Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carson Wentz hires personal QB coach

jphilly

I like seeing him wanting to improve his game . Every QB could always learn something but tend to get complacent . Like Dak his head right now is swollen . He has been seen out partying all over the place .  Oct he partied with Snoop dog .  RIght before Giants game in Dec he was partying spraying champagne all over crowed . After season partying again in Vegas .  Remember he got beat up partying spring break , then had dwi right before draft .  Wentz was not perfect tis year but with a rookie HC I love what I see . The fact that he wants to improve and is putting in the work tells  a lot about the kid .

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carson-wentz-hires-personal-qb-coach-012617

The Philadelphia Eagles decided to jettison Sam Bradford prior to the beginning of the 2016 season and install top draft pick Carson Wentz as the starting quarterback. While Wentz led the Eagles to a surprising 4-2 start, he struggled as the year progressed, throwing four more interceptions than touchdowns over his last nine games (7-to-11) and finishing the year with a completion percentage, passing yard total and quarterback rating all in the bottom half of the league.

Wentz is seeking some extra help over the offseason to improve his quarterback mechanics, and he’s chosen a guru who has helped train the two quarterbacks who will be starting in Super Bowl 51.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, Wentz has hired Adam Dedeaux – who has previously worked with Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan and even Tim Tebow. Dedeaux is a former pitcher who runs 3DQB, and has worked for years with renowned quarterback guru Tom House.

Matt Ryan visited 3DQB prior to the start of this season, and proceeded to have an MVP-caliber year.

via ESPN:

“Ryan spent six weeks training with Dedeaux and House. The sessions, spread over a sixth-month period on the West Coast and in Atlanta, were four to five days a week for three to four hours a day.

“You’re always trying to find ways to get better, and I feel like that was an avenue for me to get better,” Ryan said. “It was different-style training — some shoulder work, some core work. And I feel really good. The ball feels really good. It’s coming off well.”

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Considering how bad he was in the 2nd half of the season he could use the help.

Trolling aside, I do like him a lot. See a lot of Joe Flacco in him.

As soon as lane johnson came back his play went back up . So eagles need to get some better depth at the Oline .... Because its not good if one player had that much effect on him.   But we were down to or 3rd and practice squad guys for a bit . The redskins game Big V had his first game ever and Kerrigan chewed him up like a hungry junk yard dog .  

But he looked pretty good this year , All but 2 of the losses this year could of been a W they were close all the way to the end.  Not bad for a rookie HC who for sure cost a few games with bad choices and a rookie QB that did have a preseason due to injuries , then thrown into starting spot  a week before the start.

The NFCE looks to be back on top with best teams for sure . Redskins , Giants cowboys and Eagles  are only getting better . So it should bring some great games over the nexxt few years  

• 3 weeks later...

He'll need all the help he can gets.  This is a big year for him after a pretty disappointing rookie season.  Since the year 2000, there have been 31 rookie QBs who attempted at least 200 passes and finished with lower than 5.2 ANY/A.  Here are the best of the 31: Carson Palmer, Derek Carr, and Matt Stafford.  The remaining 27 non-Wentzs all ended up being bad QBs.  And then there's Carson Wentz, who we can't make a final declaration on yet.

Conversely, there have been 17 QBs with ANY/A of greater than 5.2 in their rookie seasons.  These QBs include Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Dak Prescott, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Marc Bulger, and Joe Flacco.  There are very few outright busts in this group, although Robert Griffin made the cut.

On 2/15/2017 at 6:10 PM, ncr2h said:

He'll need all the help he can gets.  This is a big year for him after a pretty disappointing rookie season.  Since the year 2000, there have been 31 rookie QBs who attempted at least 200 passes and finished with lower than 5.2 ANY/A.  Here are the best of the 31: Carson Palmer, Derek Carr, and Matt Stafford.  The remaining 27 non-Wentzs all ended up being bad QBs.  And then there's Carson Wentz, who we can't make a final declaration on yet.

Conversely, there have been 17 QBs with ANY/A of greater than 5.2 in their rookie seasons.  These QBs include Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Dak Prescott, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Marc Bulger, and Joe Flacco.  There are very few outright busts in this group, although Robert Griffin made the cut.

The Eagles receiving core is horrible. I think a large part of their fast start was because teams were mistakenly respecting their WRs. After that defenses dared the WRs to make plays and they couldn't. 

On 2/22/2017 at 2:39 PM, Unbias said:

The Eagles receiving core is horrible. I think a large part of their fast start was because teams were mistakenly respecting their WRs. After that defenses dared the WRs to make plays and they couldn't. 

I think they also expected less of Carson . Everyone was sure he would not play at a high level . 

10 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

DJAX will be a big help for him next year.  I really think he is going back to philly.  We will see if Wentz has the arm and accuracy to use him for the deep ball though.

as much as I missed Djax I would not want him back . He is not the same Djax that left , he is a bit older now and few more injuries added to list . Eagles need to get younger and build around Carson . We actually had one of the Oldest teams  " players age average "  We need to get a soild vet to help younger WRs but id rather see a sure hands guy like we used to have in Jason Avant . Poor Carson had it bad this past season . Lost Jmatt our best WR a lot during season ... then Huff got kicked to curb .  Then add in Teggs , Turner , Aggy , DBG and a couple others .  

It was no wonder Carson could not connect .... Way too many guys for him to even get a chance to get anything fluid with them ..... Not to mention the NO Preseason  and told he was starter only a week before season . Eagles were lucky nothing bad happened to Wentz and hopefully didnt do any mental damage to him ... Although he seems strong and can handle pressure . 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

While your point are all valid I really think you are getting him back.  And I think you guys will over pay for him.  I'm totally fine with that.

:eagles_suck:

I hope your wrong :)  As much as I like Jeffery and think he could make impact with Eagles . Im not sure Id want him either .  I really thinking getting younger will do the team better and a Solid WR Vet that is a non diva type .  Id rather draft a true Number 1 WR and he can be diva all he wants if he produces . Eagles are still in a bit of cap troubles from Chip Kelly .  They will look a lot better 2018  but next year will still be a problem 

On 2/24/2017 at 10:06 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

DJAX will be a big help for him next year.  I really think he is going back to philly.  We will see if Wentz has the arm and accuracy to use him for the deep ball though.

He needs some improvement on that for sure.  I love that his first shot in this video is Matthews dropping the ball though lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIYbRXhiP_8

With QBs they typically have an opportunity to make a big jump from year 1 to year 2. That first year they go from college to draft prep to learning how to be a pro to playing so fast that there really isn't time to change some of the fundamentals. The fact that he's hired someone suggests he cares and is willing to put the effort in. 

I'd also add the Eagles fans should be happy he's not doing any marketing stuff and focusing on football as opposed to his brand. 

On 2/27/2017 at 5:55 PM, Unbias said:

With QBs they typically have an opportunity to make a big jump from year 1 to year 2. That first year they go from college to draft prep to learning how to be a pro to playing so fast that there really isn't time to change some of the fundamentals. The fact that he's hired someone suggests he cares and is willing to put the effort in. 

I'd also add the Eagles fans should be happy he's not doing any marketing stuff and focusing on football as opposed to his brand. 

last week or week before he was in Cali working Nelson Agy and some other guy . So he has been determined which is great to see but not a suprise . IF anyone saw his rehab video in college , even the biggest Wentz hater cant help but be impressed 

Archived