't fully settle the account...the primary players require much more consequence

No photo description available.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Whether Trump can (successfully) claim the executive privilege depends on the substance of his conversation with Putin.  Here is a good primer from 2017:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/primer-executive-privilege-and-executive-branch-approach-congressional-oversight

Given Trump's disregard for the law and the lengths he has evidently gone to in order to erase the record of his conversation wit Putin, this paragraph seem particularly relevant:

Second, the Department of Justice’s longstanding position has been that the privilege cannot be asserted to conceal evidence of wrongdoing or conduct by executive officers that is criminal or unlawful. President Reagan himself followed this policy, declining to assert executive privilege in the Iran/Contra investigations, even making excerpts of his personal diary available to congressional investigators. So the Department must evaluate whether the requested information reveals wrongdoing or criminality by executive branch officials that would preclude an assertion of executive privilege.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, visionary said:

Just pointing out, that's exactly what they ought to say when asked to confirm classified information. 

Having said that?  I guarantee Nunes wasn't told. Because if he had been, he would have both informed Trump and begun openly obstructing the investigation. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, twa said:

ya'll keep promising and not delivering .

Pipe dreams like requiring the interpreter to testify to privileged conversations is just another act in a sad progression.

but maybe Mueller, maybe next year

Hey, I’m twa. I’m incapable of making basic inferences from incomplete data when the clear outcome would be damaging to the tribe that does all of my thinking for me.

Who’s that guy on the far right in this picture??? There’s a 2% Gaussian blur so really, it could be anyone. Is it even a person? It’s orange and it’s round... could be a pumpkin. Looks kinda like a basketball. Obama plays basketball. It’s Hillary Clinton.

DA4E9464-59DB-4578-8982-93B00077A779.jpeg

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 13

9 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Hey, I’m twa. I’m incapable of making basic inferences from incomplete data when the clear outcome would be damaging to the tribe that does all of my thinking for me.

Who’s that guy on the far right in this picture??? There’s a 2% Gaussian blur so really, it could be anyone. Is it even a person? It’s orange and it’s round... could be a pumpkin. Looks kinda like a basketball. Obama plays basketball. It’s Hillary Clinton.

Remember twa is the dude that personally filled up over 100 pages of this forum talking about Hillary’s e-mails and only Hillary’s e-mails.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Remember twa is the dude that personally filled up over 100 pages of this forum talking about Hillary’s e-mails and only Hillary’s e-mails.

still waiting for those too.

12 minutes ago, twa said:

still waiting for those too.

You've already got them. And have had them for five years. Every one that anyone has any legal right to. 

But if you want to spend the next five years trying to push myths about the long form birth certificate, feel free. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think a fun reality show would be to take a bunch of mindless partisan mouth breathers and stick them in a house together for 6 months, locked off from the outside world. Seeing if they can coexist would be part of the fun but the real joy would be in the season finale where’d we’d do an exit interview and ask them whether they agree or disagree with things that have occurred since they’ve been away, not telling them who said / did it though.

”A politician said they would be happy to shut down the government... approve or disapprove?”

“Someone publicly called another politician a mother****er. Ok in your book?”

“How would you feel about withdrawing forces from Syria against the advice of our military leaders?”

watching them squirm since they wouldn't have had access to the talking heads that normally tell them what to think and would have to provide answers based on their own thoughts and principles (which are, in reality, non-existent).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-report-trump-helped-putin-destabilize-us-watergate-journalist-1289541?utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Legendary journalist Carl Bernstein has said that he’s been told that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report will show how President Donald Trump helped Russia “destabilize the United States.”

Bernstein, who is renowned for his coverage of the Watergate scandal that led to the resignation of former President Richard Nixon, appeared onCNN’s Reliable Sources on Sunday to discuss two bombshell reports released this weekend, one from The New York Times and one from The Washington Post, which revealed new details about whether or not Trump and his aides have colluded with Russia.

• Sad 1

Remember, Republicans stood with Nixon until there was overwhelming evidence of the House's impeachment articles. Then enough of them got on board with the Democrats to go talk Nixon into resigning.

I don't know if there are enough Republicans this time around to protect our country and Constitution.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Remember, Republicans stood with Nixon until there was overwhelming evidence of the House's impeachment articles. Then enough of them got on board with the Democrats to go talk Nixon into resigning.

I don't know if there are enough Republicans this time around to protect our country and Constitution.

Yeah it seems just like yesterday...

...kidding.  I grew up in a world where Nixon was already bad.  I knew, “I am not a crook.”, Watergate, etc.  It’s not up until relatively recently, maybe the last 10 years or so, that I’ve come to the realization that there were people backing him until he quit... and some that still see no problem with his actions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

They aren't.  You need 67 votes to convict in the Senate.   That would mean 20 GOPers would have to vote in favor of conviction.  No way that's happening.

In order for the GOP to abandon Trump; his approval in the GOP would have to be below 40%.  That would mean 60% disapproval, which would be a significant majority against Trump.  

I don't expect that to happen.

The only way to get rid of trump, vote him out in 2020.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Care to elaborate?

Probably the worst consequence of the Trump era is that it's almost impossible to tell when people are being sarcastic.

Well, maybe not the worst... You've got the whole "half of our country is a bunch of brainwashed idiots" thing, the "inevitable societal & economic collapse" stuff, and that little issue of "what used to be the Republican Party happily bending over and taking it up the pooper". But after that, it's the sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3