Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

@PleaseBlitz looks like they going after NRA now, too.  So I'll ask again, would you be okay with probe going past the 2020 election?  I'm hoping a candidate will take Trump out if not done by then. Part of me doesn't want to risk it, but it seriously looks like exactly what you said, the most important round up in American history, maybe human history.  If they need another year or two to get as many as possible...its possibly a historical tone-setter.

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

The thing is that activities by the Trump campaign, organization, and others aren't stopping, so there may be more things to look into in the meantime, including the next election if Trump is able to run.

Goes back to when I originally got chewed out for this, do all the charges have to be brought out at the same time?  They could keep adding stuff like you are saying as long as they are in office, but if say we know hes doing the bidding of Russia now, he needs to be gone ASAP.  Part of me thinks they wont get him for treason because that would've came out by now, we should not be sitting on that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Goes back to when I originally got chewed out for this, do all the charges have to be brought out at the same time?  They could keep adding stuff like you are saying as long as they are in office, but if say we know hes doing the bidding of Russia now, he needs to be gone ASAP.  Part of me thinks they wont get him for treason because that would've came out by now, we should not be sitting on that.

I think in a year or two, we will look back on this whole scenario as a case of "due process" gone horribly wrong. No question that everyone deserves due process and the burden of proof is absolutely necessary, but-- a LOT of damage will be done and too much power will be consolidated by the time they can present a rock solid case against this administration.

I hate to say it but our own fairness in justice is killing us. This isn't Nixon breaking into a hotel office. This is much, much worse. It has so many tentacles in motion and much more congressional/DOJ complicity than Watergate. By the time the Special Counsel's Office report gets any real traction, it might be too late to stop a steamroller.

Edit- I want to add that a treason charge seems very unattainable in the long run. The notion that the president is somehow compromised is more realistic but like you say- just as important to curtail NOW.

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

At this point the only reason I can see the GOP still backing Trump is because there a lot more of them involved in it somehow, whether a large role or small role, and they feel their only way to survive this is to go 100% Trump to try to beat the thing entirely. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@PleaseBlitz looks like they going after NRA now, too.  So I'll ask again, would you be okay with probe going past the 2020 election?  I'm hoping a candidate will take Trump out if not done by then. Part of me doesn't want to risk it, but it seriously looks like exactly what you said, the most important round up in American history, maybe human history.  If they need another year or two to get as many as possible...its possibly a historical tone-setter.

Yes, definitely.  Mueller's job is not to sway the election.  Mueller's job is to (1) figure out exactly what happened and (2) to bring those people to justice as an example to other people that might think about pulling this kind of stuff.  I totally agree that this is too important to not do all the way.

Voting Trump the **** out isn't Mueller's responsibility, it is every voter's responsibility.  

That said, there is nothing preventing Mueller from issuing more "speaking indictments" before he issues the full report.  Speaking indictments are court filings that lay out what he knows while talking the court through what some individual criminal did.  They are official and public.  I think a few of those in the middle of 2020 would be just as effective as the full report in terms of political impact.  Or, you know, Don Jr. getting perp walked out of Trump tower.

31 minutes ago, visionary said:

The thing is that activities by the Trump campaign, organization, and others aren't stopping, so there may be more things to look into in the meantime, including the next election if Trump is able to run.

An excellent point.

Another thing to think about is whether Trump is even a viable candidate without all of the illegal stuff his campaign probably did.  If Mueller (and everyone else) is watching like a hawk and Trump can't cheat, and everyone is on to the Russian's meddling, he'll have a much harder time winning.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

At this point the only reason I can see the GOP still backing Trump is because there a lot more of them involved in it somehow, whether a large role or small role, and they feel their only way to survive this is to go 100% Trump to try to beat the thing entirely. 

I think a lot of people are seeing the organized coverup which has obviously going on, but they're jumping to the assumption of shared incrimination. 

i don't think it's necessary to assume that Russia is blackmailing the entire GOP, when it can adequately be explained by all of them realizing that without the Trump voters, the GOP is as relevant as the Whigs. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Larry said:

I think a lot of people are seeing the organized coverup which has obviously going on, but they're jumping to the assumption of shared incrimination. 

i don't think it's necessary to assume that Russia is blackmailing the entire GOP, when it can adequately be explained by all of them realizing that without the Trump voters, the GOP is as relevant as the Whigs. 

Right. I agree.  I don't necessarily think a room of 50 GOP members were sitting in on all things Russia, it is more maybe they are touching it in smaller ways.   Maybe they are just doing their small part to help obstruct, slow or stall the sharing of necessary information, throwing up roadblocks wherever possible.   

29 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

The more we find the NRA connections with Russia, the better we'll understand why so many in the GOP are in such strong support of such a potentially destructive element to their own party (Trump). They took the NRA's money but realized too late that it was really Russia's money.

Edited by Chachie