Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Buzz, this is for you. I happen to agree.

So I think pretty much all of us agree on the current Executive Branch.  I think pretty much of all us would agree the legislative branch is "broken" for lack of a better word.  I get to thinking about about it a few weeks ago and the judicial branch isn't giving me a whole lot of faith.  The posts in the other thread about people supporting the GOP "because courts" isn't helping either.  

I was taught that judges are supposed to decide based on the law, not on their principles.  But I think it is becoming more and more clear that isn't the case.  I think we are seeing a big rise in "judicial activism" also.  I can't remember what it was but somenthing Trump did a while back highlighted it.  Unfortunately there has been so many trainwrecks that I can't remember what it was.  But I remember many of the talking heads, even the more liberal ones, were saying things to the effect of "we don't like it, but the president does seem to have the power to do it."  I agreed with what some of the judges did from a moral stance.  But that isn't the stance they should be using.  It should be about what the law says.  I thought about starting a thread on judicial bias or whatever but I'm not sure I know enough to speak intelligently on it.  But it does still seem wrong to me.

Anyways, long way of saying our government is broken and we are all ****ed.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bang said:

I'd say it has worked.

We are so ready to hate one another.

~Bang

I wonder how much it's worked, and how much it's just been another branch flowing down the electronic stream of hate that the internet can all too often be.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I know he has his detractors but this might be worthy of your attention.

This is the biggest allegation in the dossier, which so far has been frustratingly under reported. Presumably investigators aren’t in the dark though. 

Also this footage was on goddamn cspan. No journalist was curious who was meeting with Trump a month after the election? You’d think there would have been a detailed accounting of every meeting. Especially one with the head of Qatar’s investment arm days after the Rosneft sale. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The ONLY joy that I have right now when thinking about our country is the hope that soon Mueller will bring corruption, collusion, and obstruction charges against Trump and those in his Administration and that Trump and Pence will be forced to resign. 

But then I used to play Dungeons & Dragons so I’m pretty good at imaginary tales of the good guys winning.

Now the orange turd wants his followers to believe he hasn't had a leak problem, it's another Fake News exaggeration,, even though he has screamtweeted about leakers for a year+

A new litmus test to how much bull**** you will willingly eat, Trumpsters.

Best go get your spoon!

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4

In regards to video above with John Brennan, I assume he's right. Evidence so far seems to be that what gets leaked to the press comes from those within Trump's circle, and that seems to be months behind Mueller finding out about said things. 

I would think it's safe to say that anyone coming out publicly ending the probe (Pence) probably are aware they share some guilt. I would certainly value Brennan's opinion and knowledge on these matters and he's saying much, much more is going to come out. 

Edited by Busch1724
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1