Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I'm not buying that the lying to the FBI charge was all Mueller could hit Flynn with and I'm also not buying that everyone is lying because they mistakenly believe they broke a law when they didnt.

But you and Dersh can run with that today.

Add: Flynn would have talked to a lawyer before talking to the FBI, no?

Edited by RedskinsFan44

Just now, RedskinsFan44 said:

I'm not buying that the lying to the FBI charge was all Mueller could hit Flynn with and I'm also not buying that everyone is lying because they mistakenly believe they broke a law when they didnt.

But you and Dersh can run with that today.

Add: Flynn would have talked to a lawyer before talking to the FBI, no?

any good lawyer would tell him to take the Hillary. :evil:

Can't recall, won't answer ,I'll get back to ya......yada,yada

I'm sure they could charge him with a FARA violation or such....but can you think of a serious charge?

Or why they would not charge if they had one? 

it is the 'round up the usual suspects and lean on your sources' gambit from what I've seen....despite some in the press and here hyperventilating over it.

does suck for those being rousted though :chair:

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

This Russia scandal is going to expose a lot of politicians, corporations, business leaders, media members, and even celebs.

Yes, in both parties.

Kinda like the sexual assault thing :headbang:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This Russia scandal is going to expose a lot of politicians, corporations, business leaders, media members, and even celebs.

Which is exactly why no one should want this thing wrapped up early.

Of course, I still expect the POSUS to pardon everyone and the Senate to look the other way.

• Like 3

Oh how I'd love to see Trump's feeble brained self try to testify before congress for 11 hours or so. Over under on a complete tantrum, meltdown, probably self incrimination, followed by an attempt to nickname and mass-fire every D and any R who didn't ask him some irrelevant Trump-praising, what-about-Hillary question would be about an hour, I'm guessing. He'd probably end up tweeting how awesome things were going during a bathroom break, hiding in some stall that he refuses to leave, with his feet pulled up, thinking nobody knew he was there.

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Which is exactly why no one should want this thing wrapped up early.

Of course, I still expect the POSUS to pardon everyone and the Senate to look the other way.

I expect the Trump aspect to be wrapped up by summer and Trump will not make it out of 2018 as president. I also see Pence getting swept up also.

But the real meat of this investigation will go on for a while. I think politicians on both sides will get caught up in this. It's difficult for me to believe it's just Trump and his team the Russians have compromised. We already seeing Facebook and Twitter being exposed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I expect the Trump aspect to be wrapped up by summer and Trump will not make it out of 2018 as president. I also see Pence getting swept up also.

But the real meat of this investigation will go on for a while. I think politicians on both sides will get caught up in this. It's difficult for me to believe it's just Trump and his team the Russians have compromised. We already seeing Facebook and Twitter being exposed.

You have more faith in Congress than I do. I'm not sure there is a level of treason vile enough that Congress would act on it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, twa said:

any good lawyer would tell him to take the Hillary. :evil:

Can't recall, won't answer ,I'll get back to ya......yada,yada

I'm sure they could charge him with a FARA violation or such....but can you think of a serious charge?

Or why they would not charge if they had one? 

it is the 'round up the usual suspects and lean on your sources' gambit from what I've seen....despite some in the press and here hyperventilating over it.

does suck for those being rousted though :chair:

Hillary card. Nice.

They don't charge him with everything because part of his deal is they don't. If you read the indictment it does not preclude more charges. That and his son's future assures he follows through.

God yes, poor Michael Flynn and Manafort. Fine upstanding guys, just like their fearless leader.?

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You have more faith in Congress than I do. I'm not sure there is a level of treason vile enough that Congress would act on it.

Need the D's to flip the house for impeachment. Tax bill and Garland show they have no shame.

Flynn is alright, unless ya are getting shipped off in the middle of the night with a bag on ya head. :pint:

Haven't read the deal of course, but like Dersh says....it is a odd charge if ya had better options.

18 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think Pence gets out of this clean (in a criminal sense, he'll be forever stained by his association to Trump).  Pence is the only person that appears to know where the legal lines are, and he only abased himself so that he can be POTUS when Trump is removed/resigns/dies/whatever.  I'm fairly certain that he would not knowingly jeopardize that.

And I agree with Burgold that the House will never have the votes to actually impeach Trump.  I've said this before, but I think the only way Trump doesn't finish his term is if they get a family member on state law charges (which he can't pardon) and a deal is cut where Kush/Ivanka/Donny Jr. get leniency in exchange for Trump's resignation.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, twa said:

Flynn is alright, unless ya are getting shipped off in the middle of the night with a bag on ya head. :pint:

Haven't read the deal of course, but like Dersh says....it is a odd charge if ya had better options.

What do you mean by "it is a odd charge if ya had better options"?

Good ole liberal dersh has a very specific and powerful agenda that leads to actually backing Trump/jared and their supposed plan for Israel as a high priority even though there's plenty else about trump stuff he hates...it's almost like an "abortion issue" for him and it's very much colored the bulk of his analysis for many months---way back to early in the campaign

now this next "should' be easily known to dedicated pontificators everywhere, but the whole shtick being played by so many gopers on the airwaves of "look how little they are charging flynn with--that's all they've got" is either blatantly trying to snow the audience or if genuine reflects of a level of ignorance for which "dumb" is quite fitting

• Like 5

Ok, show of hands, who thinks it is actually impossible that the Congressional Rs would cheat the system yet again and give Trump broader pardon powers, covering any and everything state, federal, local? Not likely, impossible, who has even a flicker of hope that there is still some level to which they will not stoop?

Don't forget to buy his new book either :)

Just now, daveakl said:

What do you mean by "it is a odd charge if ya had better options"?

since you asked :evil:

though I do hate repeating myself. 

:taz:

There is going to be more and more of the "tripping all over the lies" stuff coming, featuring a number of major players. Entertainment for the holidays. 

The real legal eagles know that they have several solid major charges on Flynn and his son, and that they only use a 'small' one in their reveal is a classic move in these kinds of operations. The fact that knowledgeable people are proposing otherwise shows their conscious intent to mislead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

The real legal eagles know that they have several solid major charges on Flynn and his son, and that they only use a 'small' one in their reveal is a classic move in these kinds of operations. The fact that knowledgeable people are proposing otherwise shows their conscious intent to mislead.

Bro, they were only process crimes!